Wiki Posts
Search

HP LX195 MediaSmart Home Server

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2010, 04:01 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default HP LX195 MediaSmart Home Server

I have been running this machine for right at a year now and i think i have restarted it 3-4 times total. (twice for software installs) It ran 24/7 in a ventilated entertainment center and was used to stream media to my Xbox 360 and other wireless pc's. The only reason i am selling is because i recently built a dedicated htpc. This is a great little server to use if you need a central location to back up your media or personal files. It comes with a slick interface and is accessible from the web if you choose to set it up that way. The software is very easy to use and if you don't need any real computer knowledge to set it up. If you have a wireless router already then all you have to do is connect this via ethernet and bam, any wireless or wired network device (laptops, xbox, ps3, etc) can access it as network storage. Expansion is as simple as plugging in a usb external drive. It says hey do you want to use this drive as a backup or expand your current storage and thats it. You can read more about it here.

http://www.amazon.com/HP-LX195-Media.../dp/B0021L9HKK

The only thing i changed in mine was to swap out the stock ram for a 2Gb stick of Corsair XMS2

Trades considered but i am really looking for $200 plus actual shipping.

Pics up later but its in perfect shape and will come with a fresh restore.