Wiki Posts
Search

RJ Speed Sprint

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2012, 07:43 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default RJ Speed Sprint

not sure if this should go in electric onroad or oval so im putting it here.

i just got a rj spped 1/10 sprint car to run on a local carpet oval. just wondering if theres anything i should know about setups or anything like that before i take it out!

thanks!
Old 07-28-2012, 08:01 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

I would start with a green left front, blue right front, and two greens on rear. I think the compound colors have been changed but green is soft and blue is harder. If the track allows it, I would off set the left rear by using as few spacers as possible on that side. Mount servo under chassis or in very front of car. Batt also under chassis. Leave all the cross braces so they can be turned by hand slightly; this will allow the chassis to flex some. Put an extra washer on the right hand front king pin to reduce the springs compression; this will keep the right front from dipping as much in turns. Dope both of the rear tires completely and just the outside edge of the left front and see how it turns. If you need more turning, dope more of the left front. Good luck
Old 07-28-2012, 12:30 PM
Tech Adept

thank you! I already have the servo and battery under the car and loosing the chassis makes sense but what do you mean offset the back?
Old 07-28-2012, 05:12 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

If your track allows it; don't use all the spacers or large spacer on the left side of the rear axle. This will bring the left rear wheel and tire closer to the center of the car and it will turn quicker. Front the rear the car will look strange as the left will not be as far out as the right (offset).
Old 07-28-2012, 06:11 PM
Tech Adept

oh okay that makes sense lol I have the spec tires it came with so I'll see how those work thanks