Community
Wiki Posts
Search

G.L.A.R.C.R.C. 24th Annual Toys for tots

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2011, 05:07 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Spoke to Frank Killam today and he's going to be there with STC and possibly GT cars. David Bellenger may run GT also---not sure who else--but we usually get a good turnout. Weather is supposed to be GREAT for this race!! Mid 60's and SUNNY!!
T
Old 12-11-2011, 08:11 PM
Tech Addict

Just got back from two days of the Annual GLARC RC Toys for Tots Race at the Artesia Transit center in LA!! VERY FUN race--weather cooperated --although for SoCal--it was a little COOL!!! But the GLARCRC Crew did a great job of running the race--with OVER 100 entries!!! Here's some pics of some of the 1/5 scale cars--including Frank Killams concourse winning and 2nd place STC car--my F-1 car that finished 2nd today---AND it's FOR SALE!! And the winning STC Contrast car of Shaw Takahashi!! Shaw had a very clean drive from the pole position and finished a lap ahead of Frank's FG car. Bob Sarnelle and I finished on the same lap for the F-1 race--Bob 1st with a nicely prepared FG Sportline car.
I'll post some more pics---check out the rest of the race results etc. posted on the 1/5 scale racing site by FG Supply!!
Thanks GLARC RC Crew and ALL the racers---OVER 200 toys given to the LA Fire Dept for under priviledged children!!

MERRY CHRISTMAS FROM SOCAL RC RACERS!!!
Attached Thumbnails G.L.A.R.C.R.C. 24th Annual Toys for tots-img_1393.jpg   G.L.A.R.C.R.C. 24th Annual Toys for tots-img_1392.jpg   G.L.A.R.C.R.C. 24th Annual Toys for tots-img_1396.jpg   G.L.A.R.C.R.C. 24th Annual Toys for tots-img_1426.jpg   G.L.A.R.C.R.C. 24th Annual Toys for tots-img_1403.jpg  

Old 12-11-2011, 08:17 PM
Tech Addict

Some pics around the track---some of the racers enjoying the day!! And a pic of the driver's stand during one of the days finals!! A great weekend of racing.
First pic is of Jeff Devlin from Wash--enjoying our "warm" weather!!! Next shows Vic of VS Modelsports helping work on a 1/5 scale car---and "GASP"--an 1/8 scale car that HE was racing!!! Then a small group including Jay Kimbrough, Frank Killam and the eventual F-1 WINNER--Bob Sarnelle--analyzing the setup on Jay's car!!
And a shot of the GLARCRC driver's stand!! The trailer that we haul all the track equipment and boards in!!! The GLARCRC Crew did a GREAT JOB keeping the races running very smoothly!! Thanks guys!!!
Attached Thumbnails G.L.A.R.C.R.C. 24th Annual Toys for tots-img_1410.jpg   G.L.A.R.C.R.C. 24th Annual Toys for tots-img_1406.jpg   G.L.A.R.C.R.C. 24th Annual Toys for tots-img_1420.jpg   G.L.A.R.C.R.C. 24th Annual Toys for tots-img_1438.jpg   G.L.A.R.C.R.C. 24th Annual Toys for tots-img_1425.jpg  

Last edited by Tim Neja; 12-13-2011 at 03:55 PM.
Old 12-11-2011, 08:22 PM
Tech Addict

A few more pics ---enjoy. The first two are 1-the FG Comp F-1 car as compared to 2- the RS Comp F-1 car! Then a pic of Race Control Central--a father son team AND-- Including Hugh Lawson from Canada---in the bright RED shirt with Canada on the back!! He had a great race--taking 2nd in GT and 3rd in F-1!! Good job Hugh!!!
Attached Thumbnails G.L.A.R.C.R.C. 24th Annual Toys for tots-img_1397.jpg   G.L.A.R.C.R.C. 24th Annual Toys for tots-img_1422.jpg   G.L.A.R.C.R.C. 24th Annual Toys for tots-img_1442.jpg   G.L.A.R.C.R.C. 24th Annual Toys for tots-img_1413.jpg   G.L.A.R.C.R.C. 24th Annual Toys for tots-img_1430.jpg  

Old 12-13-2011, 03:49 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

As always- Great to see everyone and one of the best run races I've been to in a long time. Congrats to the 'weaners' and we'll see you soon.

Merry Christmas Dudes!
Old 12-14-2011, 10:54 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Tim Neja
Just got back from two days of the Annual GLARC RC Toys for Tots Race at the Artesia Transit center in LA!! VERY FUN race--weather cooperated --although for SoCal--it was a little COOL!!! But the GLARCRC Crew did a great job of running the race--with OVER 100 entries!!! Here's some pics of some of the 1/5 scale cars--including Frank Killams concourse winning and 2nd place STC car--my F-1 car that finished 2nd today---AND it's FOR SALE!! And the winning STC Contrast car of Shaw Takahashi!! Shaw had a very clean drive from the pole position and finished a lap ahead of Frank's FG car. Bob Sarnelle and I finished on the same lap for the F-1 race--Bob 1st with a nicely prepared FG Sportline car.
I'll post some more pics---check out the rest of the race results etc. posted on the 1/5 scale racing site by FG Supply!!
Thanks GLARC RC Crew and ALL the racers---OVER 200 toys given to the LA Fire Dept for under priviledged children!!

MERRY CHRISTMAS FROM SOCAL RC RACERS!!!
Thank you Tim,
Everyone enjoyed TFT race again in this year.
Appreciate Glenn,Tom,Kenny,D.Hirami and ALL for the great job running GLARCRC race in this year.

I guess it was a great year for you Tim, to become F1 US NATS Champ.
I remember you drove much cleaner than my driving this time you mentioned and well managed race on NATS this year.
Nationals F1 final
1st Tim Neja
2nd Bob Sarnelle
3rd Mike Grim
It is a little sad that your fantastic F1 machine is for SALE but buyer will be very lucky to obtain well maintained machine ready to win the big race.

It was also a great year for our Contrast team
FG Supply cup winners
The Stret class Tom Wong
GT class Lee Passehl
STC class Eric Poholsky

Nationals winners
The Street class Tom Wong
GT class Ray Takahashi
STC class Brian Thomas

Cancer Benefit charity race
STC class Shaw Takahashi

Toys for Tots
STC class Shaw Takahashi

I am lucky to summarize this year's our racing activities on the final racing of this year.

I've heard you will focus on STC class next year.
We are looking forward to racing with you next year.

Merry Christmas !!
Old 12-14-2011, 02:12 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mitokomon
Thank you Tim,
Everyone enjoyed TFT race again in this year.
Appreciate Glenn,Tom,Kenny,D.Hirami and ALL for the great job running GLARCRC race in this year.

I guess it was a great year for you Tim, to become F1 US NATS Champ.
I remember you drove much cleaner than my driving this time you mentioned and well managed race on NATS this year.
Nationals F1 final
1st Tim Neja
2nd Bob Sarnelle
3rd Mike Grim
It is a little sad that your fantastic F1 machine is for SALE but buyer will be very lucky to obtain well maintained machine ready to win the big race.

It was also a great year for our Contrast team
FG Supply cup winners
The Stret class Tom Wong
GT class Lee Passehl
STC class Eric Poholsky

Nationals winners
The Street class Tom Wong
GT class Ray Takahashi
STC class Brian Thomas

Cancer Benefit charity race
STC class Shaw Takahashi

Toys for Tots
STC class Shaw Takahashi

I am lucky to summarize this year's our racing activities on the final racing of this year.

I've heard you will focus on STC class next year.
We are looking forward to racing with you next year.

Merry Christmas !!
that is true! Contrast dominated this year!!! Congrats for such a great year!
Hopefully next year we can give you more competition!!!
Old 12-14-2011, 03:56 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by LuisR
that is true! Contrast dominated this year!!! Congrats for such a great year!
Hopefully next year we can give you more competition!!!
That is what we're looking forward to !!
Sinece you and couple other drivers in the US are the finalists of the worlds class event in South America !!

Hope you have good holidays and 2012 will be a great year for your RC racing !!
Old 12-20-2011, 09:19 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default results

http://www.glarcrc.com/

http://66.159.51.180/glarcrc/ttf11/resultsmain.txt