Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Boats to braun, bring on the the bush!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2012, 11:36 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Boats to braun, bring on the the bush!!

I'm in, my head got the better of me, lol. It's odered a Losi 5iveT from the Hobbyman in Dandenong and they've told me it'll be here tomorrow so I'll need to clear a special space in the shed (behind the packed boats still for sale,lol).This big sucker will get flogged until the motor either dies or annoys me and then I'll do a little rebuid with a little carbon and aluminium in the right places and drop the XL2 with a 2028 in it and see how many lipo's I can make it hold before it get's too heavy, footage shows me that weight's not such an issue, keeping the wheels in contact with the surface can be another issue. I may in the future look into a neu 2225 960kv and a high voltage speedo but for a while it'll be castle.....and light's lol.
Old 07-31-2012, 10:45 AM
Tech Initiate

Superb combination.
Old 08-01-2012, 04:09 AM
Tech Adept

I was ready but no beasts bleshed me with there presents, lol.........................#$%###%&*(ing couriers.

now really, what 2stroke mix should I be using? Will this castrol active 2T fc for motorbikes be alright?
Old 08-01-2012, 06:25 PM
Tech Adept

santas been!!!!!!!! wow I feel alive today, it's too cold to mow the lawns, I'm off to get this dirty.

collection complete (for now)

Old 08-02-2012, 01:44 AM
Tech Adept

wow it's fun to drive and handles well but I'm yet to let it rip to hard for too long as I'd like to run the engine in a tad before I kill it too quickly.

I remember driving my xxl with a LRP .30 in it for the first time and all I can say is.................it's nothing like driving one of these big suckers, the sound, smell and feeling is what I've been laking since going brushless. I can say from my experience from switching and coming back to a gasser is yes, brushless will always have much more punch than a nitro or gas but for god sake after driving this afternoon I realise why I've been running my chainsaws the way I do, I love it. RrrrnRrrn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-02-2012, 05:22 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Sweet millzee! Bring it on. plz make a vid bro.
Old 08-03-2012, 07:34 PM
Tech Adept

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Old 08-06-2012, 03:05 AM
Tech Adept

Yesterday I posted about my dissapointment in the rtr servo's dying after only two tanks and now geez, it doesn't stop. I've just been fitting a pipe and noticed a small break a hole in the flywheel cover and to my amazement found a small fin piece off the fly wheel and it lodged itself in under the black head cover between the two top cooling fins on the head, wow, no wonder they say to run it with the cover on in the book, it's to cover for less deaths or at least loss of eye sight when it fly's apart, damn, I guess I'll need to send another email, I'm really not the customer from hell, just one that was going to see how long it last as stock..............well, 2 tanks.
Old 08-06-2012, 03:29 PM
Tech Adept

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.