Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Oval, Larger Scales and More
FG MonsterTruck  1/6th scale MEGATHREAD O' DOOM ! >

FG MonsterTruck 1/6th scale MEGATHREAD O' DOOM !

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FG MonsterTruck 1/6th scale MEGATHREAD O' DOOM !

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2007, 11:21 AM
Tech Rookie

Exclamation FG MonsterTruck 1/6th scale MEGATHREAD O' DOOM !

Well, we need a One-Sixth Scale thread discussing the Monstertruck here, and well, I didn't find one, I'll start one

THIS BEAST IS HUGE !

FG company homesite: http://www.fg-modellsport-gmbh.de/FG...l/index_e.html

http://www.fg-modellsport-gmbh.de/FG...-layout_e.html

MONSTER TRUCK 1:6

Technical description of the 1:6 Monster Truck model:

The chassis parts are mounted on a 4mm angled alloy plate. All borings on the bottom side are countersunk in order to prevent the screw heads from bearing out. At the front axle you have the possibility to adjust toe-in or toe-out through track rods with right-/ left-handed thread. At the rear axle king pin angle and toe-in can be adjusted by adjusting screws with right-/ left-handed thread. 8 oil-pressure shock absorbers are mounted at the lower double wishbones of front and rear axle which can absorb also heavier bumps to a great extent and ensure an optimal wheel grip. All rotating parts are supported by ball bearings. Rear gearwheels, differential gears as well as all driving elements are case-hardened. The two-piece body is manufactured in transparent polycarbonate. The chromed rims are in one piece for weight reasons. The tires have a fabric insert in order to prevent a tire extension to a large degree according to centrifugal force at increasing rpm.

The models are equipped with a powerful 26ccm combustion engine which runs with ordinary 2-stroke petrol-oil mixture (available at every petrol station). A tank filling of 0,7 litres gives you about 45 minutes driving fun. According to the integrated pullstart system the engine can be started without any problems.
Item N°. 6007
FG Monster Truck/ 26ccm engine

Item N°. 6007R
FG Monster Truck/ 26ccm engine RTR

Monster Trucks are very popular in the USA. They are used for races as well as for shows where they drive or jump over a row of older cars. Make the same experience with the FG Monster Trucks at scale 1:6.

The effective rear drive gives the model an excellent driving performance on impassable terrain. The huge wheels overcome almost every obstacle without any problems. The Monster Trucks are built on the base of the 1:6 Off-Road Buggy Marder. A conversion of your 1:6 Marder, Beetle or Pajero is possible at any time.

Of course the Monster Truck is available as RTR version, too = completely mounted and equipped with a radio control system. Installed is a FM rotary knob system with a servo for steering and a servo for throttle and brake.

Length 720mm, Width 510mm,
Height 385mm, Wheelbase 480mm

PARTS: http://www.rcnutshobbies.com/cart.cgi?group=33834

*Thanks to GuruMods, I now have a FG MonsterTruck in my collection, and it loves MUD !
* Will post pics and vid later.
Old 05-25-2007, 02:04 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 27 (97%+)

i just got rid of a fg truck .. i had the fg mt-5 and last year i have the fg beetle.... both good truck... but you have to get the gear up grade...
Old 05-25-2007, 09:55 PM
Tech Rookie

Yeah, the upgraded parts are a must have. Steve (Gurumods) put a bunch on.

Today was the reckoning of 3+ months worth of saving money, scrimping, and working extra hours, selling on e-bay, and my tax returns ( as small as they were, but hey 400.00 is still a nice chunk of "overpaid" taxes that the G-men honored me by "refunding" to my humble personal bank account.

I swear that the harder I work, the less money I actualy make. Paychecks and OVERTIME Taxes suck.... CASH IS KING !

Well, since I don't presently drive my Astro Van or the 1966 Thunderbird ( Both in the body shop and rotting away.... LOL) It leaves me with a nice chunk of change that I can use for extra debt paying off, bills, traveling expenses, new snowboard equipment, clothing, gourmet exotic food ingredients, or my rekindled obession with my Radio Control hobby. I can't get enough of it... Planes, Helicopters, Cars, batteries, new technology like 2.4 ghz PCM transmiters and Brushless motors....... AND

.........the cash for my....... well earned; very expensive; "BIG BOY TOY".

This truck is loaded with goodies. Everything on it has a purpose and are recommended hopups.It only have two ( now 4) tanks of gas thru it.This truck is about $2,300.00 the way it sits now.What a great savings for a vehicle that is not even broken in yet at the price of $1400.00 !

Jetpro pipe, Hitec 645 throttle servo, Hitec 805 steering servo, Cat 5 steel gears 16/48, Rear upper alloy arms, 8484 diff conversion, Alloy motor mounts x 2, Ball drives, Front disc brakes, Wheelie bar, Outerwears starter cover; Redneck airfilter, 3300 mah receiver battery , Spektrum; sr3000 receiver and DX3 TX.

and my video I shot today I put up on U TUBE.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=STkUChZos0I
Old 05-27-2007, 05:56 AM
Tech Champion

looks like it might need a cleaning lol....
Old 05-27-2007, 06:03 AM
Tech Champion

good video... there really tough...
Old 05-28-2007, 10:56 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MADMAN23
looks like it might need a cleaning lol....

Really? you dont say
Old 05-28-2007, 10:57 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Man, thats a nice piece of kit. Just got too many going on's at the moment to take that off your hand.
Old 05-28-2007, 05:39 PM
Tech Champion

there nice and huge...