Community
Wiki Posts
Search

So Cal Dirt Oval 1/4, 1/10 scales

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2009, 12:22 AM
Tech Adept

Default So Cal Dirt Oval 1/4, 1/10 scales

We have acces to a nice drt oval at lake Pars (LA). We would like to team up oval RC interest with our go kart club. The dirt track motorcycles already share rent with us. This is an opportunity for any So Cal dirt oval interest to get on a nice track. Frequently graded by tractor. Who wants to do some large scale, or even 1/10 dirt oval ??
Old 07-02-2009, 10:18 PM
SKJ
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

You might want to post this a Hobby Talk in the oval section or at www.southwesttour.com in the message board. More oval racers over there.
Old 07-03-2009, 04:09 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

www.dirtoval.com or www.rcracing.com would be much better for the dirt oval crowds. Any pictures of the track, or drivline dimensions?
Old 07-04-2009, 10:21 PM
Tech Adept

Default Yes yes yes !

Socalovalkarters.com is the web site for the oval Karting, it has photos. It is in the Paris Motorsports complex. ie next door to the motocross track. On the web site, its basic, the photos are of the track, then they have "race photos" that have karts in them. I am 2 races into my go kart career. I have raced RC's since the 80's. The track guys have there own well ,water truck Large tractor, and they are down to use them all. They water the track for us prior to each time the karts hit the track. After us go karts run, they re till the track with their large green tractor. Honestly they till it more than needed. But considering go karts have no suspension, I am not complaining.

Thank you for the links !!! My brother has allready been researching, and found there is some 1/4 action in riverside. Anxious to talk to the crowd. Hopefully we can get our entry fees down with more people. We are already teamed up with the oval motorcycles (they have the tractor, and run it).

1/10 too !!!! We are interested in as much oval action as possible !!!!

I am working on my old "Hot Trick" sprint car
Old 07-05-2009, 02:02 PM
Tech Adept

Track looks very cool, but way way too big for RC. Have you guys considered building a separate track like in the infield?
Old 07-12-2009, 09:28 PM
Tech Adept

Default Oval action

The photos may make it seem big. I believe it is perfect size, the strait-away is only 90, maybe 100 yds. In El Cajon there was a paved oval that quarter scales ran on regularly, for years. This dirt oval is smaller than that track. The radio gear will be fine on range. I have some 1/4 scale experience as an observer at the El Cajon, my dads friend had one, and we tagged along.

We will be out there this Sat. I have not yet told any Go kart elders. I don't have enough progress to tell. I appreciate the links verry much. I have been bussy, but between my brother and I we need to hit up those sites. Go kart racing 8 am to 12 noon. It is $10 to get in the gate. If you have 10 to burn come check us out, if there are any die hards out there. I would try to let you run. No garentees. I am new. ie not an elder in the tribe.
Old 07-14-2009, 10:47 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by BrianKuyper
The photos may make it seem big. I believe it is perfect size, the strait-away is only 90, maybe 100 yds. In El Cajon there was a paved oval that quarter scales ran on regularly, for years. This dirt oval is smaller than that track. The radio gear will be fine on range. I have some 1/4 scale experience as an observer at the El Cajon, my dads friend had one, and we tagged along.

We will be out there this Sat. I have not yet told any Go kart elders. I don't have enough progress to tell. I appreciate the links verry much. I have been bussy, but between my brother and I we need to hit up those sites. Go kart racing 8 am to 12 noon. It is $10 to get in the gate. If you have 10 to burn come check us out, if there are any die hards out there. I would try to let you run. No garentees. I am new. ie not an elder in the tribe.
100 yards is way too long for tenth scale. Usually straights are between 70 and 100' (not 300') I have also seen a lot of videos of 1/4 scales and I promise you the tracks are not as big as you are speaking of. If you guys have the means you may consider building something smaller (if you are really trying to get some racing going)

Just my.02
Old 10-28-2009, 08:49 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Brian, This is a great idea. I have spoken to the vp of the Kart club and they seem interested. There is talk of making the track smaller. This would be perfect for 5bs, 1/4 scale, 1/8th scale lates and sprint cars any body could run there! They have a line on some clay that should make the place really racey! I will be at the Kart race on november 28th to help a buddy with his kart. Look me up. My name is Chris Vierra.
Old 10-28-2009, 09:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Hey since you guys mentioned Dirt Oval KARTING - they are doing this up in Santa Maria at the Santa Maria Speedway through the winter!

Racing THIS Sunday (Track is in the infield of the 1/3 mile high banked Clay track!

(If they didn't have a big SIGN in the middle - it would be great for 1/4 and 1/5th scale DIRT OVAL too!! )