Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Oval, Larger Scales and More
losi mini late model need setup for it >

losi mini late model need setup for it

losi mini late model need setup for it

Old 10-07-2009, 03:46 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default losi mini late model need setup for it

i need setup help for my 1/18th mini losi late model does anyone know anytricks to these things its a blast but needs to handle better i got the adjustable losi upgrade shocks for it with the stock orange springs but need to know how low and high the adjusters need to be THANKS for any help Benji Griffin #13
Old 10-07-2009, 05:43 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

biggest trick u can do is probly run the wedge body... and a large side dam
Old 10-26-2009, 03:19 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

does anyone know anything about these mini late models
Old 11-04-2009, 08:22 AM
Tech Addict

The only setups I know is people seem to like the aluminum shocks
over the plastic ones. Most of the fast guys run 30wt all 4 corners.
Everybody at the track runs either the 6900kv mamba, or the 8000kv.
If I get one of these the reedy systems seem cheap at 79.99 for the whole system. The slipper upgrade is another must have if your gonna run brushless.

The shock position they have is looking at the front of the car,
the left side (front and rear)needs to be all the way up and down 2 turns,
the right side(front and rear) needs to be down maybe 7 turns.
Takes some experimenting because every track is different.
At my home track you just turn left, so this setup might not work for everybody.

Cant wait to buy one myself, because these look like little rocket ships going around the oval.

Last edited by electricguy007; 11-04-2009 at 08:39 AM.
Old 11-06-2009, 07:12 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I LOVE my Late Model, but im still learning it, i need to get my track worked in before i can work on my setup, are there any Losi Late Model Forums or places to hang out? i cant find any and this place doesnt offer much
Old 11-08-2009, 06:06 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by toyota13
i need setup help for my 1/18th mini losi late model does anyone know anytricks to these things its a blast but needs to handle better i got the adjustable losi upgrade shocks for it with the stock orange springs but need to know how low and high the adjusters need to be THANKS for any help Benji Griffin #13
What kind of track, I run high bite asphalt. I use team associate springs, Gold front right , blue other 3. I got ball dif. and a rubber in front from steering knuckle to knuckle to remove slop. On stock tires camber is important for even wear, But still burn line on outside rear.
Old 01-13-2010, 06:41 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I am thinking about getting one of these losi mini late models. Any other set up tips. I would be running on a carpet oval.
Old 01-17-2010, 06:12 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

I ran my late model on a high banked carpet oval. 50 wt oil in all shocks, 1/4" limiters in each shock, Associated gold spring on right front, stock springs will work on the other 3 shocks. Ball diff is very important on carpet or you must shim and heavily grease the geared diff to get it to last. Ball diff is much easier. CVDs help with the slop in rear axles. Rubber bands from outside to inside of front turnbuckles also to remove slop. If the car wants to traction roll, put a strip of electrical tape around the outside edge of the right front tire. Or you may run a narrow bead of CA in the same area. This will let the tire slide and not hook up so hard and then roll the car. This combo seemed to work I won the six series champs I ran in before I sold the car to another racer. He is now winning races with it.