Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2011, 06:53 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default Looks like it is official, Losi 1/10 Slider Discontinued

Losi has discontinued the 1/10 Slider

RC Soup story Team Losi/Horizion Hobbies Kills 1/10 Slider

Dirt Oval.com thread on Losi discontinuing the 1/10 Slider

Makes me wonder if I even WANT to buy a 22 now. Had plans to start racing oval at the local track but with Horizion out of stock and A Main no longer listing it (they show the Slider as Discontinued), my LHS can not get one which means I will not be racing in the Slider class. Contact Losi and let them know you wish them to continue to produce it (contact information in both threads).
Old 09-12-2011, 06:43 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

This should not impact the 22 or 22T. Even if and when a new model comes out, you will be able to get parts. You can still get everything for XXXs and some for the older XX.

I let them know that our track is disappointed. WE have a class of big Sliders on our outdoor dirt tri oval and a class of mini Sliders and Sprints on inside carpet oval. I hope they replace the original 1/10th with a new better car; but I am not hopeful at this time. The TLR focus seems to be offroad.
Old 09-12-2011, 07:01 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by nutz4rcyktw
This should not impact the 22 or 22T. Even if and when a new model comes out, you will be able to get parts. You can still get everything for XXXs and some for the older XX.

I let them know that our track is disappointed. WE have a class of big Sliders on our outdoor dirt tri oval and a class of mini Sliders and Sprints on inside carpet oval. I hope they replace the original 1/10th with a new better car; but I am not hopeful at this time. The TLR focus seems to be offroad.
What I meant is that because Losi is canceling the Slider, I have decided to buy another brand of buggy if I get back into off road buggy racing again so Losi lost TWO sales, not just one. I called them today too and got the same song and dance that there "MAY" be something coming down the pike but the guy I talked to did not know anything else. Hopefully someone steps up to the plate with a car to replace the Slider.
Old 09-13-2011, 12:25 PM
Tech Addict

My local hobby shop has one in stock if you are interested.
Old 09-15-2011, 03:35 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

I understand your concern. Our local track owner is filing a complaint as this is a Saturday night dirt tri oval class. We have a track car plus the racers and we all have some spare parts; so the class isn't dead immediately. It does cause someone to rethink buying one new or used.