Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2012, 09:57 PM
Tech Initiate

For who ever is interested I have it listed on ebay
Old 09-08-2012, 01:29 PM
Tech Adept

Default Super ep bl with upgrades

Here i am again!
After almost one year of searcing i have made many upgrades to the super and i am pretty sure that this car deserves any lost time searcing and every euro i have spend !
The motor i use is the 550 novak hv 4,5 with a mamba max pro and 4s lipo batteries ,plenlty of power for that car !
I still use the stock alloy diffs gears but i ll soon replace them with the steel heavy duty ,im not sure if a ball diff will last longer than the heany duty gear diff!
I am also searching for the rear alu side belt tensioner 72138 or the graphite A253 and the alu motor plate A789 so if anyone have one of these that want to sell please let me know!
Here are some photos!

For furthter details of the car http://brushlessmaniac.blogspot.gr/2...ons-parts.html
Old 09-10-2012, 06:51 PM
Tech Initiate

I have said this before and I'll say it again, this car was ahead of its time! That being said HPI and all the other manufactures are really missing the ball by not have this chassis type today. With the advent of brushless motors, and lipo batterys in todays market there is no reason why this class of chassis or racing would be as big as the original touring class of the early 90's

Come one HPI, Kyosho, Tamiya, Losi, and every one else bring on your wares, dust off your marketing and design departments and lets go club racing
Old 10-24-2012, 01:25 AM
Tech Adept

Default Bmw lmr v12

New painting job...

Regards from greece...
Old 11-24-2012, 07:19 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

koval, very nice work, keep it up! I'm trying to do a rebuild myself so I can have it running in the spring
Old 11-24-2012, 10:02 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by C0NTENDER
koval, very nice work, keep it up! I'm trying to do a rebuild myself so I can have it running in the spring
Nice to hear that there are people out there that working on superten category cars like you !Waiting for your new rebuild then!
Old 11-25-2012, 11:50 AM
Tech Regular

Well I have not been on the forum in a few months, so I was just checking in. Too bad I didn't see your post earlier as a graphite A253 sold last week on ebay brand new in package.

by the way, are you running wolfpack wheel adaptors?
Old 12-13-2012, 08:44 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by C0NTENDER
Well I have not been on the forum in a few months, so I was just checking in. Too bad I didn't see your post earlier as a graphite A253 sold last week on ebay brand new in package.

by the way, are you running wolfpack wheel adaptors?
Yes im running 4 front 1/8 on road tires with serpent adaptors (w/p radicals)!
I alway looking for this graphite also for the option purple motor mount dont remember the # but thanks anyway
Old 03-24-2013, 01:01 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

I thought this thread could use a boost - anyone still here?

I've got two Super EPs on hand and I'm currently doing some work on them. I'm preparing one with my 'best' parts as a shelf queen, and the second one will be set up with a brushless system and do driving duty. I've been posting on the RCZone forum, maybe some folks here would like to follow along. Apologies in advance for the photos - cell camera of mostly black cars against a black desk.

How it started - found a stock Super in nice shape on Craigslist

The two Supers together, pre-op

Start of the tear-down

The 'shelfer' gets built back up

Front universals, aluminum uprights, standard parts otherwise

Parts and wheels waiting patiently

Carbon deck that will go to the shelfer, the rest of the parts will be split pretty evenly

I came across the Pro 2 handling kit (HPI 73008), and what do you know, it fits. Everything else here is stock, just cleaned up

Front spacer from the handling kit. Essentially it's a pair of carbon spacer plates that shift the rear end up and upper deck up by 2mm to elevate the roll center

Slowly coming together

Rear end suspension arms in place, with aluminum uprights. I've hit a hiccup now, because the threads in the the right-side upright camber link hole are either completely mangled or a totally different pitch than any of the fasteners I have on hand

Some more carbon

Shock tower and carbon upper deck in place. This isn't the HPI carbon piece, so I kind of wonder where it came from or who made it

For reference, that's the official HPI piece.

That's as far as the shelfer has gotten so far. The runner is still in pieces so I'll post photos of that as it goes together...
Old 03-25-2013, 10:58 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Some updates.

Picked up some additional parts for the shelfer - rear universals to match the fronts, a front one-way, sway bars that ended up being too wide, and an aluminum center standoff.

Universals and center standoff in place

Front one-way. I need to glue the pulley together to bolt everything back up, but I'll have to source some superglue first.

That's all for now...
Old 05-01-2013, 09:42 PM
Tech Regular

Looking good, keep it up. I hope to get my rebuild going soon.
Old 07-08-2013, 06:44 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by magnus213
Parts and wheels waiting patiently

Hi Magnus,
Can I ask where you found the wheels on the table in this picture?

Thanks.

Also if anyone is interested I think these may be a set of the original road hawgs. Not mine btw..
Old 07-08-2013, 08:35 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

These cars are stunning btw! 2 have been posted up on ebay yesterday... possibly by someone here. I wish I could afford one!
Old 07-08-2013, 02:27 PM
Tech Adept

These are the kyosho s superten rims (rear are wider) i am not sure about the tires but as i can see are not the kyosho k zero slick tires .
Btw k zero are great tires good grip and belted so as the cross tires.
Old 07-08-2013, 05:23 PM
Tech Regular

I just saw the one on ebay, looks nice. So far with 6 days left, it's not at a bad price.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.