R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Oval, Larger Scales and More

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-06-2009, 10:07 AM   #211
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Sunnyvale, Ca
Posts: 1,254
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by John St.Amant View Post
I won't argue the quality on the castle stuff. I have a few of their products and I'm very pleased with them. I have to submit that the new Tekin speedo that was specifically designed for 1/8th applications will be the unit to have.
Just my $0.02.
LRP, Orion and all the usuals are coming out with 1/8th controllers as well. The technology has a long way to go before the statement "the unit to have" has any relevance. Each product/designer will have strengths and weakness - it is best we remain open minded and learn as much as possible. -
Rich Browne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 10:28 AM   #212
Tech Champion
 
Solara's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Chicago Illinois USA
Posts: 9,063
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to Solara Send a message via AIM to Solara
Default

Unfortunately it is an expensive class to explore...foams are getting cheaper and we can use the last year model used chassis to start. But popping speedo, motor and lipo (if accident happen) will get very expensive..

But please don't let these factor slow you guys down...1/8th MUST GO ELECTRIC and run at least 20 minutes per batteries pack. (in my opinion...)
__________________
SPEED PASSION - King Golden, Speed Passion USA, Speed Power, Hirosaka Pro Products, East Coast Bodies, Awesomatix USA, Roche USA, Schumacher Racing, Hurricane Motorsports, Serpent America, Sweep Racing USA. http://www.spautomobile.com/en/index.asp (SPEED PASSION AUTOMOTIVE)
NEW Speed Power/Speed Passion direct sale site - http://shop.speedpowerrc.com/
Solara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 10:37 AM   #213
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Sunnyvale, Ca
Posts: 1,254
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solara View Post
Unfortunately it is an expensive class to explore...foams are getting cheaper and we can use the last year model used chassis to start. But popping speedo, motor and lipo (if accident happen) will get very expensive..

But please don't let these factor slow you guys down...1/8th MUST GO ELECTRIC and run at least 20 minutes per batteries pack. (in my opinion...)
We are happy to make sure our combo's will stay together. That is the approach we had with the e1/8th off road. Our stuff is damn tough - no failures and tested like mad. Anyone who has been around us much knows we like to win - failure, well, isn't accepted to well in our camp. That is a massive understatement!
Rich Browne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 02:53 PM   #214
Tech Elite
 
MAD916's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: La Center Seca
Posts: 3,117
Default

Got to keep the Timezone Racing E-MRX3 on the post also guys..... we have made huge progress and will have the RX-8 along with the Neu and speed pasion soltuions back on the track at end of week, and the Eagle tree system is ready to install.

Our conversion is a layshaft, and radio tray conversion. along with planned use of a prototype 4s 7000mh packs coming soon. It's great to have some folks taking the designs into thier own hands and will be curious to see the outcome.

we also do not accept failure, and have our two test facilites where we are spending hours working towards the goal.....
__________________
Timezone Raceway Park " on-road outdoor european style road course.
Timezone II 60'x100' indoor carpet track. Host of the ROAR 2011 Carpet Nat's.
Timezonehobbies.com your new source for online RC products.
MAD916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 03:16 PM   #215
Tech Champion
 
Solara's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Chicago Illinois USA
Posts: 9,063
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to Solara Send a message via AIM to Solara
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAD916 View Post
Got to keep the Timezone Racing E-MRX3 on the post also guys..... we have made huge progress and will have the RX-8 along with the Neu and speed pasion soltuions back on the track at end of week, and the Eagle tree system is ready to install.

Our conversion is a layshaft, and radio tray conversion. along with planned use of a prototype 4s 7000mh packs coming soon. It's great to have some folks taking the designs into thier own hands and will be curious to see the outcome.

we also do not accept failure, and have our two test facilites where we are spending hours working towards the goal.....
Nope...you were not forgotten, please keep posting pictures and video about your design/program, along with the west coast Empire gang, then the YoDog version...and the rest of the eM3, or Mugen, or Serpent.....etc. Pretty soon, I am sure I will lost track of whos what and whats who...and what... (see I am confused already...LOL)
__________________
SPEED PASSION - King Golden, Speed Passion USA, Speed Power, Hirosaka Pro Products, East Coast Bodies, Awesomatix USA, Roche USA, Schumacher Racing, Hurricane Motorsports, Serpent America, Sweep Racing USA. http://www.spautomobile.com/en/index.asp (SPEED PASSION AUTOMOTIVE)
NEW Speed Power/Speed Passion direct sale site - http://shop.speedpowerrc.com/
Solara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 08:25 PM   #216
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: MI
Posts: 1,544
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to John St.Amant Send a message via MSN to John St.Amant Send a message via Yahoo to John St.Amant
Default

Well I got to see this car in motion today and with the smallest pinion on it .. it looked like fun on our 100 foot straight. a few guys commented to me how they could get into that (love the not the nitro car deal). granted the track was a bit small for it but still it was enough to impress . Seems to me all we need is a few more of them and then we can race!
__________________
Pro-Line Racing , Boca Bearings , Competition Heat.
Team Durango DEX210, DEX410V3, DESC410R, DNX408
Futaba FAAST 2.4 4PkS, LRP, Tekin, Xcellorin
John St.Amant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 08:26 PM   #217
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: MI
Posts: 1,544
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to John St.Amant Send a message via MSN to John St.Amant Send a message via Yahoo to John St.Amant
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Browne View Post
LRP, Orion and all the usuals are coming out with 1/8th controllers as well. The technology has a long way to go before the statement "the unit to have" has any relevance. Each product/designer will have strengths and weakness - it is best we remain open minded and learn as much as possible. -
Looks like the motor is what you need to have in Brushless doesn't it...
__________________
Pro-Line Racing , Boca Bearings , Competition Heat.
Team Durango DEX210, DEX410V3, DESC410R, DNX408
Futaba FAAST 2.4 4PkS, LRP, Tekin, Xcellorin
John St.Amant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 11:55 AM   #218
Tech Champion
 
Solara's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Chicago Illinois USA
Posts: 9,063
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to Solara Send a message via AIM to Solara
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by John St.Amant View Post
Well I got to see this car in motion today and with the smallest pinion on it .. it looked like fun on our 100 foot straight. a few guys commented to me how they could get into that (love the not the nitro car deal). granted the track was a bit small for it but still it was enough to impress . Seems to me all we need is a few more of them and then we can race!
Whos car are you referring..?
__________________
SPEED PASSION - King Golden, Speed Passion USA, Speed Power, Hirosaka Pro Products, East Coast Bodies, Awesomatix USA, Roche USA, Schumacher Racing, Hurricane Motorsports, Serpent America, Sweep Racing USA. http://www.spautomobile.com/en/index.asp (SPEED PASSION AUTOMOTIVE)
NEW Speed Power/Speed Passion direct sale site - http://shop.speedpowerrc.com/
Solara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 12:19 PM   #219
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: MI
Posts: 1,544
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to John St.Amant Send a message via MSN to John St.Amant Send a message via Yahoo to John St.Amant
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solara View Post
Whos car are you referring..?
The car Rick Davis is tweaking with all the Empire gadgets on it.
__________________
Pro-Line Racing , Boca Bearings , Competition Heat.
Team Durango DEX210, DEX410V3, DESC410R, DNX408
Futaba FAAST 2.4 4PkS, LRP, Tekin, Xcellorin
John St.Amant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 04:40 PM   #220
Tech Master
 
YoDog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Lompoc, Ca.
Posts: 1,638
Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default

Hey guys, the E'volva chassis is almost done!

I'll be finishing the bottom side on Monday and then it's off for anodizing.
Attached Thumbnails
Will there ever be a 1/8th scale Electric onroad car-iphone-179.jpg  
YoDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 06:16 PM   #221
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Sunnyvale, Ca
Posts: 1,254
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoDog View Post
Hey guys, the E'volva chassis is almost done!

I'll be finishing the bottom side on Monday and then it's off for anodizing.
SWEET!!!!
Rich Browne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 08:40 PM   #222
Tech Elite
 
dangerwr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Boulder, CO
Posts: 2,245
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderbt3 View Post
Whoa, chill out. Just comparing nitro vs nitro. You cant run rubber tires on true 1/8 onroad cars (MRX4, M3, 960, etc...), foam only. I also never said silicone filled center diffs. True 1/8 onroad cars don't have diffs at all.
I must apologize for coming off so abrasive. Never was I seeking your approval either. A real 1/8th scale remote control car is exactly that--1/8th the size of a real one. I would love to meet your "real" 1/8th electric deal-i-o. My Dm-1 will absolutely shame you and your, what I suspect, low budget conversion. I can rest assured that I have been switching to nitro to electric as long as you have been chewing on crayons. How'd thet be? Worm.
__________________
-------------------------
Losi 8ight 2.0 EP - MMM & Tekin 1900Kv
Losi 8ight-T 2.0 EP - MMM & Tekin 1550Kv
Durango DEX410 - Orion R10 Pro & 8.5T
TLR 22 - Orion R10 Pro & 13.5T
dangerwr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 11:16 PM   #223
Tech Adept
 
tjompa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 192
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Hi everyone!
I also wanted a 1/8 track brushless racer so i decided to build it myself.
It was pretty easy after all with some help from some friends.
Spec:
Kyosho evolva 05
Desirepower lipo´s 2*3s
Neu/mamba 2200kv motor.
Mamba monster max.
The battery holder is made out of carbon that a friend has laminated.
I have build this car for tracks and not for top speed but it went pretty fast anyway.
I think 1/8 track bl is the baddest car i ever drove, this is a sick monster.
//Tomas
Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AvBKtGA8NBM

tjompa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 05:46 AM   #224
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: MI
Posts: 1,544
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to John St.Amant Send a message via MSN to John St.Amant Send a message via Yahoo to John St.Amant
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dangerwr View Post
I must apologize for coming off so abrasive. Never was I seeking your approval either. A real 1/8th scale remote control car is exactly that--1/8th the size of a real one. I would love to meet your "real" 1/8th electric deal-i-o. My Dm-1 will absolutely shame you and your, what I suspect, low budget conversion. I can rest assured that I have been switching to nitro to electric as long as you have been chewing on crayons. How'd thet be? Worm.
As far as speed goes you may be right but I highly doubt that your "buggy conversion" could hold a candle to a PROPER 1/8th car.
And for the size of it you may want to check out the actual size of said car . Lola's are quite small in comparison to a rally car or sedan.
__________________
Pro-Line Racing , Boca Bearings , Competition Heat.
Team Durango DEX210, DEX410V3, DESC410R, DNX408
Futaba FAAST 2.4 4PkS, LRP, Tekin, Xcellorin
John St.Amant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 11:11 AM   #225
Tech Master
 
YoDog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Lompoc, Ca.
Posts: 1,638
Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default

Ok guys,
this thread was not meant to create a debate over what qualifies as an 1/8 on road car. Those in the know will always prevail on the track. At this point, there's no point is a pissing match when we are so lucky to have the few of us that love larger scale on road racing. (Meaning not 1/10th or 1/12th that dominate the market). Let's all be thankful that we have each other to bounce ideas off of and enjoy the passion that we have for this hobby.
I just hope that someday, hopefully soon, we will have the opportunity to talk smack and rib each other as to who has the best car on the track. But till then, lets agree to keep things positive so that we can see a plethora of ideas and conversions to be shared a discussed on this thread.

Agreed?

P.S. I think my car will smoke them all or at least SMOKE!
YoDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
WTT Nitro onroad 4 electric onroad rswartz R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 0 02-16-2008 05:22 AM
WTT: 1/10th scale electric offroad for onroad... M2_Driver R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 7 10-22-2007 06:48 AM
Electric heli and 1/5 scale onroad F/S... Nitrobuzzard R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 3 08-18-2007 07:41 PM
1/8 electric onroad?? Saber186 Electric On-Road 2 04-22-2006 10:25 AM
I need electric Onroad xxxssportracer R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 5 05-20-2003 04:00 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 02:32 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net