1/5 Scale Race at Motorama in Harrisburg, PA

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2010, 09:32 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

WOW
Wow
WOW, What a Weekend!!!!!!!!!!!!

What else can be said of a world class event. But Cant wait for next year already...

Meet so many new folks. quite a few wernt forum members, but i see a couple of them posting up already!

First to Christian. What can I say brother, you made the event happen. Major Kudos for ALL the hard work, time, money and dedication you poured out all weekend and for the months Prior needed to set this up. It was a Major Victory for Baja Recognition on a national event, and you couldnt have done any more to make it any better. The hole weeked was Tops! so THANK YOU Christian for the 1st and not the last event of this nature. I think this Year, the left coast guys are going to learn a thing or two on the east coast grit! lol

Hostile Rob. Always a Pleasure Brother. You looked just as beat as you did after the 1st BajaFest. But, in true form, you downed a couple RedBulls and jumped back into the mix!~! lol Like Christian, you busted your hump to make things happen, and the crowds ouuus and AAAhhh and WOOAHHHs were wearth every bit of it.
The new rear Carriers are the SHIZNIT... cant wait to get these on the rig!

JR from Threshold. Excellent to hang out and BS with you. Always doing what needs to be done to help out and keep things moving forward. Sucks about the T class arm breakage issues you had, but atleast you avoided those in the Bs. Hope to see you in SL if you can swing it.

Turtle Dave and Family, Always a treat. Shelly, thank you SO much for all the running you did for us Schmucks. You dedication made the weekend just go that much more smooth for us! Thank you Thank you Thank you!. And what else can you say but its always a hoot to watch CuppyCake see hot honies. lol i had to step over his eyeballs on more than one occasion. lol and our Wagon Racing Champion Ashley, You Rock Girl. Glad your feeling better.

CD Graffix was there with some killer MotoRama/Baja wing wraps that were Very Nice. Was great to hang and BS with you guys again. Hope we can do it again this year eather at Silver Lake or Hostile Robs!

and though they may never see this, a HUGE Thank You to the MotoRama Events for taking the chance on us and working us into your Rightous Event!!! It was loved by all us Bajastafarians, and Im sure I can speak for us all when i say, Thanks again, and we hope to see you Next Year!.

What a busy weekend. from simple adjustments to full teardowns and rebuilds, the pits were buzzing all weekend. Everyone lending a hand, parts, setup tips, advise to each other is truely what sets a bajastafarian apart from the average RCer. It was Really Breathtaking to see the Commeraderie and the Spirit of "Lets get EVERYONE" into the next heat/race" happening. Give yourselves a round of applause for showing up and helping each other out. its what makes these events a Hit!

Shred and Joe. Man you guys are ALWAYS a riot to hang with. The help you give, the advice you offer, and the time you spend with everyone else is absolutly fantastic.

These guys did as much as possible to help every racer present get the best setups going for the often Brutal track conditions. From Some intense Racing, to lending a hand, to comic releif, these two guys are both tops!
Going to be a killer time at Silver Lake this year! cant wait to see you.

Oh and Joe has a new nickname, Killer Joe. lmao.
im just glad that was a T and not a B. ATleast the T bumper is MUCH more forgiving than a B bumper is. lol

during one of the T races, someone wrecked, so i took his T to the sidelines. was chatting for a quick sec to one of the other marshalls. I hear a baja come behind me so i turned to get back across the track before it got to the Double. Needless to say, I misscalculated where the T was, and i turned to go across. Just as I stepped onto the track, a T comes flying off the first jump of the Double.
Can you see it coming?

Yep, and so did I. right to the melon. lol. I went down, T does 5 or 6 flips, lands on its wheels, takes off as im jumping back up, and the crowd goes OHHHHHHHHHHHHH YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHH! Cheers Claps and the race goes on!

only place i actually was hurt was my forearm got the rear arms and i have a small bruise and a sore muscle. Me melon is as right as it never was! lol

after the race i found out it was Joe driving, and if I had to take one for the Team, atleast it was from a guy i know! lol

But dont Sweat it Killer Joe, im all good my friend. See you in SL.

and last, i need to send out a HUGE, LARGE thanx to RUFast Joe. Thank you SO MUCH Brother for wanting to go. Joe wanted to go, as did I, so we worked it out and Made the 9 hr trip with his Vehicle. Thank you my friend, it was a riot.
This was Joes first Race event EVER, and he did Great and ended up taking the 4th place trouphy! Congrats and a nice introductory Win to racing Joe, you did great and you deserve it.

i didnt fair so well. did ok in the quals, but blew something out of the Diff in the B Mains. But none the less, It was very much worth the trip!

If you guys have the oppertunity to make it to next years MotoRama event. DO IT!!!!!!! even if you dont come to race, its a spectacular event.

It was great to see all the new people and as always, a joy seeing and hanging with some of the most dedicated Bajastafarians this side of Pluto!

T