Community
Wiki Posts
Search

NASCAR BRUSHLESS

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2007, 11:18 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Boy how I wish Novak got the ball rolling with the 17.5 instead of the 13.5. Today's stock speeds are getting wicked fast, which is a deterent to new racers. The 13.5 is faster than 27T brushed (which is already too fast for new racers.) Novak really dropped the ball on their so called "extensive 13.5 testing" to come up with a stock 27T brushed equivalent.
Old 09-20-2007, 01:33 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

James,

I don't think I'd say they dropped the ball, moreso I think it's a hard sell to sell a SLOW motor.

They have stepped up to this w/ the 17.5 motor, and they are supposed to be putting out a 21.5 motor as well.

Some people still insist that the 13.5 is the same speed as STOCK (Although most of us know different now)

For oval we've got a good class of 17.5 w/ the 3200 LIPO taking over. It's running the same speed we were running using the 10.5 motor w/ 4 cells.

Now we get to run pretty much effortless/maintenance free on both MOTOR and BATTERY.

Can't wait for the 21.5/LIPO match too.
Old 10-15-2007, 09:10 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Talking Brushless

we all run 13.5 it makes it nice being that u can't "cheat" the way some people do w/ brushed motors. Playing field is level just figout gearing w/ rollout and it makes it for a more exciting race. We finish within a lap or 2 @ the most of each other and thats if u get in the loose stuff once in awhile. U have 2 slice an dice ur way to the front.
Old 10-30-2007, 07:39 PM
Tech Master

So far our carpet season is going great and we are testing out a 13.5brushless 10l4 against a brushed 27 turn 10l4. If results are pleasing we will pull the switch in January!