Mini-Z Racing!

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2001, 01:52 PM
ruf
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Mini-Z Racing!

Let's talk about Mini-Z's!

I have just purchased a hobbyshop/track and we are looking to get a Mini-Z class started. Any tips or suggestions?

Here is a great site I found on the web: Midnight Driver

For anyone that is interested, I have also posted a thread on the "For Sale/Trade" forum about an early purchase of the Mini-Z F1. Check it out if you are interested in getting one of these awesome cars months before anyone else in the USA! (I am personally dying to get one of the Jordans!)

Thanks,
Old 08-20-2001, 02:04 PM
ruf
Tech Addict

Default Mini-Z Lite?

Has anyone seen this thing? Mini-Z Lite

I'm wondering if the hopups from the regular Mini-Z will fit it. Do you think that it might perform better because of it's lower weight (only 2 batts instead of 4)?
Old 08-20-2001, 02:41 PM
Tech Master

whats the point of that?
Old 08-20-2001, 02:44 PM
ruf
Tech Addict

Originally posted by AE_Racer
whats the point of that?
You mean the point of the Mini-Z Lite? Um, it's very cheap. Retail is less than $40. I really don't see a point in it other than cost control. I was just thinking that it might be ironic if the "cheap" kit outperformed the nicer one just because of the weight reduction.
Old 08-20-2001, 02:47 PM
Tech Master

Oh, so do you put the elecs out of the reg mini-z on it?
Old 08-20-2001, 02:59 PM
ruf
Tech Addict

Not sure what you mean. The Mini-Z Lite comes with full electronics just like the original Mini-Z. It is a different chassis and a different radio transmitter. It only uses 2 cells. I hope that many of the hopups for the Mini-Z will fit on the Mini-Z Lite?
Old 08-20-2001, 03:00 PM
Tech Master

so its gonna be RTR for $40?
Old 08-20-2001, 03:14 PM
ruf
Tech Addict

It appears that way. That's what makes me skeptical about how good it can be? But heck, who knows, maybe Kyosho can surprise us!

Man, it seems that we are both just bouncing back and forth between the 2 threads! They should be closer together!
Old 08-20-2001, 03:19 PM
Tech Master

LOL...well if it is that cheap, I will almost definately get one, and get one of those nice new Mercedes Warsteiner CLK DTM bodies for it so, you own an r/c shop or something like that? or do you just import rare/early items and sell them?
Old 08-20-2001, 03:38 PM
ruf
Tech Addict

That CLK DTM body is definitely the way to go. Unfortunately it requires wider wheels and tires (which gives it better handling - that's why it's the way to go!)

As for me, I am part owner of Reflex R/C. We have an indoor onroad track and outdoor offroad track and a full race shop. We've hosted ROAR Nats and other big races in the past which brought out all sort of big name factory drivers from Joel Johnson to Matt Francis. Back then the track was called Performance Raceway, but the owner moved on to other opportunities and we changed the name for legal purposes. We're looking at bringing the Reflex back to being one of the premiere tracks in the nation, that means big races and top-shelf services for our racers like grey-market importing. We're not looking to make a killing off this service, but mainly it's to make our racers happy. Happy racers are loyal racers and they bring in more new racers which is what this hobby really needs to sustain itself and grow.

ARGH! Enough sales pitch. Let's talk R/C Tech!
Old 08-20-2001, 03:39 PM
Tech Master

But doesnt the CLK DTM come with Tires and wheels because it can be used as a static model also?
Old 08-20-2001, 03:45 PM
ruf
Tech Addict

Does it? That would be perfect then! The only problem would be that your body would cost more than the Mini-Z Lite! hahahaha!
Old 08-20-2001, 03:47 PM
Tech Master

no, I beleive tower sells them for $28...thats a bunch of money though, considering a 1/10th is $20+paint $
Old 08-20-2001, 04:04 PM
ruf
Tech Addict

Not bad then!
Old 08-20-2001, 04:10 PM
Tech Master

Yea im either gonna get an HPI MR-S, Denso Supra, or Pennzoil Skyline for my 1/10th car..I have the HPI mondeo(I like the bods with the race stickers, makes me different, which is also the reason for the Atlas car)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.