Losi 1/10 Slider

Old 10-12-2008, 04:57 AM
Tech Adept

thanks roadrashracing, I pull them off they had allot of glue on the body but i used WD40 and it all came off with a little rubbing. I think they look allot better and I ordered the clear body's. I will post when done
Old 10-13-2008, 09:09 PM
Tech Apprentice

I'm new to dirt oval racing and got a taste of it yesterday. Luv it! I'm not new to rc car racing though. I've been racing 1/8 scale buggy for about seven years now and I have 1 1/2 years experience of 1/10 paved oval racing. Yesterday I got to wheel a 1/10 tc3 late model, a Losi 1/10 Slider and a 1/18 late model. My local track is going to be LA Thunder Raceway in Wicksburg, AL. I really enjoyed driving all three but I think I want to get a Slider first. I do want to change the stock look though. Does Losi offer clear bodies and wings? Where can I get numbers, sponsor, and graphic decals from? Also, I read in an earlier post about using shorter springs. What springs should I use and where can I get those? Sorry for all the questions. More to come. Thanks in advance.
Old 10-13-2008, 10:24 PM
Suspended

a tiny bit of reading and reseaching should easily answer all your questions
Old 10-14-2008, 05:21 PM
Tech Apprentice

welcome to the wonderful world of dirt oval. I hope you don't represent all of dirt oval in this forum.
Old 10-14-2008, 06:22 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default questions

I don't have a slider yet but I do know this. Yes you can get a clear body from losi to paint yourself. There are a few places online and some guys on here that can do lettering for you. You would need to do a search to find them. Here in South Dakota we just go to the local sign shop for that stuff. As far as the springs go I think the touring car springs from cars like xxx-s will do the trick for you.
Old 10-14-2008, 07:02 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

There are lots of sticker sets available that include numbers, including the stickers for the 10Slider and the SLASH... If you check the BRL carpet oval forum on HobbyTalk, there are guys who will custom make numbers for you...

In addition to the clear body, LOSI also sells Red, Yellow, and Silver bodies for the 10 Slider -- only white and black are available in the RTR, but you should know the other colors are available as aftermarket options...

If you need shorter springs, then yes, the LOSI XXX-S springs should fit, but keep in mind that almost all sedan springs are going to be significantly stiffer than the 10 Slider springs. Changing to LOSI front buggy springs allows you to find softer (and stiffer) springs that are the same 2" length as the 10 Slider springs. (I did some testing, and the 10Slider silver springs are almost identical to the LOSI silver buggy fronts -- probably they ARE the same.)

If you need to get creative in terms of tires, LOSI Truck rear rims fit right on... For the front, I changed the steering knuckles and axles for LOSI XXX-T parts -- this lets me use B4 buggy front rims/tires or LOSI truck rims. Lots of "options"...

The good news is that the car is a great value. I ran mine last Saturday at our local indoor dirt oval - stock motor, electronics, etc. just changed the front axles so I could run buggy fronts and I used minipin rear truck tires. I was able to run close to the same pace as I did with my 19turn truck... VERY competitive.

More details here: http://www.dirtoval.com/forums/showp...&postcount=308
Old 10-14-2008, 10:13 PM
Tech Apprentice

Just what I was looking for. Some honest to goodness help. Thank you sheetmetal2 and tfrahm. I really appreciate your help. It's people like you that keep the hobby going and growing. Thanks again.
Old 10-15-2008, 03:24 PM
Tech Adept

I am changing allot of things on both my 1/10 sliders and testing allot. when i get finished I will post them
Old 10-15-2008, 03:25 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

You can get NASCAR type decals from Parma. I use them on my 1/10th and 1/18th cars and they look fine on either. Losi 1/18th aren't really to scale anyway so the size doesn't matter (in this case).
Old 10-15-2008, 03:51 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

I just raced mine last night bone stock and I wasn't too far off the full out mod Custom Works and Dynotech sprinters. I They ran 4.4's and I ran 4.7's. All I did was change the springs and used some 3 year old 3700's. I used Losi 1.15 length springs from the xxxs, but they are just a little too short. They will work, but I just don't like how short they are. You will have the collars all the way un threaded.

I found a set of 4 Integy springs that will probably be better, but I don't know the length of them. We need to find some 1.5 length springs, so if anybody knows of some please post.

Mine thermaled twice, even after I geared down. So I need to do the air scoop trick and cut out the helmet and the front scoop.

I really think this car could run with the big dawgs. It just needs a ball diff and different electronics. But my local track wants to run a stock class, so I'm going to keep mine stock for now.
Old 10-16-2008, 12:11 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

i saw one of these things run the other night. im going to get one. i think it can hang with the cw/ or other high end car. i have seen a b4 rulethe late model class. losi has great offroad cars. the cw is built on a flat carbon fiber chassie with no kick up or anti squat adjustments. losi will have those parts available. i know with losi ill be able to get spare parts from my LHS unlike with a cw ill have to get parts on line. im confident that it can hang with those other high doller cars. oval is about getting grip from the tires and staying clean.
Old 10-16-2008, 05:04 AM
Tech Apprentice

nutz4rcyktw ~ Thanks for pointing me to a source for some numbers, I appreciate it. My local track is voting this weekend about running these as a spec or open class. I hope they run both slider spec and open (mod, unlmtd, etc).
Old 10-16-2008, 11:24 AM
Tech Initiate

I received mine Tuesday the 7th and have ran it around a bit on both pavement and dirt. The stock set up works pretty well in the dirt but the front end pushes like a dump truck on the pavement. As far as the parts, the tranny looks like it came right out of the Sportwerks RST as well as the front end. I bought Two of those 10th RST's last summer and I thought them to be junk. The rear axles always snapped right at the hub end. Needless to say the kids were bummed and they went into the trash heap. I really like this slider though! It's a kick in the pants and very fun to drive. I am going to be racing it on carpet at my local indoor this weekend. I will set it up and let ya'll know how it did.
Old 10-16-2008, 01:12 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

Additional source for decals and numbers can be local printers or on line suppliers. I get my vinyl wraps and numeral vinyl from rclegends.com also known as blacksheepvinyl.com.

He is very good at making whatever you want, many colors, fast shipping, and very reasonably priced. There are many more like him out there.

When you get a new body, it may include a decal sheet with numbers. The Losi Mini Late Model has an extensive set of decals with it and it includes numbers. The 1/18th Slider also has some decals with a clear body as well.

Last edited by nutz4rcyktw; 10-17-2008 at 09:40 AM.
Old 10-17-2008, 06:32 AM
Tech Apprentice

I recently bought the 1/10th Slider and love the way it handles. I am impressed with the RTR items and doubt if I will change anything unless our area starts racing them. The only thing I do not like is the narrow front axles. They only accept the narrow slider wheels that come with the car. I have a box of other fronts, including Losi brand fronts that will not fit since they are the standard width. Prior to seeing this thread I started a thread on looking for longer replacement axles.

My initial impression is this is a super fun car to run and handles amazing right out of the box. Broke in the motor slowly and it runs pretty quick. I am impressed. Now if I can only change front wheels.....

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.