Wiki Posts
Search

Help- Short Course Oval ride height?

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2015, 08:55 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Questions?? ? SC10 shock limiter suggestion

Hey guys so this is my first post in this section. Where I live this time of year we only have one indoor option. It is a concrete oval where we run a couple short course classes. I run in 2wd short course truck body on rubber tires and 2wd open wheel modified body on rubber.

I am pretty much new to rc and could use some help. I have a. Sc10.2 and struggled for a while to find read grip. I finally got the right tires and then had some traction roll issues but was able to help some with a less aggressive tire on right front and stiffer springs on the right side. I seem to be able to blast people down the straights but loose them in the turns. I understand this is several factors and I welcome any suggestions.

My biggest question is ride height. I have noticed the guys where I race are much lower than me so I bought so fuel tubing to lower my truck some but not sure what a good starting ride height would be.

I have the sc10.2 pretty much kit setup still except I have yellow spring left front and red spring right front. I have a green spring left read and a white spring right rear. I still have kit shock fluid which is 35wt all the way around.

Thanks guys for any help. I am still new and have asked a lot of questions over in the sc10.2 thread but when it comes to oval they just refer to the oval forum.

Thanks,

Last edited by trudgeP164; 01-21-2015 at 07:10 PM.
Old 01-20-2015, 09:32 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

I run 60wt oil on the right side and 50wt oil on the left. I run buggy shocks on mine without limiters and runt truck rear springs on all 4 corners.
Old 01-20-2015, 07:50 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by poorboy
I run 60wt oil on the right side and 50wt oil on the left. I run buggy shocks on mine without limiters and runt truck rear springs on all 4 corners.
Thanks,

I'm still new and trying to grasp the basics of setup & all the available adjustments and then trying to apply my limited knowledge (or lack there of) to oval just makes my head spin.

What about weight, is it pretty common to run weight on the left side for oval racing?

I can use all the suggestions I can get and appreciate it.
Old 01-21-2015, 07:12 PM
Tech Adept

Default Any more suggestions.

Just thought I'd ask one more time if anyone had a suggestion on a starting point. I am thinking of limiting my shocks to lower my ride height to help sct performance on our concrete oval. I bought a little fuel tubing but not sure where to start.

Any thoughts on a starting point? 5/16 maybe?
Old 01-22-2015, 11:39 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Check out dirtoval.com and do a search. There's a lot of info on there. This is also a great write up.
http://www.dirtoval.com/forums/showthread.php?t=86597