Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Oval, Larger Scales and More
Hobbyking 1/5 Baja 5b clone >

Hobbyking 1/5 Baja 5b clone

Hobbyking 1/5 Baja 5b clone

Old 04-11-2011, 06:55 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default Hobbyking 1/5 Baja 5b clone

I just saw this today and thought it was interesting. I wonder how many of the parts are interchangeable?
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=16635
Old 04-11-2011, 09:50 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

it sucks that so many people are ripping off HPI
Old 04-12-2011, 04:31 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cndnitro
it sucks that so many people are ripping off HPI
It sucks that HPI charges so much for a Baja.
Old 04-12-2011, 05:19 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Krazykeith

They don't!!! Manufacturing laws/regulations are much different in China. Keeps their costs down.
Old 04-12-2011, 08:04 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Originally Posted by vstrok
They don't!!! Manufacturing laws/regulations are much different in China. Keeps their costs down.
Where is the HPI manufactured?
Old 04-12-2011, 10:56 AM
Tech Initiate

yea hpi is probably made in china too, at least the parts some of it may be assembled in the US but even that i doubt. just sayin...
Old 04-12-2011, 02:35 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default whats the answer

is it good? any one own one??
Old 04-12-2011, 02:50 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

I think you get what you pay for....I owne 2 and would never consider buying a knock off
the price isnt the issue it's the fact that they are using there designes and making crappy versions of them
Old 04-12-2011, 08:09 PM
Tech Elite

Think how much a 1/10th scale monster truck or 1/8th scale truggy is. Now realize that the Baja is much larger and it has a 23 or 26cc gasoline engine. You will see that for just a few hundred bucks more than a Losi 8eight-T RTR you can have a 1/5th scale.

If you can't afford 1/5th scale then don't buy one. If you buy this garbage clone you will be putting $500 into it to make it as reliable as an HPI. And I will be laughing all the way while you waste your money!
Old 04-12-2011, 08:51 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper
If you buy this garbage clone you will be putting $500 into it to make it as reliable as an HPI. And I will be laughing all the way while you waste your money!
You have a really bad attitude you know that?

First you called every member in this forum a "douch nozzle".

Now you are saying you will be laughing when other people have RC problems.

You need to check your negative attitude
Old 04-13-2011, 10:50 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Think how much a 1/10th scale monster truck or 1/8th scale truggy is. Now realize that the Baja is much larger and it has a 23 or 26cc gasoline engine. You will see that for just a few hundred bucks more than a Losi 8eight-T RTR you can have a 1/5th scale.

If you can't afford 1/5th scale then don't buy one. If you buy this garbage clone you will be putting $500 into it to make it as reliable as an HPI. And I will be laughing all the way while you waste your money!
totally agree
Old 04-13-2011, 07:26 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Robs Pics
You have a really bad attitude you know that?

First you called every member in this forum a "douch nozzle".

Now you are saying you will be laughing when other people have RC problems.

You need to check your negative attitude
First of all, it wasn't aimed at every member. It was aimed at people who aren't valuable. You obviously voted yourself to be in that group. Congrats! I like my attitude. It's filled with sarcasm and it's great to get people like you fired up.

And if you could read you would know that I wasn't making fun of anybody with RC problems. He wasn't asking us to fix a problem. I just gave my opinions. He never said he purchased this. I would be glad to help the person if he bought a clone even if I don't agree with them. I wouldn't truly be laughing at them. SARCASM!!!

Originally Posted by cndnitro
totally agree
You don't seem to be a fan of the Baja clone either so I have no idea how you think that is any different than what I did.
Old 04-13-2011, 08:24 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

First of all, it wasn't aimed at every member. It was aimed at people who aren't valuable. You obviously voted yourself to be in that group. Congrats! I like my attitude. It's filled with sarcasm and it's great to get people like you fired up.

And if you could read you would know that I wasn't making fun of anybody with RC problems. He wasn't asking us to fix a problem. I just gave my opinions. He never said he purchased this. I would be glad to help the person if he bought a clone even if I don't agree with them. I wouldn't truly be laughing at them. SARCASM!!!

You clearly got owned in this thread after you thew a temper tantrum simply because no one responded to you post in 1 week.

And you think I was the one who got fired up over your childish antics? Heh...look at your own posts...you are the one who cannot control your own language and resort to temper tantrums. You act like people owe you an explanation or owe you free help. Grow up, no one owes you anything. Be happy if someone chooses to give you FREE help. If people don't want to give you FREE help, then live with it...throwing temper tantrums just make you look bad.
Old 04-14-2011, 09:18 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default back on topic!!

anyways...before I purchased my hpi baja I went to the RCX show just gather more info, and did I!!. I did a hands on comparison between the two and by the "looks" of it, the knock off was impressive, also being 4x4 1/5th scale. BUT!!!! speaking to the clone rep, he himself owns both. When I asked him about the two, the first thing that he said without hesitation, " you get what you pay for". There version was on sale for $650, half the cost of the hpi. Some or most parts interchangeable but not a %100. He pointed out, the material (metals, and plastics) that was not as strong as the hpi's. Overall, you would be spending x2 as much or what not more on parts to repair on the clone. Dont get me wrong, the clone runs, it works, it jumps, it bash's to a certain extent. But if you put the two side by side, the clone will not last as long as the hpi. To date, I have really bashed my hpi on and off the track, hitting doubles, jumping anywhere from 2 feet to 10 feet or more pinned on the throttle, then landing nose first, tumbling, cart wheeling. Knowing the aftermath of the crash that something had to break. But after all, the hpi baja kept on running as if notthing happened. Again, dont get me worng, regardless between the two parts will break and will need to be replaced, but just in time and how long will it last without replacing is the question. I guess the longer it runs and the more you can spend on making the baja better than it is now vs. on replacing parts (non- hop ups) due to costs at the time is key! I guess its really one of those things you just have own and put it through your own abuse and expierence for yourself. Good luck !!!

One other thing. You gotta ask yourself, How ready accesible are parts at your local hobby store, when parts do break?
Old 04-14-2011, 05:06 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Robs Pics
You clearly got owned in this thread after you thew a temper tantrum simply because no one responded to you post in 1 week.

And you think I was the one who got fired up over your childish antics? Heh...look at your own posts...you are the one who cannot control your own language and resort to temper tantrums. You act like people owe you an explanation or owe you free help. Grow up, no one owes you anything. Be happy if someone chooses to give you FREE help. If people don't want to give you FREE help, then live with it...throwing temper tantrums just make you look bad.
Haha! You're so funny that you're worked up over nothing. I didn't mean to get your thong in a bunch.

Yes, I can be a douchebag and I say stupid crap at times. We all do. It happens and I won't apologize for it. If you don't like my attitude that's fine, but you should probably stop wasting your time trying to scold me.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.