Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2006, 02:56 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Thanks for the info on the spec tires
Old 09-12-2006, 05:28 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Carpet tracks in Florida

Can anyone tell me about carpet tracks around Jacksonville Florida.
Were they are located and contact information.
Old 09-12-2006, 01:38 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

RCgen,
Hw would be my local track altough I've never raced there. I live about 30 min away. I currently race offroad and am getting back into on road and just happend across a deal on this car and a 12th scale. So i was looking to try oval racing. Do you have any set tips for HW?
Old 09-12-2006, 02:00 PM
Tech Regular

The best Pan car (oval) tires on the market are from BSR!

Check them out.....Click the link in my sponsors list.
Old 09-12-2006, 07:54 PM
Tech Master

Zrchobbies: We run three pinks and right front purple. You'll see the orange tires (rc4less) all over the place. Stock rollout for a monster motor is around 2.32. I haven't tried to C027 but from what I understand you can gear higher for the track. Tires are cut down starting at 2.25 to 2.20. I've been running the tires as low as 2.08. Front springs are white, center spring copper, rear springs red and gold or blue and red combo.

1/12 I ran it once and parked the car LOL. Same tire compound and cut down the front a-arms. Tires are run really small. If your at the track, check with John Maher, Bear, Tom Marlowe. They will help you with setup.

I am not racing Friday night since we have the regionals on Saturday at Longwood, Fl (FastTracks Hobbies) The guys at HW especially at the "chicken" coop will help you out and talk to George about racing.
Old 09-12-2006, 08:01 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by LBURKEY
Can anyone tell me about carpet tracks around Jacksonville Florida.
Were they are located and contact information.
Carpet tracks in Florida are generally non existance. We do have occassional events that Mike Boylan puts on at Minnreg. Thunder Chat and of course the Snowbirds

There is one guy trying to get a carpet track started in Jacksonville, but mostly for on road, but will set the track up if there is interest. The track is located off of I-295 and Old Kings Road. Jaxmini.com Its a nice size track. Check out the Florida racing tread. I wish it would catch on.
Old 09-13-2006, 10:44 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (88%+)

guys e-mail me we are looking for team drivers for a fast growing company we are hooked up with parma and darkside, are website is
www.teamfullthrottle.net

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Old 09-13-2006, 11:29 AM
Tech Regular

RCGEN: What body are you guys running out there?
Old 09-13-2006, 04:09 PM
Tech Adept

hey so cal guys i tried tuesday night oval for a year now and the entries went from okey to none so would a saturday night work for more drivers and will the 2nd saturday be good so i could put in a track that is frendly for both sedan and oval and thanks for any feedback
Old 09-13-2006, 04:21 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by zrchobbies
RCGEN: What body are you guys running out there?
The old and reliable 2002 MonteCarlo from protoform. The dodge is not bad also. I haven't tried it yet. Seems like its a matter of choice.
Old 09-13-2006, 06:55 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Slim Pickens
hey so cal guys i tried tuesday night oval for a year now and the entries went from okey to none so would a saturday night work for more drivers and will the 2nd saturday be good so i could put in a track that is frendly for both sedan and oval and thanks for any feedback
Hmm. Second Saturday of Oct wouldn't be any good. Velodrome with SWTour race. http://southwesttour.com/ after that second Saturdays could be possible. What do the Tc guys think about that???????? Most don't like Oval races at THERE track.
Old 09-13-2006, 08:33 PM
Tech Adept

there is not just onroad it is also oval and offroad richard any ways talk to the guys and let me know what days they want to run i just need to know to change the track see you soon
Old 09-14-2006, 08:18 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

2nd Saturdays

Slim,

Our South-West Tour Series targets the 3rd Saturday of the month most of the year. (Sometimes due to holidays or other personal committments this has to be changed).

However, as the season winds down we move up to the 2nd Saturday of Oct. and the First Sat. in November.

This keeps us away from things like Thanksgiving Weekend and still leaves a couple weeks between each of our races. (We've followed that basic schedule for about 8 or 9 years now...)

The rest of the '06 dates are

Sept. 16-17 Phoenix AZ
Oct. 14 - Encino Velodrome
Nov. 5 - Santa Barbara
Dec. 9 - WINTERFEST @ The 'DROME, Encino Velodrome

Projected 07 SWTour Series dates are

Feb. 17
Mar. 17
Apr. 21
May 19
Jun. 17
Jul. 28
Aug. 18
Sept. 15
Oct. 13
Nov. 10
Dec. 8
Old 09-14-2006, 03:56 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Slim Pickens
there is not just onroad it is also oval and offroad richard any ways talk to the guys and let me know what days they want to run i just need to know to change the track see you soon
Yeah, I know Slim. Just the few times I been there running Oval. I hear a few guys complaining about the Oval guys taking from there track time. But really you set it up for one Saturday a month. I'm IN. Jimmy, HRHs runs the first Sunday each month. Maybe the Third or Forth Saturday To work around the SWTour dates. I would Love To Run SoCal once a month. Oh, and the Tc guys. Heck if you set it up. What can they say about.
I'll talk to some of the guys and see what everybody thinks.
Old 09-15-2006, 08:30 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (88%+)

We are on the look out for new team drivers. If you are interested please send me an email at [email protected]
with your racing history.and serious inquires only please.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.