Old 05-31-2009, 09:49 AM
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

yo, i wish i have one...
really a nice one..
Old 06-01-2009, 07:44 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 110 (100%+)

Very sweet ride. I hope 1/8 scale latemodel takes off here I will get one without a doubt.
Old 06-08-2009, 10:15 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

I'm currently building a new Jammin buggy based 1/8 oval car for my local track. This is my first experience with 1/8 oval racing and the body is freaking HUGE!! The Ofna front bumper/body mount kit has taken a bit of custom engineering to mount onto this Jammin buggy, but looks like it will be as stable as any 1/10 TC body when I'm done.

Hey, what are you folks putting into the cars as far as power goes? I have several engine options and I'm not sure which one to go with. I have a Go .21, a Force .26, and an RB TM928 .28. The dirt oval wheels have about the same tread width as a buggy tire, so I wonder if the larger engines would have too much torque for the traction. On the other hand, with the big body and added weight of the bumper and body mounts, I'm not sure if a .21 will have ENOUGH power.

As far as that body goes, sheesh, looks like it will take a half gallon of paint to cover it.
Old 06-09-2009, 06:41 PM
Tech Master

For running in the Kansas, Oklahoma, Missouri, Texas, Nebraska areas the .21 is pretty much the way to go. The tracks are loose dirt with a hard pack underneath so its really easy to get too much tire spin with a big block and the spec tires we use.
Old 06-12-2009, 12:30 AM
Tech Initiate

Sweet!
Old 06-24-2009, 07:28 AM
Tech Apprentice

it really depends on if you r going to run the spec tires or the foams from ofna or rc4less have been the way to go so far i run a mach 427 and i have also a mach .26 any more questions let me know a run with the guy that posted his pretty little car dont let if fool you that thing is fast and he is a great driver we run in greenville tn and that right kevin lol
Old 07-03-2009, 01:32 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

hey guys i live in south eastern PA and ther is not a dirt oval track within 2 hrs from here.Ther is however a quater midget track within 10 min of me.My idea is to pitch the idea of them allowing RC dirt oval racing on the track during ther down time.Would the midget track work well for RC?And how should i go about pitching the idea to them
Old 07-21-2009, 06:12 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Those guys from TN

Do you guys run at family RC and have yall ever heard of chris cooper from Tracy City?We have a track about 45 min away in Mcminnville TN,mabey you guys can come down and run with us(Well them) i,m really slow but I have a ball doing it!!Take care, DOC.
Old 07-29-2009, 07:32 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CaptCrunch
I'm currently building a new Jammin buggy based 1/8 oval car for my local track. This is my first experience with 1/8 oval racing and the body is freaking HUGE!! The Ofna front bumper/body mount kit has taken a bit of custom engineering to mount onto this Jammin buggy, but looks like it will be as stable as any 1/10 TC body when I'm done.

Hey, what are you folks putting into the cars as far as power goes? I have several engine options and I'm not sure which one to go with. I have a Go .21, a Force .26, and an RB TM928 .28. The dirt oval wheels have about the same tread width as a buggy tire, so I wonder if the larger engines would have too much torque for the traction. On the other hand, with the big body and added weight of the bumper and body mounts, I'm not sure if a .21 will have ENOUGH power.

As far as that body goes, sheesh, looks like it will take a half gallon of paint to cover it.
Hey Capt

Can you post some pictures to let us know it the bumper / body kit worked out for you.
Old 11-22-2009, 08:49 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

It is possible I took a Ravager buggy and turned it into a latemodel.
Just use all the same stuff from the Ofna Gtp.
Such as body mounts and front bumper parts.
You will have to redrill the holes for the chassis to accomidate the screws on the chassis to the bumper mount.

Here is a link to my conversion on my website:

http://rcshowoffs.proboards.com/inde...lay&thread=481
Old 11-24-2009, 01:03 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

[QUOTE=CaptCrunch;5911890]I'm currently building a new Jammin buggy based 1/8 oval car for my local track. This is my first experience with 1/8 oval racing and the body is freaking HUGE!! The Ofna front bumper/body mount kit has taken a bit of custom engineering to mount onto this Jammin buggy, but looks like it will be as stable as any 1/10 TC body when I'm done.

I like a .21 better. I tried a OS .28XZ and it was insane in a late-model. The last night I ran it I was pulling both fronts off the ground coming out of the turns and would have to let off at the end of the straight to turn the wheels. My Novarossi Plus 21-7 has a good powerband for oval and it's faster than the RTR .26's and .28's. Running a Powerhouse modded GRP .21 now and it's easy to drive but I def. liked the power of a seven port better.

I guess it's personal preference. If you like a smooth powerband that the throttle can be feathered easily go with a good .21, if you like to bulldog your car around the track get the .28....I do not suggest a budget .21 oval can be pretty harsh on engines.