Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree4Likes

Rovan LT305 4WD Short Course Truck - LOSI 5IVE-T Compatible

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2014, 02:41 PM
Tech Rookie

This is what I wrote to Rovan

Wow this is really a bunch of crap for $880 dollars. Every thing falls a apart or needs to be replaced. I bought a new front case for it. I drove it today around the yard did not even use half a tank of gas. And the back shock broke. The base of the shock molding broke. I have spent a lot of money just in buying parts for this truck.

It is really sad that you would even sell some thing like this to anyone. I have a right to be mad about this. I worked hard for that money. How would you like it if I sold you a pice of crap.

I understand that it is not a Losi product. You should not sell some thing that does not work right out of the box. And as far as the clutch bell goes you telling every one to loosen up the pinion screw and use some lock tight on it. That's bull shit. That in no way fixes the problem . That tells me you don't care about the quality of product you put out as long as you get your money. That's all I have to say to you. I could keep going but what's the point. Just take the dam thing of the market.
Old 05-21-2014, 02:51 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Your future is going to be rough if you go around with that attitude. It will get you nowhere.

Originally Posted by Sixgun

Wow this is really a bunch of crap for $880 dollars. Every thing falls a apart or needs to be replaced. I bought a new front case for it. I drove it today around the yard did not even use half a tank of gas. And the back shock broke. The base of the shock molding broke. I have spent a lot of money just in buying parts for this truck.

It is really sad that you would even sell some thing like this to anyone. I have a right to be mad about this. I worked hard for that money. How would you like it if I sold you a pice of crap.

I understand that it is not a Losi product. You should not sell some thing that does not work right out of the box. And as far as the clutch bell goes you telling every one to loosen up the pinion screw and use some lock tight on it. That's bull shit. That in no way fixes the problem . That tells me you don't care about the quality of product you put out as long as you get your money. That's all I have to say to you. I could keep going but what's the point. Just take the dam thing of the market.
Old 05-21-2014, 03:08 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Sixgun

LOL, You knew going into it you were buying a half price knockoff, several days after the thread starter posted good pics and issues with the teardown, now your butthurt because you got exactly what you knew you were getting? Who are you really wanting to feel sorry for you here?
Old 05-21-2014, 04:19 PM
Tech Adept

Chalk it up to being lesson learned IMO. 1/5 scale is going to burn a hole in your pocket any way you slice it. Might as well get the genuine article, especially when a roller can be had for around 1100 bucks.. lots of good deals on used 5ives too. just saying.
Old 05-22-2014, 09:50 PM
Tech Rookie

Flame me all you want. I did know about some of the parts that where bad. Really if it was you wouldn't you be upset. And you don't know what kind of stupid emails that I have gotten from them before I got upset.
Old 05-22-2014, 10:48 PM
Tech Initiate

Wow, after reading this thread in its entirety, i think im glad i have the genuine 5ive on my bench.

being my first 5th scale, i've had a few frustrating moments with the 5ive (stripped screws etc.) i cant even imagine how frustrated and "forget this" mentality i'd have if i started with this thing.

I realize people save money by getting this...but i want to enjoy the hobby...and for that, the extra money spent on the losi was well worth the peace of mind and satisfaction that comes with a well running, well built truck.

just my 2 cents

Cheers,

Paul
Old 05-23-2014, 07:48 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

honestly I think a lot of it may go more towards the fact that with everything, and especially more so with these copies, you may not want to be the guy buying the first run of these things.

Even the bigger companies have issues with there first run stuff (remember Losi SCTE diff pins anyone?). How the company stands behind it though to me is the biggest factor. If I am basically on my own with stuff you know is a problem, then I will look elsewhere.
Old 06-05-2014, 11:44 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

any updates? Have a dbxl and looking for another 1/5 so son and I can run together.
Old 06-08-2014, 09:10 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Between racing and other stuff come up I haven't had time to run this thing. It's sitting on my shelf with everything installed after the painful process of going through it.
Old 06-11-2014, 10:30 AM
Tech Adept

Default G-Force Hobbies

http://www.rctech.net/forum/racing-f...l#post13327173
Old 06-27-2014, 05:54 PM
Tech Initiate

An update on my Rovan.

I only use mine to race, I replaced the cv pins with Losi items.

Last race day I was the only car in the A main to be circulating after about 14 mins. Hence I won the race. I had already lapped the field anyway.

I'm sorry to hear that people had a bad experience with theirs, my experience has been all good. Would I buy a genuine one? Hell no! I'll use the savings to install radio gear that works properly.

A big tip- use steering servos that have about a .1 second transit. And 75 kilos of torque. It makes all the difference.
Old 07-05-2014, 02:05 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

-another satisfied customer!
Old 07-18-2014, 03:31 AM
Tech Initiate

So I fail to see how anyone couldn't like racing this car. It might be a copy but it is just as fast, a hell of a lot cheaper and just as robust(or probably better)

The aluminium upgraded diff cups and shock parts are awesome.

I either got a good one or the other guys are doing it wrong.
Old 07-18-2014, 08:51 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BMAINETERNAL
So I fail to see how anyone couldn't like racing this car. It might be a copy but it is just as fast, a hell of a lot cheaper and just as robust(or probably better)

The aluminium upgraded diff cups and shock parts are awesome.

I either got a good one or the other guys are doing it wrong.
Can you do a review with rebuild on yours? maybe compare pics of parts others have issue with to yours?
Old 07-19-2014, 06:28 AM
Tech Initiate

You want me to pull it apart, Take photos of it and explain why its a good truck?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.