Wiki Posts
Search

Short Course trucks and oval racing

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2011, 02:09 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default Short Course trucks and oval racing

A group of us guys have bought the 1/10 short course trucks and 1/8 late model bodies and use them for oval racing. There are quite a few of us here in Southeast Missouri that do this, and we have a blast.

The great thing about doing this is, with some adjustments and tweaking, we can have an off road race truck, and an oval late model in one vehicle. Just wondering if there is anybody else that does the same thing?
Old 01-18-2011, 03:55 PM
Tech Rookie

yes we do this at our southern indiana track it has really takin off and we have a blast doing it. the look of the late models the intense competiton and a great turn out for a class that was started by just a few interested
Old 01-18-2011, 04:24 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

We are starting to do it here in Shreveport also.. Im working on something a little different to use up some old stock SC10 bodies. A few of us are trying to start an open SC class.. Only rules being a 4X12" max side air dam, 1.5" max rear spoiler and you must use the SC style body.. Open tires/wheels and open motor...

Im still working on the spoiler and side air dam but this is an idea of what we are shooting for...

Old 01-18-2011, 07:32 PM
Tech Adept

I'm glad to know some other guys are doing this as well. We don't have any rules on our cars, just a few racing rules. A couple of the cars have quite a few of aftermarket parts, but they still have to be able to drive them. We have several different tracks to race on and they're all a little different. It's just a really good time.
Old 01-19-2011, 04:37 AM
Tech Adept

Default We've dabbled in it...

We have tried it out a few times here in the Fort Smith, AR area and have liked the results.

The Kyosho Ultima SC works VERY well with a Late Model body on it.

It hasn't been a steady turnout for those as 1/8 LM and Sprint cars have been the dominant classes last year, but others are trying different things out...
Old 01-19-2011, 03:16 PM
Tech Rookie

rules for us are pretty simple
1. box stock slash
2. virtually any 1/8 late model body
3. we have choice between 4 different tires
this makes a very competitve class
Old 01-19-2011, 03:57 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JamminSP
We are starting to do it here in Shreveport also.. Im working on something a little different to use up some old stock SC10 bodies. A few of us are trying to start an open SC class.. Only rules being a 4X12" max side air dam, 1.5" max rear spoiler and you must use the SC style body.. Open tires/wheels and open motor...

Im still working on the spoiler and side air dam but this is an idea of what we are shooting for...

What kind of chassis is that body on? Looks cool! i may have to build one of those.
Old 01-19-2011, 04:50 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

My SCLM. Oval chassis made from G10. Very light, and super low COG.

Old 01-19-2011, 06:31 PM
Tech Adept

I had a chance to buy one of those chassis but passed on it. I was afraid there would be too much left side weight. I bought a Thunder Tech Outlaw low center of gravity chassis instead. How is it working out for you? I've always wondered if I made the right choice?
Old 01-19-2011, 07:13 PM
Tech Master

Not sure yet, I just got the chassis in yesterday, might be racing it saturday so ill definetly let you know. If its to much weight to the left ill just chop it up to my liking.
Old 01-20-2011, 07:04 AM
Tech Addict

For all you oval-heads, please let me know if you have an oval track. My Web site, Oval Nation, is all about the left-turn crowd. Dirt, carpet, asphalt, concrete, indoor, outdoor...as long as it's oval racing, we'll get it added.

If you'd like to see your track added, just e-mail the info requested on the front page of the site.

http://oval-nation.webs.com

One of the outdoor parking-lot tracks down in Florida has been running the Slash Late Models for quite some time; you can see some pics under the "Quaker Steak 'n Lube" gallery at Oval Nation.

Oh, and EricG...there's no such thing as "too much left-side weight" with an oval car...
Old 01-20-2011, 07:19 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

RCISpeedway has this class we run open and stock with great results! We need to have a big race somewhere to get all these trucks together! Maybe a big money race to get some of you guys to travel down here to Florida! Are track is super smooth with 20' wide lanes and 290' run line with around 8 degree of banking.

What do you say if we had a 500 dollar to the winner? We are close to all the dirt oval speedweek action. Anyone coming to Florida for speedweeks?
Old 01-20-2011, 09:33 AM
Tech Master

RCIS is a really nice oval. I enjoyed practicing on it. Cant wait to race it.
Old 01-20-2011, 02:24 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

We're doing this down in Boca Raton...

Short course truck, 13.5 motor, open tires although most run Calibers or Goosebumps.

TONS OF FUN!!!!
Old 01-20-2011, 07:59 PM
Tech Adept

I have only been down to Florida one time and it is quite the drive from Missouri. However, a big money race is intriguing, and the race track looks absolutely awesome. I'm use to racing on much smaller tracks where we have plenty of rubbing and crashing. We just got into this last year, we don't use a timing system, just count our laps out loud. I use a Velineon 3500 10T motor with a 2S LiPo. Would it keep up on your track if I geared it up or do I need something faster? I will have to talk around to a few other guys and see if we can make a road trip down that way sometime.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.