Search
Like Tree18Likes

LOSI 5IVE-T 4WD OFFROAD RACING TRUCK

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2011, 08:40 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 267 (98%+)
Default LOSI 5IVE-T 4WD OFFROAD RACING TRUCK

Bigger. Faster. Stronger. The 1/5-scale Losi® 5IVE-T™ 4WD Off-Road Racing Truck is the closest thing to a full-size vehicle in realism, performance and experience. It features a 4WD drivetrain based on the racing-winning, award winning 8IGHT platfrom, Spektrum™ telemetry receiver, installed sensors, and 1/4-scale servos. And since it’s a Bind-N-Drive™ vehicle, you complete it with the DSM® transmitter of your choice. There’s really nothing like driving an RC truck as big as this. Come take it for a spin in all its 4WD glory.

These large-bore threaded, aluminum shocks feature over-sized 7mm shock shafts designed to stand up to the punishment of 1/5-scale action. The threaded adjusters allow for fine-tuning of the ride you are looking to achieve. The extra high volume of fluid is essential in controlling thesuspension movement over the roughest terrain.(Far right: 1/5-scale and a standard 1/10-scale shock shaft)

This is no ordinary chassis. It is based on the award winning, race-proven 8IGHT™ Platform. It has been designed to produce the best performance possible. The chassis plate is constructed of 5mm aircraft-grade aluminum and has been machined to save weight and add strength to provide extreme durability.

To ensure a long engine life and proper care, the air and fuel systems are served by a two-stage filtering systems. The air must pass through two different foam filters designed to block as much dust and debris as possible while still maintaining proper flow. The fuel system features a secondary filter that serves multiple purposes. One, to keep the fuel pickup in the gas mix no matter the orientation of the vehicle and as a filter to block larger debris and a secondary bullet style filter to catch anything else.

The engine comes preinstalled with a high-volume muffler and features an electronic ignition, easy adjust carburetor with a built-in choke and fuel primmer. An added bonus is the machined oval inserts that match the chassis cutouts precisely to locate the engine for proper gear mesh.

The finned aluminum clutch mount adds strength and durability and provides unmatched heat dissipation for increased longevity of the 8,000 RPM clutch. Since it is enclosed, it prevents dirt and debris from entering and fouling the parts. The oversized bearings handle greater loads and are more reliable.

The throttle servo performs more than just throttle duties it is also the main source for braking power. This heavy-duty large-scale servo has the power to bring the 5IVE-T to a stop thanks to the functionality of the bias adjustable dual-disk brakes. No 1/10-scale throttle servos here.

The core of the electronics system is the SR3300T receiver that is powered by Spektrum 2.4GHz DSM technology and has telemetry built in. The 5IVE-T comes prewired with sensors for engine temperature, speed and receiver battery voltage. Just add a surface DSM transmitter like the Spektrum DX3S, and all of this information will be transmitted back to the driver for real-time vitals of the 5IVE-T.

These monster wheels are true beadlock wheels with rings on both the inner and outer bead of the tire. With the amount of power the 5IVE-T produces and the sheer size of these tires, these wheels will provide a stable platform for the all-terrain tires. Many popular 1/5-scale tires will mount right on these beadlock wheels.

The 5IVE-T uses nothing but precision cut or formed, heat treated steel gears throughout the drive train. No plastic gears. These are the strongest and most durable type of gears available and expensive option items on other models.

The realistic cage provides added durability to the assembly absorbing impacts as well as a solid base for the modular body. The unique design allows the body and cage to be removed with only four screws and four body clips in seconds.

The four-piece body individual panels to be replaced in the event that it becomes damaged so an entire body does not need to be purchased to get the vehicle back to the factory look. Clear panels and stickers are sold separately to create your own look or retain the factory schemes.

Features:

Large-bore shocks with 7mm shafts & threaded adjusters
5MM chassis with CNC machining for strength and less weight
Two-stage air and fuelfilter systems
Powerful Losi® 2-stroke 26cc gasoline engine
1/4 -scale heavy-duty throttle servo for superior braking
Adjustable bias dual-disk braking system
1/4-scale high torque metal gear steering servo
Extra-large 800cc fuel tank
Spektrum SR3300T Telemetry Receiver with 2.4GHZ DSM Technology
Three tunable sealed viscous differentials
Multi-piece bead lock off-road wheels
Impact Absorbing Bumpers
Innovative sealed clutch mount with cooling fins
Cv driveshafts used throughout
6V 3000mAh Receiver Battery and Charger

Product Specifications

Type: 4WD Short Course Truck
Scale: 1/5
Length: 38 in (965.2mm)
Width: 20.75 in (527mm)
Height: 12.25 in (311.1mm)
Ground Clearance: 2 in (50.8mm)
Wheelbase: 24 in (609.6mm)
Chassis: 5mm thick 7075 T6 aluminum
Suspension: 4 wheel independent
Drivetrain: 4WD with 3 silicone fluid differentials & centrifugal clutch
Tire Type: Off-Road all-terrain Performance high wear
Motor or Engine: 26cc Gas
Radio: BND – Spektrum 3300T Telemetry Receiver
Batteries: 3000MaH 6V NiMh receiver pack
Charger: Global AC charger
Wheel Size: 4.75 in (120.6mm)
Kit/RTR: RTR
Shock Type: 24MM diameter oil filled with compensation bladders
Body: 4 piece, Short Course Truck
Ball Bearings: Throughout including steering
Fuel Tank Capacity: 800CC
Minimum Age Recommendation: 14 years
Experience Level: Advanced
Recommended Environment: Outdoor
Is Assembly Required: No

LOSB0019WHTBD – $1,599.99
LOSB0019BLKBD – $1,599.99

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=yQc4ghhbMWc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=yQc4ghhbMWc

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

+ YouTube Video

Last edited by -WHEELMAN-; 09-16-2011 at 12:32 PM.
Old 09-08-2011, 08:49 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 24 (96%+)

I see your from Redlands, You go to Milestone in riverside? This thing will haul A$$ at that track lol.
I'm going to buy one of these asap. cant wait.
Old 09-08-2011, 08:51 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Feint Motion
I see your from Redlands, You go to Milestone in riverside? This thing will haul A$$ at that track lol.
This is going to be by far the best 1/5 out there by a long shot!!!!! I have been there a few times there good people!!! Track is a blast and always in great form for 1/5 racing!!!
Old 09-08-2011, 08:56 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 24 (96%+)

Originally Posted by -WHEELMAN-
This is going to be by far the best 1/5 out there by a long shot!!!!! I have been there a few times there good people!!! Track is a blast and always in great form for 1/5 racing!!!
I think Losi was there a few weeks back, doing testing on these trucks. I wasn't there, but the track was closed last week. I think this is why.

It being a Losi eight platform will make this thing very easy to work on.
Old 09-08-2011, 09:05 AM
Tech Elite

I think Losi was there a few weeks back, doing testing on these trucks. I wasn't there, but the track was closed last week. I think this is why.

It being a Losi eight platform will make this thing very easy to work on.
They are so good at keeping things a secret it's amazing!! This is a great platform as you said easy to work on!!! This thing is simply going to be a new beginning to 1/5 racing!!
Old 09-08-2011, 09:23 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Yeah, the truck is very good at Milestone, hehe...
Old 09-08-2011, 09:24 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Both times I showed up at Milestone over the last couple weeks to do some of my own testing on my lcg slash4x4, the Losi guys were testing these 5th scalers. They were killing it on the big track. these trucks look to be very durable, and handle way better than a 2wd baja. i can tell you that this is what is going to end up in my stable. The Losi guys said that they should start becoming available in the next month or so. 1599.00 is a big chunk of cheese to come up with in this economy, but if it holds up better(and it looks like it surely will) than the 2wd bajas, then I'm all for it.
Old 09-08-2011, 09:40 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I nearly crapped myself when I heard about this on a different forum.

I am more than excited for it's release. I will definitely be making my break in to 1/5 scale with this thing.
Old 09-08-2011, 09:54 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by hacker07
Yeah, the truck is very good at Milestone, hehe...
LUCKY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Originally Posted by nytryder
Both times I showed up at Milestone over the last couple weeks to do some of my own testing on my lcg slash4x4, the Losi guys were testing these 5th scalers. They were killing it on the big track. these trucks look to be very durable, and handle way better than a 2wd baja. i can tell you that this is what is going to end up in my stable. The Losi guys said that they should start becoming available in the next month or so. 1599.00 is a big chunk of cheese to come up with in this economy, but if it holds up better(and it looks like it surely will) than the 2wd bajas, then I'm all for it.
I think it is a very fair price for what your getting. This is not just a bad A&# roller it is RTR with some of the best stuff Losi has to offer!!
Old 09-08-2011, 11:00 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Agreed..... Hopefully, unlike the bajas, the truck won't need alot of expensive aftermarket upgrades to be durable. That's what alot of guys that bought the bajas didn't realize and ended up selling them cheap,because the upkeep was just too much $$. I don't want to have to sell my Rhino to finance a 5th scale truck hobby.lol.
Old 09-08-2011, 11:20 AM
Tech Elite

Agreed..... Hopefully, unlike the bajas, the truck won't need alot of expensive aftermarket upgrades to be durable. That's what alot of guys that bought the bajas didn't realize and ended up selling them cheap,because the upkeep was just too much $$. I don't want to have to sell my Rhino to finance a 5th scale truck hobby.lol.
Well, all I can tell you here is that we had a lot of people that are very involved in the industry run the trucks for a long length of time. We tested many trucks as well on many different tracks and downhill courses and sides of roads where we could find big things to hurt them off of, lol. They held up very well. The comment we always got fromt eh baja guys was...wow, if we were running our bajas right now, we would be 3-4 parts in. We kept making it stronger and stronger and they were like why...and we said, because it needs to meet our expectations. So, a lot of work was done to have this vehicle conform to our standards instead of what the 5th scale market expects and is used to with other manufacturers today.
Old 09-08-2011, 11:21 AM
Tech Master

Can anyone with more 5th scale experience tell if thats a CY motor or possible a Zenoah based mill?
Old 09-08-2011, 11:45 AM
Tech Elite

In order to keep costs down to its current pricing, the company has to use less than bulletproof hardware. Odds are Losi will do the same. Plus, a 4WD truck is twice the upkeep.
Old 09-08-2011, 11:49 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Ridley
Can anyone with more 5th scale experience tell if thats a CY motor or possible a Zenoah based mill?
Says CY right on the motor SN...
Old 09-08-2011, 11:52 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Foxxrocket
In order to keep costs down to its current pricing, the company has to use less than bulletproof hardware. Odds are Losi will do the same. Plus, a 4WD truck is twice the upkeep.
I don't think anything could be twice the upkeep that my Baja was. Granted, it was an earlier model and they have come a long ways since then, but I rarely could get a tank of gas through it before some type of breakage.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.