Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FG Model Touring cars?

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2013, 04:42 PM
Tech Rookie

I am still deciding to buy or not...no one here in NC is into it!
Old 07-09-2013, 09:34 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by zebt66
That's too bad. These cars are a LOT of fun! But --their plenty boring without being able to race them!! It's only soo much fun to be had in parking lot playing!! Once your on a prep'd track and racing with others though--the FUN never stops!!
Old 07-18-2013, 11:17 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Profoxcg
electric?! come on. what a way to kill off a hobby.
Lol..... so true though.

BM
Old 07-18-2013, 11:32 AM
Tech Elite

I know how you feel man .... I have an FG F1 Comp car. Here in Iowa and no-one runs them here either. There is starting to be some activity in Off-Road 1/5th scale. But I haven't heard of any on-roaders

I would like to get to a full race one day. I did try to get to the Nationals out in Cali' last year but a last minute family "snag" brought things to a hault.

BM
Old 08-01-2013, 01:48 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I just bought the FG brushless car, the RTR M3 version, It is OK out of the box actually nice radio robitronic (airtronics) computer radio. BIG Hitec servo EZ run 150A speedo and a pretty cheap chinese motor, the car runs in the mid 40's stock but the motor gets VERY hot and only 6-6-1/2 minutes on 6S 6500's, after 4-5 sets of packs I swapped out the motor with a castle 2028 and with the same gearing it's doing low 50's almost 10 minutes of runtime and the castle motor doesn't get as hot. It is 4WD and is a blast to drive, handles and brakes great (no need for discs cause the motor handles the braking) I've been looking for something BIG like this to bash around w/ now I just have to convince one of my buddies to get one!!!!!
Old 08-01-2013, 02:01 PM
Tech Addict

Sounds like you're having fun---what did the car and Castle motor cost?
Old 08-01-2013, 04:49 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

the car RTR with an extra set of tires and 3 sets of extra gears was around $1500. I have lots of BIG boats so I have a few 2028's lying around so I didn't have to buy 1, but I think you can get them for around $220. I am going to put in a castle XL2 and a higher gear ratio and run it on 8 cells instead of 6, I only have 8 3S 6500's but i have 30+ 4S 6500's, hopefully on the higher voltage the car will be a little more efficient too.
Old 08-28-2013, 01:10 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by British Menace
I know how you feel man .... I have an FG F1 Comp car. Here in Iowa and no-one runs them here either. There is starting to be some activity in Off-Road 1/5th scale. But I haven't heard of any on-roaders

I would like to get to a full race one day. I did try to get to the Nationals out in Cali' last year but a last minute family "snag" brought things to a hault.

BM
I would totaly get into 1/5th touring if there was a place in iowa to race them. parking lots would be about the only place to take them or smaller karting tracks. i know i few guys interest in 1/8th gt and maybe a few interested in 1/5th. i think its one of those things where you have to see it before you get the itch to own one. i have the bug to own one but cant justify it without at place and people to race with. A parking lot is fun for so long by yourself.
Old 08-29-2013, 09:41 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by dbl-fistn55
I would totaly get into 1/5th touring if there was a place in iowa to race them. parking lots would be about the only place to take them or smaller karting tracks. i know i few guys interest in 1/8th gt and maybe a few interested in 1/5th. i think its one of those things where you have to see it before you get the itch to own one. i have the bug to own one but cant justify it without at place and people to race with. A parking lot is fun for so long by yourself.
That is all so very true my friend. I did approach LHR..... which is 2hrs from me ..... to ask if they would entertain us bringing 1/5th scales to their track. They said they would. I figured maybe one weekend I could spark some interest out there by running my car as an exhibition ...... ????
There is a very good parking lot .... freshly recovered and smooth here in Davenport which the High School has told me I can use but like you said.... only so much fun out on your own!?

Where in Iowa are you?

BM
Old 08-29-2013, 11:50 AM
Tech Adept

That is all so very true my friend. I did approach LHR..... which is 2hrs from me ..... to ask if they would entertain us bringing 1/5th scales to their track. They said they would. I figured maybe one weekend I could spark some interest out there by running my car as an exhibition ...... ????
There is a very good parking lot .... freshly recovered and smooth here in Davenport which the High School has told me I can use but like you said.... only so much fun out on your own!?

Where in Iowa are you?

BM
I'm located in West Des Moines. Is LHR a kart track of some sort? id be willing to travel every once and while if there was some sort of race or practice day? These cars look like a blast to drive and i have just been watching and wishing there was something like this in the Midwest.
Old 08-29-2013, 11:59 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by dbl-fistn55
I'm located in West Des Moines. Is LHR a kart track of some sort? id be willing to travel every once and while if there was some sort of race or practice day? These cars look like a blast to drive and i have just been watching and wishing there was something like this in the Midwest.
Oh LHR is quite a venue. On and off road outdoor tracks. Indoor offroad and indoor air-conditioned area to pit. On site shop too ....

Check it out....

http://leisurehoursraceway.com/

There is a UF1-Midwest Race scheduled to be there on the weekend of the 21/22nd September. Maybe that would be the ideal opportunity?!

BM
Old 08-29-2013, 12:21 PM
Tech Adept

Oh LHR is quite a venue. On and off road outdoor tracks. Indoor offroad and indoor air-conditioned area to pit. On site shop too ....

Check it out....

http://leisurehoursraceway.com/

There is a UF1-Midwest Race scheduled to be there on the weekend of the 21/22nd September. Maybe that would be the ideal opportunity?!

BM
oh ok i knew that. yeah that is roughly 5hrs from my place. not bad. 21/22 will not work with my as i will be watching my son as my wife will be out of town if you get the 1/5th out there take some videos! like to see how small or big that track is for 1/5th. looks like its the only decent option available to us.
Old 09-03-2013, 09:53 AM
Tech Elite

If you decide to get an SCT Aaron ... I'll get out to one of those parking lots with you...
Be more fun.

BM
Old 09-11-2013, 06:28 PM
Tech Apprentice

I have a basic FG sportsline with an E46 GTR body. Where in NC are you? Im in Goldsboro. I have had my FG for a few years now but have never even started it up, or put gas in it. Part of the reason is I was in Okinawa for 3 years.
Old 09-11-2013, 07:13 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by mgillooly
I have a basic FG sportsline with an E46 GTR body. Where in NC are you? Im in Goldsboro. I have had my FG for a few years now but have never even started it up, or put gas in it. Part of the reason is I was in Okinawa for 3 years.
Nice paint job on that body! The car looks cool.....

BM

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.