Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Oval, Larger Scales and More
New 1/10th oval track! Possibly Banked!!! In the poughkeepsie NY area! >

New 1/10th oval track! Possibly Banked!!! In the poughkeepsie NY area!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New 1/10th oval track! Possibly Banked!!! In the poughkeepsie NY area!

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2008, 06:22 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default New 1/10th oval track! Possibly Banked!!! In the poughkeepsie NY area!

Hey guys. I am looking into building a new 1/10th scale oval track in the poughkeepsie NY area. I want to make it banked but thats all dependant on how many racers i get. I will prolly start as a flat track than go banked. Ozite carpet! The dimentions will be 36' X 100' or 36' X 80'. Thats dependant on the building size. I have an old amb transponder set-up but was looking into a new one and i couldent find any prices. If you could help out with that i would be interested. Maybe a price with club transponders and with out as i might require personal transponders. Also please let me know if you are interested in racing on this new track or what. I need responses as to know how many racers i can count on. Also how much do you think is a good price to charge? Thanks guys, Trever
Old 12-10-2008, 12:51 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default question

Originally Posted by Trever007
Hey guys. I am looking into building a new 1/10th scale oval track in the poughkeepsie NY area. I want to make it banked but thats all dependant on how many racers i get. I will prolly start as a flat track than go banked. Ozite carpet! The dimentions will be 36' X 100' or 36' X 80'. Thats dependant on the building size. I have an old amb transponder set-up but was looking into a new one and i couldent find any prices. If you could help out with that i would be interested. Maybe a price with club transponders and with out as i might require personal transponders. Also please let me know if you are interested in racing on this new track or what. I need responses as to know how many racers i can count on. Also how much do you think is a good price to charge? Thanks guys, Trever
Did this happen or not?
Old 10-09-2009, 06:13 PM
Tech Apprentice

hasent happened yet but still lookin for a place. I have some property but its not really in a very commercial area and might possibly build a track back there.
Old 10-12-2009, 01:24 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Hi

I'm very interested! I would love to find out more.
me too, I need more detailed info
Old 10-13-2009, 03:29 AM
Tech Apprentice

was that two people talking in just one post? I looked for places to rent and found a few now i just need to call and see how much they want! If they want to much maybe ill build my own on my property but thats like in the back woods lol. Not hard to get to but def off the highway! Ill keep this thread going!
Old 10-13-2009, 08:11 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

keep it flat and run road course. You will find a BIG interest in touring car road course.
Old 10-13-2009, 04:45 PM
Tech Apprentice

well i will have a road course as well but oval is my thing. Maybe a banked oval with a road course in the middle that also uses the banks?
Old 10-13-2009, 07:19 PM
Tech Elite

Sure, as long as the transition is smooth.

LOTS of touring racers in the area looking for a place to race.
Old 10-14-2009, 03:20 AM
Tech Apprentice

how many is lots? If i have some numbers first maybe i wouldent be so scared to pay the rent that some of the nicer places want! Thanks Man, Trever
Old 10-14-2009, 08:45 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Trever007
how many is lots? If i have some numbers first maybe i wouldent be so scared to pay the rent that some of the nicer places want! Thanks Man, Trever

without really even thinking hard i can come up with 20.
Old 10-14-2009, 09:00 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Yeh same here. I can easily think of at least 20 racers from CT alone. Some may be the same as who Chris is thinking but most of mine are different. You would draw a large crowd fron the Long Island and NYC area as well.

Road course (sedan, WGT,VTA) will have the largest turnout, but if it's a good oval (expescialy if it's banked and smooth) you will get a strong turnout with that class as well. If it's banked I'll make a return to oval racing myself!!!

If and when you open you should consider becoming a ROAR affiliated track. Holding a regional or another big area race can help promote your facility and get the word out to the public about it. I may be the Regional Director for 2010 and am currently the Assistant Director. If you need any help fell free to contact me.
Old 10-14-2009, 10:04 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by tazz888
Yeh same here. I can easily think of at least 20 racers from CT alone. Some may be the same as who Chris is thinking but most of mine are different. You would draw a large crowd fron the Long Island and NYC area as well.

Road course (sedan, WGT,VTA) will have the largest turnout, but if it's a good oval (expescialy if it's banked and smooth) you will get a strong turnout with that class as well. If it's banked I'll make a return to oval racing myself!!!

If and when you open you should consider becoming a ROAR affiliated track. Holding a regional or another big area race can help promote your facility and get the word out to the public about it. I may be the Regional Director for 2010 and am currently the Assistant Director. If you need any help fell free to contact me.

Yes, I was thinking of the racers from Poughkeepsie and Middletown. There is a tiny track in Hyde Park but nothing for 1/10th. Maybe you want to talk to them about a partnership. They keep talking about bigger and better things.

Ron....ROAR, really?
Old 10-14-2009, 10:18 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by raffaelli

Ron....ROAR, really?
Yeh.... I know.
Old 10-14-2009, 06:36 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Thumbs up

If you Build it they will come! I'm definately in for TC and a banked oval actually sounds pretty cool as well.
Where in the area are you at? Close to 44 or 55? I don't think you have to worry to much about not being in a commercial area. The closest place to race 1/10 on road of any sort, that I've found is in PA at Marshalls. They are 99% oval out there, but run a road course at their open house. Its a two hour trip from poughkeepsie give or take and the place is out in the middle of nowhere. (If you've ever been out there you know what I mean!) A fellow racer and I are gonna make that run so I'm pretty sure wherever your located in the area won't be a problem.
Old 10-15-2009, 03:31 AM
Tech Apprentice

well im gunna make some calls and see what they want for rent. Dont wanna pay to much to start but if it takes off like a rocket bound for mars ill get a bigger place! Its only the price of rent as to why i dont have a place yet!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.