Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Oval, Larger Scales and More
1/5 scale onroad race in Québec, Canada. >

1/5 scale onroad race in Québec, Canada.

1/5 scale onroad race in Québec, Canada.

Old 04-02-2012, 09:18 AM
Tech Initiate

Hi Alain,

Thanks for the update, I will definitely be hoping to make it up a couple times this year.

Has Norman provided a breakdown of what tracks will be raced on the given dates? Is track 2 all set with the drivers stand? I am looking forward to that one.

British Menace, you will not be disappointed. Fantastic racing and great group of racers. There were two local F1 racers, father and daughter, Serg and Josie, Alain please correct me if I am wrong with the names. They were very nice and drive really clean and respectfully. Hugh raced them and he was bad fast but had a mechanical issue. I killed my F1 engine without even getting to qualify and opted to focus on my Sedan. Hoping to race F1 this year with them though.

Hugh we should try to touch base, setup a couple dates. I have a canopy with plenty of shade for this season. Same with you British Menace, BTW got an easier name.

Take it easy,
Woody
Old 04-02-2012, 10:02 AM
Tech Elite

yeah ... the track looks very cool.

I will be shaking down the F1 at Joliet, Illinois soon but then looking for a good track for its first race and this one looks good with good people running and racing there!

Just need to figure out what I need to take and what I need to have to get back into the country ... lol

Anthony (BM)
Old 04-02-2012, 11:25 AM
Tech Initiate

Hi BM,

What to take, that is an important one. There is not too much shade up there. Everyone has the 10x10 canopies. I highly recommend that, a chair and a cooler for personal comfort, the sun can get hot. There is a subway pretty close to the track for sandwiches. You can get away without it but you'll be more comfortable with.

If you are driving an FG sportline, Norman will have you covered for parts. tires, engine parts and spark plugs are pretty well covered too. Otherwise, bring whatever spares you have as well as your tools. If you need something out of the ordinary, (I needed an electric drill) Norman will probably have it.

Some kind of stand to work on your car is pretty important too. If you have a personal transponder it is good, I lost mine though (departed vehicle in a nasty wreck) I was able to borrow one from Norman but they are bit old.

As far as getting back in the country, same thing as you need to get into Canada, just your passport. Last year it was 30 Canadian to practice on Sat and 40 to race on Sunday. If you are not running for points you can run anything. If you are running for points, it is pretty much stock engines 26CC for F1 and no exotic pipes.

There are 3 tracks,

Track 1 is a short but quick road course, watch out for the wall.

Track 2 is new, the just put up a new very tall drivers stand, ran it a bit before the strand was up, tricky without the altitude.

Track 3 is a very fast oval, raced this when I was up there.

Not sure if they have determined which track they will be racing on given dates.

I stayed in Granby (I think that was it) or you can camp if so equipped. There is plenty of room to setup a tent. There are some other places to stay as well within a half hour.

Woody
Old 04-02-2012, 01:14 PM
Tech Elite

Where do you have to travel from Woody?

It all sounds good.... is track 2 on road course track? I'm not really into ovals too much.

I really am hoping to get this car up and running soon. It has the older but brand new 23cc Zenoha engine in so I'll need to break that in at the shakedown. Just a matter of getting the time.

I got the body to paint and the electronics to put in and its ready to go.

Have you been driving 1/5th scales long?

BM
Old 04-02-2012, 02:08 PM
Tech Initiate

I drive up from Southern New Hampshire, only about 4 and half hours for me. I started with my 5th scales about 6 years ago but don't have a lot of racing experience with them. We have a couple ovals in the area so I have had more of an chance to run my Sedan there. The trick for me is sneaking away for the weekend with a house and a 6 year old I am limited by the number of weekends I can sneak off.

Mostly I tinker on my cars and race when I get the chance.

Track 1 and 2 are both road courses. 1 is pretty small but quick. You can get your confidence up way too quickly. Track 2 is much larger and more technical, when I was there the drivers stand was not up yet and it was too big for me to get a good view, you need to be pretty high up. The new drivers stand is very big.

If the only weekend you happen to get up is the oval don't be too disappointed. Hugh and I both had the same reaction the weekend we went up last year but safe to say we both had an absolute blast and you can always run some on track 1. Track 2 can be running carts so you may or may not be able to run it.

You should check out the RC Challenge web page and email Norman. He will give specifics, rules and should be able to tell you what track is planned for when but that can change.
Old 04-02-2012, 02:50 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Default update for track#

Hi Woody ,I'm pleased for your interest in your racing group.
Look at the calendar I edit it with the track # for each date.

Thank you,Alain.
Old 04-02-2012, 03:57 PM
Tech Regular

Default Sanair map

Hi Anthony, this is a little map to located the Sanair track site.

Alain

Last edited by Alain Patry; 12-14-2014 at 07:02 PM.
Old 04-02-2012, 06:02 PM
Tech Initiate

Hi Alain,

Thanks for the track updates. Not sure when I will make it up so until then I hope everyone has a great start to their season.

Woody
Old 04-02-2012, 06:11 PM
Tech Elite

Cool .... thank you for that Alain.
I will work out a route and a date when I can get up for a weekend

BM
Old 04-03-2012, 03:51 PM
Tech Adept

Hey guys:

Just got the schedule from Norman so I'm going to see which dates work. Most likely to race three times before October starting in June. May is dance competition season for my daughter.

Hoping to do three and also attend a U.S or intl race. Woody, stay tuned on Montreal dates from me.

Looking forward to racing with everyone again!

Hugh
Old 04-04-2012, 01:09 PM
Tech Initiate

Hey Hugh,

Looking forward to it.

Woody
Old 04-04-2012, 05:04 PM
Tech Regular

Default Coco new body

For those you have already raced with us last season must know Krikor (Coco).
This is his new 2012 body BMW M3 ALMS.
Enjoy it.

Alain.

Last edited by Alain Patry; 12-14-2014 at 07:02 PM.
Old 04-04-2012, 08:27 PM
Tech Initiate

AWESOME!!!
Old 04-05-2012, 04:27 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Alain Patry
For those you have already raced with us last season must know Krikor (Coco).
This is his new 2012 body BMW M3 ALMS.in.
Enjoy it.

Alain.
Wow .... now that looks like cool. Nice work.

BM
Old 04-06-2012, 05:03 AM
Tech Adept

Knowing Coco's driving style, that body won't look that pretty for very long!!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.