Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Oval, Larger Scales and More
pics of 1/8 late models need help >

pics of 1/8 late models need help

pics of 1/8 late models need help

Old 02-23-2009, 10:47 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)
Default pics of 1/8 late models need help

Hey guys, started running the ofna 1/8 late model last summer and was wondering how do you guys cut your bodies for refueling and glow ignitor??? any pics would be most appreciated just to get an idea!!! thanks!
Old 02-23-2009, 04:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

In my case, I drilled a hole in the roof and bought an extra long glow starter - problem solved AND if you drill it just right you really can't notice it that much!

As far as a fuel opening - I was advised to make it as small as possible and mine is probably 1.5" x 2". AND, I have heard a couple of complaints about getting fuel properly 'loaded' from folks nice enough to pit me. BUT, I have it on good authority that a very small opening works better on these cars from an aeodynamic point of view - creating more downforce on the front! So, I consider the extra bit of spilled fuel a necessary by product of aerodynamics!!!
Old 02-28-2009, 09:07 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

we do the samething. except for the fuel openings because our races aren't that long we don't need to fuel up after warm up.