Search

Baja 5B Problem

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2007, 07:33 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Baja 5B Problem

Hello,
Ive been having a problem with my baja's engine. I cant figure this one out. The engine simply isnt getting any fuel. I tookt he entire carb apart, cleaned it, blew it out, etc. no noticeable marks on the piston possibly from dirt, no loss of compression, etc. and the engine is still making vacuum at the intake manifold. and the spark plug is making spark but fuel does not get inside the engine, and it doesnt even make an attempt at starting.

It was running yesterday, but what would happen is it would start up relatively normally, it took a little extra then usual to start but not much worse. it would run kind of okay, but its low end bog was much worse, and the idle was really low. tuning it wasnt helping. then it eventually stalled after it was run for a few minutes. didnt start again that day. I tried running it today, did the usual start up routine, full choke, pull it till it sputters, it sputtered. then that was it. didnt even make a remote attempt after that. thats when i pulled the carb apart etc.

im puzzled. does anyone have any ideas or have had this kind of problem? im calling HPI tomarrow but if i could get a possible solution before then, i would appreciate it.
Old 02-11-2007, 07:43 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Try replacing fuel lines?
Old 02-11-2007, 08:37 PM
Tech Elite

the fuel lines have been putting fuel through them. i forgot to mention that. and no leaks. and we also cleared out the vent hole in the gas cap. still no luck. also tried starting it without the airfilter on. nothing.

but after priming it, alo, and pulling the **** out of it. the spark plug is always dry and barely visible fuel on the piston. any other ideas?
Old 02-13-2007, 04:34 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

have you ckecked the gas tank for air leaks or possible obstructions??
Old 02-13-2007, 07:12 AM
Tech Elite

there arent any air leaks, the relief hole in the gas cap was clogged but we opened that back up.

I called hPI and they told me to send them the engine so they can look at it, wont have it for Florida but as long as i can get a new engine for free....
Old 02-22-2007, 08:05 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

hey guys,

I received my Baja a few days ago. After running half a tank, I had the same problem. After breaking my head, I discovered the problem!!! For everyone that has a Baja, check the routing of the fuel lines. I discovered that mine had been pinched by the air filter. The clearance under the filter where the lines run is very tight. Apparently the filter moved and the fuel lines got drawn underneath and were pinched by the air filter. I hope this helps someone out there!!!
Old 03-13-2007, 10:09 PM
Tech Elite

are the fuel lines sorta hard or like silicone?

try some aerostart.....