Tech Master

Originally Posted by BMC
Looks great Ronnie
thank you Bill
Old 08-09-2008, 04:52 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Bill,
What is the difference in the 80% and the Pro?
Thanks
Old 08-12-2008, 06:17 AM
BMC
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Ovaloldtimer
Bill,
What is the difference in the 80% and the Pro?
Thanks

I did you get the answer on DO???
Old 08-12-2008, 03:02 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

I am interested to join the GT class....now, I have 3 choice...

OFNA GTP (new version)
OFNA DM1
Kyosho IGT (old and new version)

I am more toward the GTP because I am not sure Kyosho has any good parts support...and GTP RTR is cheaper, everything (parts) are cheaper, easy to get....DM1 is off the scale a little and might have some unfair advantage...IGT has no problem except parts support..

Anyone can share idea...? Thanks...

P.S...what are the good TIRES for GT class..? Some said Kyosho with off road insert stuff in...but I know there are several GT class tires premount for sale now...which one is the everyone favorite..?
Old 08-12-2008, 03:31 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 112 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Solara

OFNA GTP (new version)
OFNA DM1

I am more toward the GTP because I am not sure Kyosho has any good parts support...and GTP RTR is cheaper, everything (parts) are cheaper, easy to get....DM1 is off the scale a little and might have some unfair advantage...IGT has no problem except parts support..

P.S...what are the good TIRES for GT class..? Some said Kyosho with off road insert stuff in...but I know there are several GT class tires premount for sale now...which one is the everyone favorite..?
I like the Losi/GRPs . The Twister tire are a very good bang for the buck too at $20 a pair and are offered in 45 and 55 shore ratings as well.
Old 08-13-2008, 05:13 AM
BMC
Tech Adept

OFNA GTP (new version)
OFNA DM1

The DM1 can be used for dirt oval, however OFNA made the GTP DO for dirt oval, by off-setting the chassis. I have been driving the car for almost a year now if no big issues. great price for a go fast and turn left car.
Old 08-13-2008, 12:38 PM
Tech Champion

Thanks guy....not interested in dirt oval, but I think I've got the idea...thanks
Old 08-13-2008, 01:04 PM
Tech Master

Thanks guy....not interested in dirt oval, but I think I've got the idea...thanks

in stock now $350.00

http://store.ronniesetser.com/
Old 08-13-2008, 03:14 PM
Tech Champion

What exactly is the different between Dirt Oval version and the On Road version..? I have seen the one at LHS is the Mercedes GTR body with the revised brown color aluminum brace/chassis and 2 speed..........OFNA web is very confuse too....
Old 08-13-2008, 03:52 PM
Tech Master

What exactly is the different between Dirt Oval version and the On Road version..? I have seen the one at LHS is the Mercedes GTR body with the revised brown color aluminum brace/chassis and 2 speed..........OFNA web is very confuse too....

body only
Old 08-14-2008, 08:53 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

OFNA GTP (new version)
OFNA DM1

Howard,
I'll share with you what I have found:
There is also the DM1S, which is a shortened version of the OFNA DM1 car. It is the same length as the GTP and IGT (not IGT2) version. It has the horizontal shocks and from what I have been told has better diffs and other parts than Ofna GTP 2 (new version). The DM1 S comes as a kit (around $350) with no engine, but front and rear pivot ball suspension and blade sway bars.

The Ofna GTP II would be the next lower level, it has front pivot ball suspension, Force .28 engine, clutch type 2 speed etc. There is an optional rear pivot ball kit which included blade sway bars.

The IGT has three weak points, clutch, transmission and engine. Not all users experience the weak engine bearings. The transmission 2 nd gear catch mechanism may last if you set it to shift shorty after the clutch engages, other than that I have had mine wear out after a day of racing, say 3 qualifiers. The stock clutch not worth keeping for racing. If you want to race and not wrench replace the transmission with one from the Ofna GTP II. There is also the possibility of using Evolva 2-speed parts. Some racers have had good reliability from this car. A lot have not. And you need to upgrade the brakes. You raced in the MWS racine race, you need the optional metallic brake pads for high braking areas, like the end of the straightaway.

I have not seen a new IGT on the shelf, so I cannot comment on any improvements.

I am racing with the Inpanema belted slicks. They offer excellent grip and wear. LHR has them in stock. You may also want to try the Ofna belted slicks. There are many other tires available.

Ken
Old 08-14-2008, 11:19 PM
Tech Master

DM1 SPEC

in stock now $350.00

http://store.ronniesetser.com/

IN STOCK NOW GTP2, DM1 SPEC, DM1 1/7

Last edited by ssrods1; 08-14-2008 at 11:33 PM.
Old 08-15-2008, 03:41 PM
Tech Initiate

I see where youre saying use 10,000 in the front diff, is this just on the GTP?

I've been reading other posts where 120,000 front, 50,000 center, and 1000-3000 for the rear is what is wanted. Is this just for cars with center diffs. I run a Jammin that i've really got interested in running oval instead of offroad so oval setups are completely new and confusing, but thanks to here and Dirtoval.com have helped greatly.

The above setup is what i'm currently converting to, but what about springs and stagger?

As far as converting to LM, the front GTP bumper, bumper foam, and mounts are whats needed.

Thanks for the great info.
Old 08-16-2008, 05:46 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by CurveTracer
Howard,
I'll share with you what I have found:
There is also the DM1S, which is a shortened version of the OFNA DM1 car. It is the same length as the GTP and IGT (not IGT2) version. It has the horizontal shocks and from what I have been told has better diffs and other parts than Ofna GTP 2 (new version). The DM1 S comes as a kit (around $350) with no engine, but front and rear pivot ball suspension and blade sway bars.

The Ofna GTP II would be the next lower level, it has front pivot ball suspension, Force .28 engine, clutch type 2 speed etc. There is an optional rear pivot ball kit which included blade sway bars.

The IGT has three weak points, clutch, transmission and engine. Not all users experience the weak engine bearings. The transmission 2 nd gear catch mechanism may last if you set it to shift shorty after the clutch engages, other than that I have had mine wear out after a day of racing, say 3 qualifiers. The stock clutch not worth keeping for racing. If you want to race and not wrench replace the transmission with one from the Ofna GTP II. There is also the possibility of using Evolva 2-speed parts. Some racers have had good reliability from this car. A lot have not. And you need to upgrade the brakes. You raced in the MWS racine race, you need the optional metallic brake pads for high braking areas, like the end of the straightaway.

I have not seen a new IGT on the shelf, so I cannot comment on any improvements.

I am racing with the Inpanema belted slicks. They offer excellent grip and wear. LHR has them in stock. You may also want to try the Ofna belted slicks. There are many other tires available.

Ken

Thanks for that detailed information Ken.........by seeing the GTP II and Force 28 running last night....I was sold. GTP II that is....the car is solid enough for me without any major modification....all I need are some Inapnema Rubbers, a more race looking Protoform 1/8th GT body...then I am ready to hit the track.

There is something I don't understand...OFNA site or Tower has any of those GTP II information listed at all...like the GTP II never exist when there are ppl running around on parking lot everywhere....can't even find more detail or pictures about that.

Ken...I will see you next week....and that will be my debut of GT class as well, I always want to race Walt....and finally I have something for him to race for (I am using a loaner prototype car that I dont' even know what that is....LOL)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.