Wiki Posts
Search

1/5 Onroad Comparison Chart

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2010, 08:58 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default 1/5 Onroad Comparison Chart

Trying to wrap my head around this scale... was wondering if there was a website somewhere that has a comparison chart for the various manufacturers etc. FG, Carson, Harm, Berg etc are just a few of the names I'm seeing but I also see a lot of clone makes as well and I was wondering what the various differences were whether it was wheelbase, price, motor etc.

I'm looking to pick one up soon so I guess i'm trying to figure out the various price points, differences in quality and body compatibility.

Even a thorough list of all the manufacturers would be helpful so I can start doing my own research.
Old 01-25-2010, 05:26 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by soulstice
Trying to wrap my head around this scale... was wondering if there was a website somewhere that has a comparison chart for the various manufacturers etc. FG, Carson, Harm, Berg etc are just a few of the names I'm seeing but I also see a lot of clone makes as well and I was wondering what the various differences were whether it was wheelbase, price, motor etc.

I'm looking to pick one up soon so I guess i'm trying to figure out the various price points, differences in quality and body compatibility.

Even a thorough list of all the manufacturers would be helpful so I can start doing my own research.
i would just concentrate on getting an FG, COntrast or HARM. All three manufacturers have representatives here in the states, therefore, parts will be available.
All three cars are very similar.
Pick the one you like the most, or the one you get a good deal from.
I would stay away from the plastic clone models, unless you are getting this car to run on parking lots ONLY.
If you are looking to race on race tracks, then get an FG, Contrast or HARM. All three are excellent cars. I have two FGs, a Short wheelbase and an F1.
Old 01-25-2010, 06:48 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by LuisR
i would just concentrate on getting an FG, COntrast or HARM. All three manufacturers have representatives here in the states, therefore, parts will be available.
All three cars are very similar.
Pick the one you like the most, or the one you get a good deal from.
I would stay away from the plastic clone models, unless you are getting this car to run on parking lots ONLY.
If you are looking to race on race tracks, then get an FG, Contrast or HARM. All three are excellent cars. I have two FGs, a Short wheelbase and an F1.
+1 to what LuisR said. However, if you want to see pictures and check out the differences and similarities, here is a list I have saved:

Lauterbacher
Technokit
Modelcargo
Contrast
H.A.R.M.
Genius
SVM
FG
Bergonzoni (Dynamic)
Carson
Smartech
XRC
Nutech

Last edited by xlamontx; 01-25-2010 at 06:50 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 01-26-2010, 11:53 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Right now the track record for GLARCRC is held by Frank Killam's FG car--and the Contrast cars have been going even faster!! Both are handled in LA by local companies--- so if you're in the states ---these would be best choice for parts and support.
FWIW
Tim