Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Truck's another way of enjoying hobby

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2011, 12:54 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Truck's another way of enjoying hobby

Surprised about few post about those models here comes my contribution. This is my Tamiya MAN TGX 1:14 truck on it's first test after body change. Hope soon have video with it's trailer, Tamiya reefer. Hope you enjoy it

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

It's equiped with Tamiya multifunction MFC-01 that provides sounds and light and works as ESC also
Old 11-03-2011, 01:06 AM
Tech Fanatic

Looks cool! if it was mine though I would have painted it like Clarkson's

Old 11-03-2011, 06:11 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (92%+)

this might be better off in the oval, and more thread. things like this are located over there.
Old 11-03-2011, 12:09 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

I noticed that it appears you're testing the truck on a race track - how well does the big rig handle in the sweeper???

Just kidding of course; from some angles, it looks like the real thing. Nice job.
Old 11-03-2011, 01:14 PM
Tech Rookie

I have asked moderators for moving post, thanks for tell me the right place trxracer99.
Yes it is my usual track for racing and that day I decided to try truck on it, is a good way for relaxing from speed xDD. When we meet with trucks we use to go to other, more suitable place, for our "kids". Next time we'll go i'll post more videos
Old 11-03-2011, 01:41 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 100 (100%+)
Default R/C trucks!.... Hmmm......

...... Love to see one like this come out in the hobby, would be intresting how it would handle out on our tracks: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=exHLc...eature=related
Old 11-03-2011, 03:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kwikvdub
...... Love to see one like this come out in the hobby, would be intresting how it would handle out on our tracks: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=exHLc...eature=related
Actually, it's been done before - SJCCR ran the "Euro Truck" spec class in 2003 using a TC chassis with a Yokomo cab-over truck body... The trucks handled quite well, and the class was pretty popular.

Old 12-04-2013, 01:29 AM
Tech Rookie

Long time so thing have changed. Man is now on a shelf and the king of the road is now the Scania R470. It were my first truck and this way it looked at the begining

Now after paintwork, electronic change to servonaut and some other details this is the result.

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Old 12-18-2013, 11:25 PM
Tech Regular

very impressive work my friend.i find its all about shooting from angles that help to add realism to the truck.your driving skills bobtailing..(running without a trailer) are very smooth and controlled ..like you are very comfortable driving your truck...its nice to meet another truck enthusiast like me.i too have a few youtube videos of my trucks running both day and night ..keep up the great work..any plans for a us r/c truck?
Old 12-18-2013, 11:26 PM
Tech Regular

i really like the night shot of your truck and trailer with the pebbles on the ground
Old 12-19-2013, 11:29 PM
Tech Rookie

My other hobby is the photography and since I have those models I tried to make then realistic. I like simple trucks, just like those you can find anyday on the road. Yes, the secret is the angle and play with background looking for hide the model real scale and backgruond blur, you need a reflex for that or use the macro focus with little sensor cameras. Like on this pic I made at the begining

About handling I have to say that servonaut makes the difference. It manages the motor much more better and the cruise control allows you to just care about steering and with it a 4Amp battery last for more than ¡¡¡two hours!!!. I remember when I went to the meeting diorama and there were some ramps about 15º or more, one of then with a turn in the middle. With the MFC it was crazy to go down without crash, brake were so weak that many times you needed to use reverse for braking. But those with servonaut had no need to touch brake. Even with the tamiya silver can Servonaut managed to keep the speed. It cost about double than MFC01 ,Servonaut M20+ for vario and lights and SMX for sound, but worth each cent. And SMX has different sounds to choose, even an american V8

Now I'm not thinking about get another truck but Aeromax have been always on my mind for a future proyect
Old 04-20-2014, 09:58 PM
Tech Rookie

Some new pics of a recent meeting. Hope you enjoy

Torrelavega2014-18 por UBIK77es, en Flickr

Torrelavega2014-56 por UBIK77es, en Flickr

Torrelavega2014-73 por UBIK77es, en Flickr

Torrelavega2014-58 por UBIK77es, en Flickr