Search

Racer needs help

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2006, 01:16 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Racer needs help

Fellow RC Racer needs help

Hey everybody; one of our own needs a hand. Tim Donley first came to my attention because he was selling off all his RC equipment to raise money for his mother's cancer treatments. I did some checking and this is what I discovered: Tim's mother is in her third round in her fight against cancer. This is the third recurrence; and the third round of treatments. The first two rounds exhausted the family finances. Tim's dad is working seven days a week, trying to pay for his wife's treatments; but it isn't enough. Tim has helped all he can with the money end; but it still isn't enough. So, Tim is selling off all his RC stuff to try to raise money. Tim's mother is undergoing chemotherapy; and she has to have the (very expensive) treatments, or...

This is the sort of thing that can hit any of us; at any time. I'm hoping we can all pull together to try to help Tim and his mother. How? Well, Thunder Road is going to have a "benefit" race in the next couple of months; just as soon as we can arrange it. I'm going to hit up the manufacturer's; and try to get some good door prizes. And, I'll put up some decent prize money. All the proceeds from the race will be sent to Tim, to help with the medical expenses.

Tim didn't ask anyone for help. He isn't asking for anyone's charity. He was simply selling off his stuff to raise some money. But I think there are times when we all could use a little help. And I think there are some things we should all do; simply because they need to be done. So, I'm stepping up to the plate. How about giving me a hand? Thunder Road will host a benefit race; the "Sue Donley Benefit Race". Details will follow shortly. Now... Who else will step up to help? We can do some good; and have fun doing it. If you need details; contact Tim directly. Thanks; Ernie P.

Tim Donley
215 Fine St. Apt. 3
Excelsior Springs, Mo 64024
(816) 630-2889
Old 06-21-2006, 09:58 AM
Tech Regular

Default Sue Rickman Benefit Races and sponsors

Okay; we have two race tracks holding benefit races; three manufacturing sponsors signed on to donate merchandise; and a lot of people sending what few dollars they can afford. We have the opportunity to do something great here; and that doesn't come along very often. Let's keep the ball rolling! Thanks; Ernie P.
Old 06-22-2006, 07:19 PM
Tech Regular

Default Sue Rickman Benefit Race(s) Update

The Sue Rickman Benefit Races on July 22 (Road Course) and 23 (Oval), at Thunder Road RC Speedway in Gordonsville, Virginia are shaping up to be quite the events. Every penny of the $25.00 entry fee will be donated directly to Tim Donley, to aid in his mother's fight with cancer. Thunder Road will be putting up $250.00 in merchandise awards for each race.

A number of racers and teams have pledged to attend; and a host of manufacturers, including Associated, BMI, EAMotorSports, Jaco, SMC, Trinity and others have pledged support. We'll have a lot of door prizes and some really nice raffle items. Fastlane Raceway in Missouri will be holding a benefit race; and Coopers in Chatham, Virginia is checking their calendar. Support for this most worthy cause is strong, and growing every day.

So mark the dates on your racing calendar. It's for a great cause; and it's looking like it will be a great couple of races. Details, directions, maps and more at thunderroadrc.com. Thanks; Ernie P.
Old 06-23-2006, 04:37 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

We are going to have an online raffle. All the sponsors that were mentioned before are going to send merchandise to be raffeled off. More detailes on that to come later. We will post all that is going to be raffeled. I am going to use my paypal address as to where you send your money for a ticket or tickets, I will print off your name how many times you bought a ticket. Those tickets will be put in a hat for my mom to draw the names. I will post the results of who won what and then contact the sponsor and give them your shipping address and they will ship it direct to you. It is that easy, We need to keep this thread alive and at the top the more people who say they will be their the better. We need to give kudos to all the sponsors who donate merchandise to this great cause. Be sure when you get your ticket to send your address with it aswell incase you win something. I believe Shane is going to contact all the sponsors to see what they are going to donate, So we can post it later. I am going to talk to shane about how long this is going to go on for, but I think sometime in mid August we will draw names. That way we have pleanty of time for people to get onboard.

I would like to thank all of those who have said a prayer for my mom, and to all the sponsors who steped up to the plate for this cause. It shows who really cares for the hobby and its people involved in it.

Thanks Tim Donley
Old 06-24-2006, 03:32 AM
Tech Regular

Default Sue Rickman Benefit Raffle

Good idea, Tim. I'll help spread the word; and sell you some raffle tickets. Heck, I'll even buy a few! How about posting your Paypal address? The raffle tickets are $5.00 each, right? Thanks; Ernie P.
Old 06-24-2006, 05:45 AM
Tech Master

Yes Ernie they will be $5.00 dollars a piece, Hey guys if you are wanting to buy Raffle tickets I can not do it through paypal any longer. I just got off the phone with them they are going to close my account if I continue to go through them, It seems you cant use paypal for raffles. So Payment will have to be made in the form of check, cash, money order, postal money order. Sorry for the inconvince I am starting to not like paypal anymore.

We should have alot of good stuff to raffel off.

Last edited by LOSIMANJRXS; 07-30-2006 at 03:00 PM.
Old 06-25-2006, 06:57 AM
Tech Master

Yes tickets are for sale now. I have sold 2 already lets keep it going. Still no word on what is going to be up for grabs
Old 06-25-2006, 06:29 PM
Tech Master

I would like to Thank Jonathan Anderson for his support. He has 2 tickets
ever thought he said he didnt want them. And thanks for being a sponsor.

I would also like to Thank Thomas Brown for his support. He has 2 tickets
Old 06-26-2006, 03:54 PM
Tech Master

I would like to say thanks to Jonathan Kerr, He has 4 tickets

I would like to say thanks to Randall Burke, He has 4 tickets. I am glad to hear that you are putting on a race aswell.

I would like to say thanks to Jay Simpson, He has 4 tickets.

I would like to thank Greg Sharp, He has 2 tickets

This is starting to pick up, Lets keep it going guys
Thanks for all the support.
Tim Donley

Last edited by LOSIMANJRXS; 06-26-2006 at 04:51 PM.
Old 06-26-2006, 03:58 PM
Tech Master

I would like to thank Andrew smith for the support. He has 1 ticket
Old 06-27-2006, 11:59 PM
Tech Regular

Default Sponsor update

Good news on the sponsor front. Integy and Darkside have signed on as sponsors for the Sue Rickman Benefit Races, July 22nd (Road Course) and 23rd (Oval), at Thunder Road RC Speedway, in Gordonsville, VA. That makes the current sponsor list Associated, BMI, Darkside, EAMotorSports, Integy, Jaco, SMC and Trinity. Details of the upcoming races can be found at thunderroadrc.com.

On the subject of sponsorship: The above mentioned sponsors have agreed to sponsor the Sue Rickman Benefit Races at Thunder Road. I will contact them, and ask if they would split their sponsorship donations between Thunder Road and Fastlane Raceway in Blue Springs, MO. Fastlane is Tim’s home track; and they have now agreed to set up a Sue Rickman Benefit Race. Exact details are not yet set, but will be in the near future.

By spreading the (donated) wealth around a bit; we will hopefully raise more money for Tim’s mother. However, we must bear in mind that none of the sponsors are bound by anything beyond their personal desire to assist in this most worthy cause. At Thunder Road, we will use smaller items as door prizes; and any large items (kits, lathes, etc) will be raffled or auctioned off.

Tim Donley and Fastlane will be running an internet raffle (see separate postings here). I’m hoping the various sponsors will see fit to donate a few larger items to the raffle; but again, we’re dependent upon their good will. Whatever they decide to donate will be put to good use; and will be very much appreciated.

Support for Sue Rickman (Tim’s mom) is coming in a number of fashions. Racers have been sending Tim checks; the sale of raffle tickets is building steadily; sponsors are still signing on; and we have two tracks holding benefit races, with two more trying to get a race organized. This is turning into a genuine happening! Stay tuned. Thanks; Ernie P.
Old 06-28-2006, 05:16 PM
Tech Master

I would like to Thank Billy Spence for his support, He has 2 tickets.

I would like to Thank Rick King for his support, He has 3 tickets
Old 06-30-2006, 03:34 PM
Tech Master

I would like to Thank Stonei Mullins for his support. He has 2 tickets

I would like to Thank Neil Cahill for his support. He has 10 tickets

I will be starting a new thread pretty soon with all the raffel items and details. Thanks Tim D.
Old 07-01-2006, 07:39 AM
Tech Master

I would like to Thank Oliver Clipper for his support he has 10 tickets

I would like to Thank Terry Dalton for his support he has 4 tickets

Guys this is going good thanks to all so far, the help is very much appreciated. Tim D.
Old 07-03-2006, 07:18 AM
Tech Regular

Default JACO/SMC

Good news! I just talked with the nice folks at JACO and SMC. They have agreed to support the Sue Rickman Benefit Races at Thunder Road and Fastlane Raceway; *AND* to support the on line raffle. So, Tim will be receiving a box of JACO and SMC goodies to add to the raffle awards. Thanks; Ernie P.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.