Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Spring Steel T Plate/Shock spring Question

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2007, 02:53 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Spring Steel T Plate/Shock spring Question

I have recently bought a used Hyperdrive 700 Ease, it has a spring steel tplate, I have never had one on a car.
The car has a green center shock spring, from what I have seen in the past the green spring seems too heavy with the tplate acting more as a spring than a fiberglass one. I haven't run the car yet, so I don't know. With the collar all of the way down it still seems heavy. I can get the set up numbers that I usually start with on my other cars f/r, l/r, cross.
Anybody have any experience with spring steel tplates. I haven't run the car yet.
Thanks
Old 04-14-2007, 12:07 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Talking

Well I have ran the med. soft spring steel T plate on my L4 and on my Darkside outlaw 1/12th and loved it. On the L4 I actually ran a Blue front buggy spring, with 30 wt oil. This seemed to be the best for me. On the 1/12th I ran a blue micro shock spring and 35wt oil. this was pretty much the set up for most of our clubs pan cars. With White rear tires and an aray of different fronts.
Hope this helped.
Thanks Mike
Old 04-14-2007, 07:08 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 63 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jnor
I have recently bought a used Hyperdrive 700 Ease, it has a spring steel tplate, I have never had one on a car.
The car has a green center shock spring, from what I have seen in the past the green spring seems too heavy with the tplate acting more as a spring than a fiberglass one. I haven't run the car yet, so I don't know. With the collar all of the way down it still seems heavy. I can get the set up numbers that I usually start with on my other cars f/r, l/r, cross.
Anybody have any experience with spring steel tplates. I haven't run the car yet.
Thanks
HAVE TO WATCH THE SPRING STEEL PLATES. THEY CAN GET THE SLIGHTEST BIT BENT AND HAVE YOU CAR ACTING ALL WEIRD. NOT SAYING THAT THEY AREN'T ANY GOOD, THEY JUST HAVE A TENDENCY TO MAKE THE ILL HANDLING AFTER THEY ARE DAMAGED AND YOU JUST ABOUT HAVE TO TAKE THEM OFF TO NOTICE THEY HAVE BEEN BENT.
Old 04-15-2007, 02:12 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

You could go to Finishline R/C's web site...find the contact info for Rick

Finishline sells a really good spring steel plate, and he may be able to help you with set up information.

http://www.finishlinerc.com/