Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > For Sale/Trade Forums > Other Items: For Sale/Trade or Wanted to Buy
AUTOGRAPHED!!!USS HORNET NASCAR DIECAST RACING TRUCK VERY RARE!! LOOK >

AUTOGRAPHED!!!USS HORNET NASCAR DIECAST RACING TRUCK VERY RARE!! LOOK

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AUTOGRAPHED!!!USS HORNET NASCAR DIECAST RACING TRUCK VERY RARE!! LOOK

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2011, 12:14 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 65 (99%+)
Default AUTOGRAPHED!!!USS HORNET NASCAR DIECAST RACING TRUCK VERY RARE!! LOOK

$40.00 shipped

RACING CHAMPIONS
USS HORNET DODGE NASCAR TRUCK 1/24TH
MEASUREMENTS ARE AROUND: 11inches long, 3.5 wide, and 3.5 tall (opening hood and very detailed)
AUTOGRAPHED BY DRIVER: SHANE RIFFEL
THIS TRUCK IS VERY RARE AND IS NO LONGER IN PRODUCTION. THIS IS THE PERFECT GIFT FOR THAT TRUE COLLECTOR!!! THE USS HORNET MUSEUM IS EVEN SOLD OUT AND IS NO LONGER ABLE TO GET THEM
GOOD LUCK BIDDING AND IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS PLEASE FEEL FREE TO ASK

*YOU ARE BUYING THIS RIGHT FROM SHANE RIFFEL AND SHANE RIFFEL RACING. I'M VERY PROUD TO BE ABLE TO OFFER THIS RARE ITEM TO YOU, MY GRANDFATHER SERVED ON THE USS HORNET AND MADE A CAREER OUT OF SERVING FOR THE NAVY, IF IT WASN'T FOR HIM AND HIS LOVE FOR THE NAVY AND WATCHING ME RACE NONE OF THIS WOULD HAVE EVER BEEN POSSIBLE. MY GRANDFATHER PASSED AWAY IN 2001 AND WE WE'RE VERY HONORED TO BE ABLE TO GO TO THE HORNET IN CA. AND SPREAD HIS ASHES OUT TO SEA OFF THE HORNET, BECAUSE OF THE RELATIONSHIP MY GRANDFATHER HAD WITH THE HORNET WE WERE ABLE TO PUT TOGETHER A RACING PROGRAM BACK IN 2002. I'M OFFERING A FEW TRUCKS I HAVE LEFT. IF YOU ARE EVER IN ALAMEDA, CA. PLEASE GO BY AND SUPPORT THE USS HORNET MUSEUM.
since you are buying this item from me, I can get you one with no signature or sign one in a different place or on the box, please let me know. I can even personalize it for you any way you would like.

HERE IS A LITTLE HISTORY OF THE USS HORNET:
Heritage

THE TWO HUNDRED YEAR LEGACY OF HORNET

The aircraft carrier Hornet (CV-12) is the eighth ship of the United Stated Navy to bear the name. Six earlier Hornets date from 1775, but CV-12’s greatest legacy comes from the seventh Hornet (CV-8).

1775 - The first Hornet is christened. Hornet would become one of the most distinguished names in American naval history with her performance in the Revolutionary War. The first two ships in the new Continental Navy were Hornet and Wasp.

1805 - In a one hour gun battle, the second Hornet, along with another sloop, battered the canons at the citadel at Djerna, damaging one of the walls enough to allow the Marines to rush over it and capture the citadel, thus deciding the war with the Barbary Pirates.

1942 - The seventh Hornet (CV-8) launched 16 Army B-25s to strike the Japanese home islands in one of the most daring raids in the history of warfare -- the "Doolittle Raid." She went on to fight at the Battle of Midway and was lost to an overwhelming air attack at the Battle of Santa Cruz.

1943 - The eighth Hornet (CV-12) was commissioned just 15 months after her keel was laid.

USS HORNET CV-12: THE LEGACY CONTINUES

The USS Hornet CV-12 is one of the 24 legendary Essex-class aircraft carriers built during and after World War II. Built at Newport News, Virginia, and the eighth ship to be named “Hornet,” she is one of the most decorated ships of the US Navy.

For 16 continuous months Hornet was in action in the forward areas of the Pacific combat zone, sometimes within 40 miles of the Japanese home islands.

* Under air attack 59 times, she was never seriously damaged.
* Her aircraft destroyed 1,410 Japanese aircraft, only Essex exceeded this record.
* Her air groups destroyed or damaged 1,269,710 tons of enemy shipping.
* 72 enemy aircraft shot down in one day during the famous “Great Marianas Turkey Shoot.”
* 10 Hornet pilots attained "Ace in a Day" status.
* 255 aircraft shot down in a month.
* 30 of 42 VF-2 Hellcat pilots were aces.
* Supported nearly every Pacific amphibious landing after March 1944.
* Scored the critical first hits in sinking the super battleship YAMATO.
* Launched the first carrier aircraft strikes in support of the liberation of the Philippine Islands.
* In 1945 launched the first strikes against Tokyo since the 1942 Doolittle Raid.

"A HERITAGE OF EXCELLENCE" is the ship's creed:

Hornet participated in World War II, the Vietnam War, and the first moon missions.

* Earned 9 battle stars for her service in WWII
* Awarded the Presidential Unit Citation for her WWII operations (only nine carriers so cited).
* Flawlessly recovered the Apollo 11 space capsule and the first men to walk on the moon. A few months later, she also recovered the Apollo 12 capsule and its all-Navy crew; 1969
* USS Hornet (CVS-12) is designated a National Historic Landmark; 1991
* Hornet opens to the public as an aircraft carrier museum in Alameda, California; 1998
* USS Hornet is designated a State Historic Landmark; 1999.
* The F/A-18 strike fighter carries on the name of Hornet in today's NAVY.

HORNET IS A TREASURE OF OUR NATION

I WILL SHIP OVER SEAS BUT THE BUYER PAYS ADDITIONAL SHIPPING CHARGES.

THANKS AGAIN FOR LOOKING AND IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS PLEASE FEEL FREE TO EMAIL ME: [email protected]