Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How do you clean your Baja????

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2013, 07:54 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default How do you clean your Baja????

Today my Baja suffered some major mud and I'm stupmed as to a logical way to clean it up. Take the electronics out and pressure wash it??
Old 04-21-2013, 08:08 PM
Tech Initiate

If it's dry, it should chip off in chunks! Take electronics out, cover up your intake/filter and wash it with! I don't use a pressure washer, but you can use your outside hose... you can also us a cleaner like simple green or spray nine.
Old 04-21-2013, 09:01 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 252 (100%+)

Pull engine and electronics spray with simple green or your favorite cleaner and use a hose or pressure washer . If it's real bad I tear it all down and clean piece by piece.
Old 05-06-2013, 12:54 AM
Suspended

There is superb talk on how to baja clean I am sharing my experience with you I clean it i just want to make sure that i do it fine. I pull out the radio box air filter and carburetor.
Its very easy and and quick method to clean it and Its also very trusted way..
Industrial scale

Last edited by AdrianWhite; 05-13-2013 at 09:11 AM.
Old 05-06-2013, 01:05 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 45 (98%+)

Wow you guys sure make it sound super difficult. All I do is take a can of Tuff Stuff foam aerosol cleaner from Walmart which also I use in my car to clean carpet or vinyl stains.

Anyway this stuff is amazing spray it liberally all over your Baja (unless you keep your RX box open). Let it foam for a few minutes then just blast away with an air compressor. Where we go oval racing all of our Bajas are literally caked with mud in the wheels, under the motor, in the chassis, stuck underneath the fuel tank....but this stuff works wonders. It even cleans your tires without scrubbing anything!

I clean by 1/8 e-buggy the same way, I clean my 1/10 buggy the same way, and I clean my 1/10 short course truck the same way. As long as most of your electronics are water resistant you're fine. Spray away and blast with air!

Tuff Stuff will not eat aluminum or plastic. In fact I even use it all over the motor/pipe/crank too before I relube the cable bearings. Then I will clean my TGN filter and primary filter and reoil. Followed by spraying generic carb cleaner to get any sand or dirt residue out of there. Of course use compressed air again to blow off residues.

Then when you get home you may want to spray WD-40 or something to displace some water that may have been left over from the Tuff Stuff spray....

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Tuff-Stuff...-22oz/16817397

Last edited by alexchen86; 05-06-2013 at 01:21 AM.
Old 05-07-2013, 07:10 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I pull the box out and go to the car wash and use the pressure washer there. Done it like this for years with zero problems at all. Just cover your carb and pipe stinger and go at it then pack your bearings again.
Old 05-07-2013, 04:23 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Clean a baja? Lol

Mine does not get cleaned
Old 05-08-2013, 03:51 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 252 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cinnabun
Clean a baja? Lol

Mine does not get cleaned
That ain't right . I'm going to call bps .
Baja
protective
Services
Old 05-09-2013, 03:22 PM
Tech Adept

The best way to clean it is with compressed air. Water will get into the bearings, and that's not good for them.

I don't clean mine like I clean my smaller scale RCs. On the smaller stuff, the weight makes a much larger difference in the performance. Usually I'll blow off the grass if I go to the park and bash, but generally I don't worry about a little dirt.
Old 08-01-2013, 03:59 PM
Tech Rookie

I use simple green and hose it off. just pull out the radio box