Search

Peach Bowl Toys for Tots race Dec 3rd

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2011, 06:12 AM
46u
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default Peach Bowl Toys for Tots race Dec 3rd

The Peach Bowl Raceway dirt oval near Brooks, Georgia will be having a toys for tots race Dec. 3rd all scales welcome including large scale. $5 and up unwrapped toy or $5 donation $15 to race. 3 or more of the same will make a class. If interested PM me for more information and directions.
Some large scale video.
http://youtu.be/hcM6X9P52Ns
Track pictures

Old 11-11-2011, 05:38 AM
Tech Apprentice

things are looking good for us to make this race if it does work out there will be 3 of us. still working on it

Will
Old 11-11-2011, 06:03 AM
46u
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by wgatzke
things are looking good for us to make this race if it does work out there will be 3 of us. still working on it

Will
Will I hope all works out. Yall can come down and show us how it is done. LOL I need much practice and glade I have one more race before Dec. 3rd. First race I had a lot of problem with push (over steer which you can see in the above video) made some changes and hope it is better. If not I have several others things I will change. Will find out Nov. 19th. If you need anything you have my phone number give me a call.
Old 11-11-2011, 06:46 AM
Tech Apprentice

one of the problems i think my sons are having is they are running stock front tires. with the way the tread is i dont think they are biting in the turns. i run slicks in the front they bite good on the tracks we have run. i will try and get some video on sunday so we can see the difference between the slicks and the stock tires.
Old 11-11-2011, 06:54 AM
46u
Tech Regular

I tried tarmax buster and the stock tires. As I said before at the Peach Bowl since they run all scales we have to run street tires which I am sure slicks will be OK. The track is hard pack Georgia red clay. Hope one day to try some slicks.
Thanks
Old 11-18-2011, 08:55 AM
Tech Rookie

Thumbs up

I do get on RC Tech sometimes

I hope we get to race on this date.... We need Drivers!
Old 11-18-2011, 09:05 AM
46u
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by pecanpatch
I do get on RC Tech sometimes

I hope we get to race on this date.... We need Drivers!
Hopefully Will and one of his sons will be coming maybe both so that is 3. Lord welling I will be there and I hoping you will be there Marko. So that is at least 4 more then the 3 minimal to make a class. Jimmy needs to try and get this in the local papers.
Old 11-19-2011, 08:58 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I will WHOOP ya'll in the SCLM class. I'll see if I can recruit some of my regulars to come down and race.

Is there some reason why this isn't being promoted in the GA thread?
Old 11-20-2011, 06:35 AM
46u
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Aardvark
I will WHOOP ya'll in the SCLM class. I'll see if I can recruit some of my regulars to come down and race.

Is there some reason why this isn't being promoted in the GA thread?
Not sure if I have this particular race in the GA thread but I do have about the Peach Bowel track in it. I have found many times some do not go to the GA thread and get more exposure here.

On Dec. 3rd to race it is a $5 or more unwrapped toy and $15 to race. The track runs all scales and 3 made a class. Only rules for large scale is you must have a remote kill switch and have to run slicks or street tires. This is a fairly new track and just trying to get all the support I can.

I am not not owner just tying to help. The track is very well maintained and is about 360 feet.

Directions are,
Take interstate 75 to exit 205 go west towards Griffin on highway 16. Go through Griffin staying on highway 16 and about 10 miles (not sure just how far just guessing) after Griffin there will be a shell station on the left address 7652 Newnan Rd (same road as highway 16) Brooks, GA 30205. Just after I mean just after take the first right, which is connector 85. Go about 100 or so feet and take the first driveway to the left which is a business complex. Just behind the first building on the left is the track. If any one has any questions you can PM me and I will do my best to answer them.
Old 11-20-2011, 06:49 AM
46u
Tech Regular

Aardvark you where correct I did not have it in the GA section here. I have been going to so many RC forums an promoting the track I must have for got the Georgia section here but do have a thread on it there now. I will do my best to keep it up to date. The race on Dec 3rd will be the last one till 2012 and as soon as the owner posts a schedule for 2012 I will post it in the
GA thread. Thanks for reminding me about the GA section!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-24-2011, 06:00 AM
46u
Tech Regular

Practice this Saturday if any one is interested.