Old 04-22-2009, 01:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 80 (100%+)

photos of your set up please

--pakk
Old 04-22-2009, 01:37 PM
Tech Elite

Will do...

The car is back over at the shop getting a slight layshaft mod. and Like I said the UPS truck will be here with the new electronics tomorrow, so I will snap some shots and hopefully a video in action (again) for you tomorrow night.
Old 04-22-2009, 03:48 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

like this? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gGlx5_-r1rU
Old 04-22-2009, 07:01 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Here is my OFNA DM-1 Spec brushless conversion. I still have to do a little work but she is just about done . . .

Old 04-24-2009, 07:23 AM
Tech Elite

Here are a couple shots of our approach to an MRX3 conversion. we are running (2) 7.4v 2s packs. as mentioned tried it with a 3.5 and fried the speedo on the first run. now have a second speedo, and a 5.5. ran it on the carpet last night and seemed to still get a bit hot. will have it outdoors this afternoon. hopefull the wide open track and some air floow will cool it down. was super quick on the carpet last night though.

will try and get some video of it this afternoon.
Attached Thumbnails Will there ever be a 1/8th scale Electric onroad car-photo.jpg   Will there ever be a 1/8th scale Electric onroad car-photo-1.jpg  
Old 04-24-2009, 08:45 AM
wwoodruff

Originally Posted by YoDog
Here's some pics of the custom parts I made.
Are you interested in selling your motor mounts ?

Old 04-24-2009, 09:04 AM
wwoodruff

Originally Posted by dangerwr
Dang! 70mph is pretty fast Yo! I will start out geared at ~60mph on a Neu 1512/1.5D geared 16/51 on 4S LiPo. Attached is a photo of the conversion I am doing currently . . .

I converted a Inferno GT into electric with a Novak conversion. It worked really well. I sold it so I could do another one with a GT 2(longer and more room for batteries.) I plan to use a Tekin RX8 speed control this time. so I can run 5s or 6s. Higher voltage is more efficient and runs cooler.

Old 04-24-2009, 09:06 AM
wwoodruff

Here are some pictures, I ran 2s2p x2 4000mah batteries and had no problems.

Old 04-24-2009, 09:07 AM
wwoodruff

Old 04-24-2009, 09:10 AM
wwoodruff

No 2 speed or brakes needed, not even a receiver pack. There is a spool in place of a diff in the center. When I do it again, I will run a one way setup off the center diff or at the front outdrives with a spool also, the same as an 1/8 onroad. I never raced it but It was so easy to drive it would have been cheating.

Old 04-24-2009, 09:38 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Default E'volva

That's a very clean job there WWoodruff!

I've dropped my motor mount aspirations to take on a more complete onroad solution.
I've attached a few jpegs of what I'm working on.

This will be a real world conversion for the Kyosho Evolva.
I'm calling it the E'volva.
It will include a new chassis, motor mount, right side stiffener, a 2 piece top deck, removable battery tray (Losi), spacers for the top deck to accomodate larger battery configurations, front shaft bearing block and 2 new belts (front and side), along with a few other components.
This will allow the racer to run most off the shelf battery packs from 2S to 6S (depending on capacity and C rating). The max battery dimensions should be about 140mm X 48mm X 46mm.
I'm working on cost quotes and the first prototype at the moment and I hope to have kits ready by the middle of summer.

The 3rd image is of an alternate belt layout that I am about 60% done with.

I'd love to hear your feedback and any suggestions you may have.
Attached Thumbnails Will there ever be a 1/8th scale Electric onroad car-evolva-42309.jpg   Will there ever be a 1/8th scale Electric onroad car-evolva-42309-bott.jpg   Will there ever be a 1/8th scale Electric onroad car-evolva-alternate-belt-42409.jpg  
Old 04-24-2009, 09:44 AM
wwoodruff

Thanks for the pics and update. From the looks of things you don't need my help. Going with 1/8 scale buggy size battery is a good move, they are only going to become more common and cheaper. Please keep me updated, I would like to be the first on your list to test a complete conversion. Scotty Barrera lives in town, I have no doubt he would be willing to give it a Pro's opinion on how it drives.

Old 04-24-2009, 09:46 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Hmmm,

Here's mine :

It's a sacker with Kyosho GT1/2 bits bolted on & only 1 speed. Intention here is to use it for speed runs. Target around 89mph.

Regards,
Joe Ling
Old 04-24-2009, 09:46 AM
Tech Elite

Oh yeah,
I forgot to mention.

If someone wants to buy the motor mount from my MRX3 project, I'll let it go for $40 shipped.
It is bored out especially for the HV Novak line of motors.

Paypal please.
Old 04-24-2009, 09:58 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by wwoodruff
Thanks for the pics and update. From the looks of things you don't need my help. Going with 1/8 scale buggy size battery is a good move, they are only going to become more common and cheaper. Please keep me updated, I would like to be the first on your list to test a complete conversion. Scotty Barrera lives in town, I have no doubt he would be willing to give it a Pro's opinion on how it drives.
Thanks Bud, The battery footprint should be pretty standard across all car batteries. It's just the height that will determine the cell count. I should clarify that the battery tray is from the Losi JRXS Type R. Also,
getting hold of a pro for testing won't be a problem as I live in California.
I race with quite a few 1/8 pros like Kimbrow and Swagger.

If this goes over well, there may soon be an M3 version.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.