Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Oval, Larger Scales and More
Need Some Nitro Late Model Advice >

Need Some Nitro Late Model Advice

Need Some Nitro Late Model Advice

Old 07-28-2012, 07:33 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)
Default Need Some Nitro Late Model Advice

Hello and good evening. I haven't been around for awhile but back in the saddle again. I Have an OFNA hyper 7 that I want to convert to a Dirt Late Model. Would any one have any idea what I will need to do to accomplish this. What front bumper will I need and also body mounts. The Hyper 7 has only two mounts. Also I have 1 1/2" wheel extenders will this help me.From what I know my brother Has raced the Hyper 7 before on oval dirt. Whats your opinion of this setup for someone who want be able to race every weekend. Thanks in advance for any guidance. It will be much appreciated.
Old 07-28-2012, 07:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 117 (99%+)

I know some guys have used buggys to run dirt oval as far as the wheel extenders go no they will have to go. the guys I saw that ran buggys made there own mounts for the rear and I believe also for the front of the body also and still used the stock shocks. I know ofna makes a late model so maybe you could get a few of the parts for one of them if they'd fit your buggy. have you checked over on dirt oval .com for any advise? you might be ahead since thats all they do over there on that site. also most tracks have a spec tire like the Losi premounts so you might check into that for your local track also.
Old 07-28-2012, 08:32 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Thanks for the info, I'll definately check over there.