Will there ever be a 1/8th scale Electric onroad car

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2010, 01:53 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bvalistic
just would like to share my project ...

test run will be at greater la track this weekend
Saw this car last Sat. It was very fast out of the corners with a lot of punch. However, it was short on gearing for the straight. Needs a 2nd gear. If Tekin can produce software for their 1/8th set up similar to the v203 software on the RS, this car would be a rocket.

Looking at it much closer shows that the top plate and side pods are made out of spring steel so its quite durable. Only problem was the batter mounting using tape was very slow. If there can be a system that allows the battery to be pre-mounted to an adaptor that plugs in and plugs out of the chassis then quick battery changes can be possible. Perhaps someone can perfect that.
Old 05-10-2010, 01:58 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by YR4Dude
Saw this car last Sat. It was very fast out of the corners with a lot of punch. However, it was short on gearing for the straight. Needs a 2nd gear. If Tekin can produce software for their 1/8th set up similar to the v203 software on the RS, this car would be a rocket.
I agree on the Turbo Timing / Timing Boost feature for the RX8!! Email Ty or Jim at Tekin and suggest (request?) this be put on the RX8 (assuming the hardware can accomodate the software)
Old 05-10-2010, 02:02 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Looking at it much closer shows that the top plate and side pods are made out of spring steel so its quite durable. Only problem was the batter mounting using tape was very slow. If there can be a system that allows the battery to be pre-mounted to an adaptor that plugs in and plugs out of the chassis then quick battery changes can be possible. Perhaps someone can perfect that.
thanks for the input yr4dude! well i just ordered my 20t and 21t pinion...i ran the box stock 46t spur and 17t pinion and it's just topping off at the middle of our straight away...the car works great, it is balanced and turns really quick on chicane...i just copied exactly the same set-up as my nitro car and it works...temp wise after running 4 mins is 117 degrees...way to much room to gear up...i will be running this again next weekend and will do some videos...
Old 05-10-2010, 02:10 PM
Tech Addict

Default turbo

Originally Posted by East Bay Pete
I agree on the Turbo Timing / Timing Boost feature for the RX8!! Email Ty or Jim at Tekin and suggest (request?) this be put on the RX8 (assuming the hardware can accomodate the software)
i think just by gearing up , it will cure the top end...but turbo timing / timing boost will be a great add-on feature...
Old 05-10-2010, 02:15 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Norman2
Hi, I am attaching photos of the Kyosho Interno GT2 which Fine Design
converts to BL electric. From what I understand and depending on which
motor, Neu, etc and lipos it is pretty fast. Just for info. Regards
Norman2
That looks nice but I actually like the Kyosho conversion better I think.
Old 05-10-2010, 02:18 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by bvalistic
thanks for the input yr4dude! well i just ordered my 20t and 21t pinion...i ran the box stock 46t spur and 17t pinion and it's just topping off at the middle of our straight away...the car works great, it is balanced and turns really quick on chicane...i just copied exactly the same set-up as my nitro car and it works...temp wise after running 4 mins is 117 degrees...way to much room to gear up...i will be running this again next weekend and will do some videos...
Hey bvalistic...was 4 minutes the total run time before the batteries were out? If not, what's the total run time? Remind me...4S and what mAh?
Old 05-10-2010, 02:53 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

These conversions look quite nice! Has anyone actually ran a 966e which is available now? This would be a fun class no doubt!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p4WZA1FbYho

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H88kGIj9IUA&NR=1
Old 05-10-2010, 02:57 PM
Tech Addict

Default run time

Hey bvalistic...was 4 minutes the total run time before the batteries were out? If not, what's the total run time? Remind me...4S and what mAh?
no, and sorry for the confusion...i just stop testing the stock set-up at 4 minutes...i was testing at full capacity while i was in the infield section and bliping the throtle while i was at the straight...i will be doing the complete testing next week and give you guys an update..my batteries are all 5000mah
Old 05-10-2010, 03:12 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

Why use spring steel instead graphite plate? Just curious.

Thanks.
Old 05-10-2010, 08:41 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default ...

Wow I can't wait to get mine in the mail this week and order up the E-conversion. Looks good Don Keep us posted....
Old 05-10-2010, 09:18 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by KostaG
Why use spring steel instead graphite plate? Just curious.

Thanks.
If you look at how the battery plate is mounted, if that were graphite plate, it would easily snap upon an kind of impact. The fact that it is spring steel would result in the battery pods bouncing back instead of getting all bent resulting in the battery packs dragging and affecting handling resulting from a side impact.
Old 05-10-2010, 10:45 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

What happened to the Empire rc conversion for the Kyosho Evolva?
Old 05-11-2010, 12:36 AM
Tech Apprentice

Hey guys, I'm pretty close to working out availability for the pieces needed to convert the Kyosho Evolva or M3. Actually, the car parts are all designed, I'm just waiting on feedback from my battery supplier since this is a custom-sized, custom-made pack.

If you're interested in buying the pieces, let me know. Obviously, the more interest I have, the cheaper I can get the pieces manufactured.

Old 05-11-2010, 06:13 AM
Tech Elite

Just got our 2650 mh 5S packs yesterday so our Timezone E-mugen will hit the track again this sunday....

this is a shot from last year with 4s packs and a speed pasion speedo.... which by the way did not work.
Attached Thumbnails Will there ever be a 1/8th scale Electric onroad car-photo-1.jpg  
Old 05-11-2010, 09:24 AM
Tech Champion

Hey guys, I'm pretty close to working out availability for the pieces needed to convert the Kyosho Evolva or M3. Actually, the car parts are all designed, I'm just waiting on feedback from my battery supplier since this is a custom-sized, custom-made pack.

If you're interested in buying the pieces, let me know. Obviously, the more interest I have, the cheaper I can get the pieces manufactured.

That looks like a clean setup. How easy are the battery changes?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.