Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Oval, Larger Scales and More
Upgrading BAJA'S (Baja Fest Lancilen, Perth) >

Upgrading BAJA'S (Baja Fest Lancilen, Perth)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Upgrading BAJA'S (Baja Fest Lancilen, Perth)

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2011, 02:18 AM
Tech Initiate

Default Upgrading BAJA'S (Baja Fest Lancilen, Perth)

HI, JUST WANT TO KNOW CHEAP WAYS TO MAKE A BAJA THAT LITTLE BIT BETTER AND PARTS WORTH GETTING. AND I HAVE HEARD THAT THERE IS BAJA RACING UP IN, LANO IF YOU KNOW, TELL ME MORE!!
Old 10-10-2011, 07:42 AM
46u
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

There is nothing cheap about large scale. Durability and speed cost money how much are you welling to spend? I really like my HPI 5b SS but took a good bit of money to get it where it is at. I will be happy to post a list if you would like. What are you looking to get out of your baja.
PLEASE TAKE THE CAP LOCK OFF!
Old 10-11-2011, 12:04 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 132 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 46u
There is nothing cheap about large scale. Durability and speed cost money how much are you welling to spend? I really like my HPI 5b SS but took a good bit of money to get it where it is at. I will be happy to post a list if you would like. What are you looking to get out of your baja.
PLEASE TAKE THE CAP LOCK OFF!
True! I used to think 1/8 was a little pricey lol, now 1/8 seems cheap.
Old 10-11-2011, 03:02 AM
Tech Initiate

Speed and handling and of course, looks but I am lookinjg mainly reliabilty not like those stupid 1/8ths. I want to be able to turn up at a track and start her up in 3 pulls and drive all day, with out a problem. and yes a list would be great.
Old 10-11-2011, 05:09 AM
46u
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

What baja do you have?

Number one up grade in my opinion is mandatory on a 25 to 35 pound large scale. Remote kill switch. If you have a runaway with a large scale it is a BIG liability not counting the damage to your vehicle.

Second is a Turtle racing clutch system.
None for breaking pinion gear bolts and not only does the TR system quire it but has other benefits as well.

Third all 3 outerwears pre-filters, air filter, pull starter and case. Helps keep air filter clean. The others keep dirt, grass and small rocks out of the flywheel. Before I ran my case pre-filter I got a small stone in the flywheel that broke 3 fins off it and locked up the motor.

Froth Turtle racing front upper brace and Scorpion lower chassis brace. The baja is none for bending the chassis at the front with a hard impact of landing on the nose off a jump. With the above which I have been running for 3 years I have nose dived off a jump many times and so far have not bent my chassis.

There are other things I recommend but the four above in my opinion is necessary.
Old 10-11-2011, 07:28 PM
Tech Initiate

Thanks, Man you can just spend money and money on these things its unbeliveable, Alredy have outwears, front braces and have made my own cluch system, mabey a killer bee kill swich wouuld be an option.

I Have a copy 5b but put $100 at it and it is just like th real thing, buy a hpi cluch, spark plug, Rims, rx Battery and pullstart and you have got yourself a hpi buggy without the stickers. I brought it for $400 brand new, plus the parts i am stoked, now tim to upgarde.
Old 10-11-2011, 07:44 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 132 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gerkinracing
Thanks, Man you can just spend money and money on these things its unbeliveable, Alredy have outwears, front braces and have made my own cluch system, mabey a killer bee kill swich wouuld be an option.

I Have a copy 5b but put $100 at it and it is just like th real thing, buy a hpi cluch, spark plug, Rims, rx Battery and pullstart and you have got yourself a hpi buggy without the stickers. I brought it for $400 brand new, plus the parts i am stoked, now tim to upgarde.