Wiki Posts
Search

SC10.2 dirt oval setup

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2013, 01:52 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default SC10.2 dirt oval setup

Looking for a setup that will work on a dirt oval for my 10.2 I have the gearing figured out, was wondering if anyone can post a setup. Thanks
Old 09-08-2013, 12:30 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I have a sc mod and ran it for the first time. I put 50wt shock oil all the way around, and used front springs front and rear. Not sure of the colers but was the two stiffest springs they make for big bores.
Old 09-08-2013, 12:44 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Not running an sc10 myself, but I have noticed that there seems to be a difference in setups between mdm and late model bodies. What type of body are you using on yours? Are you using a ball diff? Made a big difference in a good way on my outlaw mdm chuckworksrc slash. It drifts off the corners in a controllable way now. If you are using a gear diff and some decent brushless power, make sure the gears inside the diff are shimmed properly or you will start hearing some clicking noises before the gears go. I did witness that on our local track.
Old 11-26-2013, 07:28 AM
Tech Initiate

softest spring you can find in the right rear a mid in the left rear and right front soft left front

40wt left side

60wt right side

thats wha ti run in my mod works great for me