R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Oval, Larger Scales and More

Like Tree1Likes

Old 08-11-2004, 08:17 PM   #136
Tech Master

Default Re: Cooling Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Silver Cup
OH!! BTW, Allen we got a Cooling Fan for ya!! We'll have it for ya Saturday. I'll find out the price for ya and let ya know. Jeff & Mikey picked them up for me since I didn't get to make the TCS.
Okay sounds good I won't pay more than a dollar for it though. I already owe you a bunch of money as it is. How did that happen?
Number 11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2004, 08:35 PM   #137
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Talking Collection Agency

Should I send Gweedo to collect. I don't know how it happened that you owe me anything, but I am not a bit worried about it there 'ol buddy!!
Old 08-15-2004, 12:45 PM   #138
Tech Master

Default 19 turn or not

How about a big fat NOT! I ran the 19 in both quals but it was apparant that it just wasn't enough. Compared to Chris and Ben's brushless you guys where eating me up. I ran my 17 turn in the main and that was much better still slower in the straights but an animal in the infield. I need to work on gearing I think I was 1 tooth to high but I could feel a boost in power compared to the 19 turn motor.

I just looked at the Novak website and they are comparing the brushless motor you guys are running to a 10 turn brushed motor. Now how is a 19 turn supposed to compete with that, HUH?
Old 08-16-2004, 09:04 AM   #139
Tech Elite

A new dimension.

I originally new it to be a 10 turn equivilent myself and was told by Chris & Trav that it was actually a 19Turn instead. I think I may go Brushed Motor pretty soon as well. I may just put the brushless in my Stadium Truck and put my Cyclone TC in my Super Stock. I think the severly humid weather was a big factor in the thermalling Saturday. I am just tired of thermalling issues alltogether and am pretty sure I will be selling my brushless eventually. All of us have been through the gearing and are close and I feel that Novak needs to make some changes to make them work. I know they were having trouble with them at the ROAR Nationals as well and those were on 10th scales!! Novak really needs to fix this problem if they want any success in their burshless market. They may need to add a cooling fan to the motor like the E-MAXX motors have built in and a fan on the Speed Control to make it right. I am discusted with it for sure!
Old 08-16-2004, 03:34 PM   #140
Tech Master

What's a Cyclone TC? Is that a motor or speed control? What type of motor are you thinking of running? Chris told me it was equivalant to a 19 turn as well but that is one fast 19 turn I was able to hang with him for about 6 laps and had chances to pass but it was in the technical part of the infield and I didn't want to hit him. But on the straight he was out of there and I would make up ground, eventually he and you where gone.
Old 08-16-2004, 03:39 PM   #141
Tech Elite

Motor of Choice

The Cyclone TC is a Novak speed control that is in my Stadium Truck. I am not sure what motor I will run with it yet......I'll look through what I have. At least there is two weeks to get it figured out. I will try the Brushless in my truck if I don't get a new speedo before then.
Old 08-16-2004, 06:19 PM   #142
Tech Master

Default 10 turn maybe

I think the motor of choice should be a 10 turn or 13 turn something like that.
Old 08-16-2004, 06:30 PM   #143
Tech Apprentice

Default Re: PTI

Quote:
Shane, Brad said you have those new PTI bodies.......Me want to see very bad......Have Brad take some pics so I can peek....Pleeeeeeaaaaaaasssse. Sounds like it may be another body option for the Super "E".
Have you guys seen the Porsche 962 body we just released? Its a beautiful new 280/300 available. If you guys are holding super nitro/electric races up there shoot us an email at info@ptiracing.net and maybe we can set something up to promote.

-Matt
PTI Racing
Mobil1_2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2004, 06:38 PM   #144
Tech Elite

Talking Re: PTI

Quote:
Originally posted by Mobil1_2001
Have you guys seen the Porsche 962 body we just released? Its a beautiful new 280/300 available. If you guys are holding super nitro/electric races up there shoot us an email at info@ptiracing.net and maybe we can set something up to promote.

-Matt
PTI Racing
We would love to do something with you......I definitely want to see them. I'll email ya with some contact info. Thanks!!
Old 08-16-2004, 09:12 PM   #145
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Re: A new dimension.

Quote:
Novak really needs to fix this problem if they want any success in their burshless market. They may need to add a cooling fan to the motor like the E-MAXX motors have built in and a fan on the Speed Control to make it right. I am discusted with it for sure!
i could not agree with you more on this.you know my take on it i was thinking maybe we should run anywhere from a 15 to 10 turn motor in these things.if you guys all are going to be running brushed motors let me know what works and ill try to do the same.
BatMan99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2004, 09:17 PM   #146
Tech Master

Default Re: Re: A new dimension.

Quote:
Originally posted by BatMan99
i could not agree with you more on this.you know my take on it i was thinking maybe we should run anywhere from a 15 to 10 turn motor in these things.if you guys all are going to be running brushed motors let me know what works and ill try to do the same.
I am game on the 10 to 15 turn motor. Let's pick a motor and everybody can run the same thing. It is kind of what we do in the truck class on Wed night we all run the Speed Gem 17 turn. I don't think a 19 turn has enough ponies to push this car. 17 turn is better but the car needs something faster.
Old 08-16-2004, 09:21 PM   #147
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Re: Re: Re: A new dimension.

Quote:
Originally posted by Number 11
I am game on the 10 to 15 turn motor. Let's pick a motor and everybody can run the same thing. It is kind of what we do in the truck class on Wed night we all run the Speed Gem 17 turn. I don't think a 19 turn has enough ponies to push this car. 17 turn is better but the car needs something faster.
i agree with you on that .19 turn is fast in 1/10 scale but not in these cars.i was thinking about running that new peak racing motor that uses the round brushes.i was told they are really fast and the brushes wear way better.
BatMan99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2004, 10:09 PM   #148
Tech Master

I don't know much about that motor. I heard it is a good motor but not many people around here is running it, so it would be hard to get help on the motor when it comes to tuning or rebuilding it. I am not sure I want to reinvent the wheel just yet. I went to the website but there isn't much info on it and I wanted to see what the inside of the motor looked like.
Old 08-16-2004, 10:19 PM   #149
Tech Master

How about something like these motors.

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXFZG6&P=0

or

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXCNE5&P=0

Now I have this one, can I use this motor? Ha Ha

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXDCX7&P=0

Anyhow with these motors I am familiar with tuning them and what brushes work best for them.
Old 08-16-2004, 11:03 PM   #150
Tech Elite

Post REEDY Ti 12 Turn

Peter has built me some 12 Turn Single armetures that I can use in my REEDY Ti Motor can that I have. That is what I would like to use, I have used them in my Stadium Trucks for a long time. I know that Peter & Sean will help with those motors when they are at the track so we should have some Br00d support as those guys plan to make some more races this year. Well Peter may be out for a little while. I hope things are going good for him with his injury.