Community
Wiki Posts
Search

OFNA Electric 1/8 Late Model

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2014, 04:59 PM
Tech Rookie

Default OFNA Electric 1/8 Late Model

Can someone give me a good starting point for a ofna electric 1/8 late model? Like what shock oils..ride heights..camber..im just getting into the 1/8 late model so i just want a kinda safe base setup to start with
Old 04-12-2014, 03:03 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

I used mine as it came to me in the box. Made slight camber adjustments with positive on left side and negative on right side (about 1 degree on each side). Car was run on a high banked dirt oval of 1/10 mile. It was also a go kart track; that is why it was so large.
Old 04-15-2014, 07:58 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

since this site is definitely not a dirt oval friendly place(just means that not alot of people do it)..

www.dirtoval.com

Their forums you'll find alot of info on that specific car
Old 05-11-2014, 04:32 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)
Default Battery

The biggest improvement you can make to these cars is to bolt a piece of carbon fiber plate on the left side and move the battery tray as far left as possible. I used an old 10th scale chassis plate cut down . You can also eliminate the battery tray and put velcro on the battery and plate then use a velcro strap to hold it on. It's very little work for a very big improvement.
Old 06-09-2014, 10:41 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

What kind of track are you running on? Hard-packed, blue-groove clay, or loose dirt/clay mix.

50% of handling is tire selection. See what the hot shoes are running for tires, and start with them.

Moderately stiff suspension for hard packed, mid-thickness shock oil. I run 125k in my front diff and 60k in my center diff. Keeps the car from diffing-out, and the front pulls harder coming out.

Once you have a base set-up, adjust depending on how it is handling. Notice where in the turn you have a problem (off-power going in; or on-power coming out). Then analyze what weight transfer is happening at that point (off-power - weight to the front and outside; on-power weight to the rear) and adjust springs and shock oil to keep the bad stuff from happening. If you push on power, you are transferring too much weight to the rear, stiffen or thicken the rear, raise rear ride height. If you push off-power you are not transferring enough weight to the front, so soften the front or lower rear ride height.

That should get you going.