short course 2 1/8 late model conversions

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

short course 2 1/8 late model conversions

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2011, 10:02 PM
Tech Adept

I would also like to know how soon these will be available.
Thanks
Old 04-07-2011, 06:22 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

I see C&Ms website shows the Atomic SC only as the prototype now. No more mention of availability.
Old 04-07-2011, 06:34 PM
Tech Adept

I pulled some of the SC bodies today. They didn't do well. The mold has a few things that will need some work. I'm going to give it another try tomorrow! I'll let you guys know how it goes.
Old 04-12-2011, 11:51 AM
Tech Regular

we would like to by some of them soon as you get them ready .....
Old 04-12-2011, 02:58 PM
Tech Adept

Thanks for the update and are they .060 or .040? Have a good one
Old 04-13-2011, 05:28 AM
Tech Fanatic

just curious, how many people in here would be interested in a left side offset chassis for sc10 sclm?
Old 04-13-2011, 10:16 AM
Tech Addict

lets see one!
Old 04-13-2011, 10:32 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Mr casual
lets see one!
still in the works just testing the waters.
Old 04-13-2011, 10:51 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

I am experimenting w/ a SC10 conversion to LM . I installed a Jammin upright battery tray in the far left side of the chassis[minor trimming of the rear stiffing webbing required]. Installing all B4 arms,links & CVD on left side as well & using a Traxxas wide 12mm hex wheel adapter on rear & have ordered the proline front hex adapter for use on the right front. Using hex hubs & the standard offset 12mm wheels on the left looks to move it out about 5/8" to 3/4" & standard SC10 wheels w/ the shorter arms on the left moves it in aprox 3/4". Instant offset . I am still waiting on a couple pieces to complete this so that I can test it out. It is looking pretty cool. Mount the body on the chassis offset to the left & it looks normal.
Old 04-13-2011, 04:19 PM
Tech Addict

How wide will that end up being?
Old 04-13-2011, 06:37 PM
Tech Adept

The DLMRA has made some rules for this class. The DLMRA is a rules body that is being used Nation wide! We want to keep this class true to what makes it what it is. A SC truck with a Late Model body. That is what makes these so cool. They go off in the corner pitch over on the right front and then get back on the right rear and carry the left front. They are cheap and a blast to run and watch. If we start down the road to try to make a true oval car out of these I think we will kill what it is. We already have true oval classes. Those cars are $450 to thousands! Guys are going to do what ever they want, but I hate to see one of the best things to come along get killed. JMO and will be the rules I will promote to all tracks I have a relationship with.

Rules: http://www.ottsspeedshop.com/Late-Mo...rules2011.html
Old 04-13-2011, 06:42 PM
Tech Adept

Default SC Body up date

I pulled a few more today. I'm still having trouble with the mold. The way it looks the mold material I used was bad. I going to have to pour a new one. The bad thing is, I can't get the material for a week or more. That being said it's looking like it's going to be a couple weeks.
Old 04-13-2011, 07:12 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wcrase101
By now many people know you can take a short course truck and convert it easily to a 1/8 scale late model, wondering how many people are racing these modded late models, this thread is here too figure out whats the most popular truck for this conversion, and what are common problems and fixxes, as well as maybe share setup info.

Alright lets kick up some dirt.

we are running a class here in town, but were doing ONROAD oval. i converted my 4x4 slash to a late model, put proline tires and wheels, and lowered the crap out of it...... im getting the body painted and will post pics when i get it back.

here is a pic with a stock body on it

Old 04-14-2011, 04:51 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Mr casual
How wide will that end up being?
It will be about the same as stock ,which fits under the standard 1/8 lm bodys
Old 04-14-2011, 04:56 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by speed4less
The DLMRA has made some rules for this class. The DLMRA is a rules body that is being used Nation wide! We want to keep this class true to what makes it what it is. A SC truck with a Late Model body. That is what makes these so cool. They go off in the corner pitch over on the right front and then get back on the right rear and carry the left front. They are cheap and a blast to run and watch. If we start down the road to try to make a true oval car out of these I think we will kill what it is. We already have true oval classes. Those cars are $450 to thousands! Guys are going to do what ever they want, but I hate to see one of the best things to come along get killed. JMO and will be the rules I will promote to all tracks I have a relationship with.

Rules: http://www.ottsspeedshop.com/Late-Mo...rules2011.html
I agree w/ your rules & my experiment is just that ,an experiment as to if this class was to explode that we could have a slightly modified platform in which people could easily & inexpensively modifiey there sc trucks. There are more sc trucks out there than any thing else & people are looking for options as to run them other than offroad.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.