Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Oval, Larger Scales and More
one more rc Dirt bike announcment today. 1/4 scale BL dirt bike from Venom. >

one more rc Dirt bike announcment today. 1/4 scale BL dirt bike from Venom.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2010, 08:11 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default one more rc Dirt bike announcment today. 1/4 scale BL dirt bike from Venom.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i ve never been a big venom fan. some of their stuff was ok, some was kinda shitty.

last year they introduced a GPV1 1/8th scale street bike. seems they have done a very good job with it, and the 1/8th scale bike scene is getting pretty thick now world wide.

we here stateside have seen this side of the hobby takeing hold. but we lacked behind the euros with the dirt bikes. well other than the King of the Court, the Ricky bike introduced by Radio Shack no less. lol

But. Dirt bikes and supermotards are gaing big momentum.

first was the ARx 1/4 scales, and then the Anderson M5s available mostly in europe. a few months back, Duratrax announced their DX450, which is a relabled Anderson. its made for Duratrax by anderson.

and today, per the thread title, Venom Group just announced their 1/4 scale Dirt bike. and i have to say its a very good looking unit.
looks like they started with the ARx 1/4 scale model, made some changes, and redesigned afew things to get the price down. plus a stuffed scale appearance rider. come Brushless with 2.4 also.

here is the link to the announcment.
http://www.venom-group.com/itemdesc.asp?ic=VEN-0400

it has some very nice features as well, and though its probably very similar to the ARx it appears to be quite a bit different in the end.
may have to get one of these for the garage too. lol i havent yet ran the DX450 even. lmao

Man i can see the us market heating UP in the large scale offroad side of things!!
Old 02-03-2010, 09:28 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

WELL--this bike looks great too!!! I've been playing with my new Duratrax bike and it's GREAT!!!
The new gyro in the rear wheel is taking these bikes and making them VERY easy to drive. This one has some great features--like oil filled front shocks--a slipper in the rear wheel drive -- and appears to have a large enough battery box for lipos. Also--they already have on-road AND paddle tires available with beadlock rims and liners for better handling!!!
Looks like I might have to add another bike to my stable.
FWIW
Tim
Old 02-03-2010, 11:04 PM
Tech Elite

Looks awesome to me. I like the paddle tires option. Can't wait to see a youtube video.
Old 02-04-2010, 12:49 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

update pic on battery placement!

looks good to me.

and the rider. this is the master mould, used to make the foam mould to do the riders.
[/QUOTE]
Old 02-06-2010, 03:36 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

I THINK it would have been better if they laid the battery down between the wheels instead of standing it up like that---looks like an opportunity for the battery to get "wacked" in a wicked tumble. Or if you wheelie onto a board or something that can reach under the bike--curb or other bike maybe?? But the rest looks similar to the 450DX.
Nice
T
Old 02-06-2010, 08:47 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default bike

Hope its better than the piece called the creeper
Old 02-07-2010, 06:54 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I hope this is better then their gp bike that was terrible...