Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Help with vintage pan car.

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2010, 03:00 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Help with vintage pan car.

Greetings from the west coast. I was wondering if anyone could lend me a hand figuring out how to get my old pan car up and running. I am going to need a new rear axle and hubs. I believe the car is an 1/10 Agitator. Nobody out here in San Diego area sells anything for pan cars. Any help would be apprecited. The pic quality isn't very good sorry.

Thanks in advance.

Chris.
Attached Thumbnails Help with  vintage pan car.-0304001856%5B1%5D.jpg  
Old 03-21-2010, 03:48 PM
Tech Regular

Default .....try these.....

.......Bolink.com (P/N -BL5730)"Rear Axle" and Teamirsrc.com (P/N-IRS123)"Bolink-Style Right side hub". Take note, I've never had an Aggitator but the suggested parts look suitable to your application-Good luck-Greg
Old 03-21-2010, 04:09 PM
Tech Regular

Default .....disclaimer.......

......jus' to let ya' know , i'm not sure of what type of rear wheels are being used according to the picture-the parts i've suggested accomodate a 1/10 pan car 'rear' 4-bolt foam wheel- the complimenting Rt. side I.R.S hub is short where i've need a nylon axle spacer (so the diff nut can cinch down onto the thrust bearing i'm using on my cars-Associated Rc 10L, both wide 235mm pan car and Associated Rc 10LT.)-once again, Good luck-Greg
Old 03-21-2010, 05:04 PM
Tech Rookie

Thanks. Are these parts that you use on your 10L's. I do believe the right hub is short due to it being a center pod. I think the set up on it now is the hub has an inner and outer bearing then the thrust bearing ( the blue one with the bearings in it.) then it has a nylon spacer and the axle nut. Its been years since I have seen this car, I just recovered it from my brothers house and haven't had a chance to pull the whole rear assembly apart due to the fact he glued the left hub to the axle.. Oh yeah and I will be putting the big old wide foam tires back on.

Thanks again for the help.
Old 03-21-2010, 05:33 PM
Tech Regular

Default .....lets keep those ol' pan cars rollin'......

.....I've picked up spares(axles & hubs) cos', "for the life of me," I wasn't able to figure the proper combination for the narrowed 10L3T rear pod;axle-wise , I kept ordering SS axles(which required the longer rt. side hub), thus pushing the full size foams past the 200mm limit (in regards to applicable bodies) - that was four years ago (pre-WGT).The spacer (nylon) that I was referencing was a simple 1/4 round, with a 1/4 id. hole i got at the hardware store-it's needed to properly adjust the dif action. With out it the 1/8 spur gear bearings would fall out (way too much slop). While I was on that web site , I'd picked-up spare thrust bearings(P/N BL5735)- the diff action was alot smoother than with a diff cone.-Greg.
Old 03-21-2010, 06:22 PM
Tech Rookie

Great. I think I'll take some pics tommorrow when I get home, of the axle, hubs, ect with measurements. I think that might help outs size things up.
Old 03-22-2010, 05:43 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Here we go

Ok here are the pic let me know if we can save her.
Attached Images      
Old 03-22-2010, 11:37 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Smile RE..Pan car

search, Irrgang racing, They should have everything you are looking for, They even list a Bolink style rear axle. RC4LESS used to list a variety of rear hubs. If its something you are go to race, I would suggest something newer. I raced my associated 10L2 on asphalt last summer and it was still competitive, It holds the single lap track record, you will occasionaly find them on fleabay, search RC10L, or you can still buy new wide pan cars. CRC, Corally, etc...Good LUCK!!!!

Oh yeh...I can't open the pictures?????
Old 03-23-2010, 12:13 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Exclamation

DUH.....I see you found Johns post on 1/10pan.....That says it all!!!!