Like Tree10Likes

Werks Racing GT Engine

Old 03-08-2017, 11:02 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Werks Racing GT Engine

Hi guys I thought that I would put up a quick thread about our new GT engine that we are now launching across all of our markets. We've been test marketing and developing this in South America the last few months but we've had such great results racing with it and are starting to see interest in the GT class grow quite dramatically so we have decided to also offer the product in our other markets.

For those that may not be familiar with our company Werks Racing actually started off as a heavily on-road oriented company starting back in 2000. We were the first company to introduce 5 port .12 engines to the market, we were the Kawahara importer for the US and started the whole outlaw touring class thing with the 200mm Lola bodies, solid rear axles and multi port engines etc. We imported Collari and Picco engines as well as fielded the on-road racing team for Picco 1/8th cars for several years with the likes of Darin ishitani, Scotty Kimbrough etc. etc. driving for us. In addition we were really the first company to develop performance optimized high end racing fuel which we won the 1/8th on-road nationals with Kyosho's Joel Johnson running it along with several top racers like Josh Cyrul, Billy Easton etc. who won the Winter Nat's etc with it. So to say that we have a little bit of history in the on-road world would be a fair statement and after having been involved predominately with off-road engine development I was quite excited when we first started discussing this product!

So I'm very happy to introduce the new GT engine from Werks Racing! It's an 5 port EFRA and ROAR legal GT racing engine. We use a lightened, epoxy filled and triple tungsten balanced crank shaft for improved acceleration and vibration reduction. Along with this engine we have also released a new 2068 pipe set to match which offers exceptional performance across the board with excellent fuel economy. Combined at recent race events this has proven to be quite a dominate package exceeding the performance of most other offerings on the market at this time! I have attached a few snap shots of our new GT engine. If you have any questions or require any additional infromation please do not hesitate to ask!
Attached Thumbnails Werks Racing GT Engine-gt-side.jpg   Werks Racing GT Engine-head-button.jpg   Werks Racing GT Engine-crank.jpg  

Last edited by Werks; 03-08-2017 at 10:40 PM.
Old 03-09-2017, 08:14 AM
afm
Tech Master

Great news, and who will carry your products in the USA and when will they be available.

AFM
Old 03-09-2017, 09:43 AM
afm
Tech Master

Bore, Stroke, Crank diameter ????

AFM
Old 03-09-2017, 09:43 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by afm
Great news, and who will carry your products in the USA and when will they be available.

AFM
Hi AFM,

I just sent info over to Great Planes on these, so I would expect them to have them in stock in a few weeks which means just about every hobby shop in the US will have access to them in addition to the traditional mail order companies like Tower Hobbies and A-main Hobbies.

Bore is 17.1mm, stroke is 16.1mm
afm likes this.
Old 03-09-2017, 10:08 AM
afm
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Werks
Hi AFM,

I just sent info over to Great Planes on these, so I would expect them to have them in stock in a few weeks which means just about every hobby shop in the US will have access to them in addition to the traditional mail order companies like Tower Hobbies and A-main Hobbies.

Bore is 17.1mm, stroke is 16.1mm
With that bore and stroke isn´t it more de 3.5cc???....my calculations give me 3.697cc

Afm
Old 03-09-2017, 10:25 PM
Tech Elite

Sorry, I was trying to do two things at once and wrote the numbers down wrong! Correct bore and stroke numbers are:

Bore is 16.1mm
Stroke is 17.1mm

So I had them reversed, again sorry about that!
afm likes this.
Old 03-13-2017, 05:49 PM
Tech Regular

Just a quick update on the performance of the WERKS GT engine at the 1st round of the Brazilian Nationals at the Americana track, the track who hosted the 2015 1/8 Pro World Championship. During 2 out of 3 days, we have been doing very good, but on the final day, luck left us and didn't permit to turn the hard work done in more tangible results. After qualifies, 4 out of 5 WERKS drivers were sitting in the top 10. None of the engines was modified, only work done was on the compression ratio, nothing else. We have been minimally equal to some heavily modded engines in the field in both torque as well as topspeed. During the semifinals, two or our drivers got unlucky and had to abandon the semis due to technical issue with the cars (not the engines), provoked by racing accidents. That left us with two cars in the A-Main, sitting in position 6 and 9. While being in the chase group of the leader, I got t-boned by an another car with that much force that the engine got deslocated and destroyed the clutch shoes, race over for me, while the other driver brought home a 6th place. While the end result doesn't really show the engines performance, we had an awesome first two days and other racers were clearly surprised by the performance and especially top speed of this engine. During 3 days of racing, no single failure on the WERKS engines, no flameouts, no overheating...

I have been testing this engine since last September, and besides being a top engine, the engine has proven as well that it is a very durable engine. The prototype engine was heavily abused during the tests, both in practice as well in racing, and after 5 gallons is still running strong and only now am I changing the conrod because of very little play.

If you are looking to have an edge over the competition, check this engine out!!
Old 03-15-2017, 05:22 AM
Tech Regular

Check out as well www.facebook.com/werksracingbrazil/ for additional information, especially about achievements in race events.
Old 03-18-2017, 06:26 PM
Tech Elite

Just figured that I would pass on some testing information that we got from one of our customers in Puerto Rico from a race on the 5th. Jose just received our new GT engine and 2068 pipe set 2 days before the event so he had to do a real quick break in and the engine was still tight. Although he ultimately broke he did make the finals, lead a big portion of the race and turned the fastest lap! Another thing that was interesting is that as they had radar present we were able to get comparative top speed info on the straightaway and again even though his .21 GT engine was still really tight he had the fastest car at the event hitting 53mph on the straight!

I have to dig through my e-mails but I got information on various different engine models and the speeds they were showing on the radar gun at that event also. I'll find them and post them up shortly for comparison.

Before I forget we also got feedback on run times and with again a tight engine Jose was getting run times with our GT engine of 7:40 a tank, compared to the OS GT at 7:00 and the Nova Mito GT at 7:20. This is in the hands of comparable drivers all in the same main. Again I'll be back shortly with radar gun information that I received from the event.
afm likes this.

Last edited by Werks; 03-18-2017 at 06:41 PM.
Old 03-20-2017, 05:58 PM
Tech Elite

Ok, had a chance to dig up the e-mail with comparative speed information from the event. This is the same day and all speed readings were taken using a radar gun during the A-main (so they were all in similar level/capability drivers cars):

Werks 53mph
Os speed THS mod. (os vzb v2 cranks for more top speed) 51mph
Capricorn Tesla Gt black edition (tesla blue edition crank for more top speed) 50mph
Novarossi Mito stock 48mph
Novarossi Mito THS mod 49mph
Novarossi Mito Murnan mod 50mph
afm likes this.
Old 03-29-2017, 07:49 AM
Tech Regular

Ron, these numbers confirm what we seen on the tracks throughout Brazil. With engines completely stock, only adjusting deck height and plug depending on altitude / temperature, we have both the torque and speed necessary to perform with or outperform the modded engines. That said, we are able to use stock engines, eliminating the risk that come with modding engines, especially if the mods are aiming at taking weight out of piston or conrod, as well as the additional $$$ involved in getting the engines modified. We have not measured and compared top speeds, but at the Brazilian Nationals, it was possible to judge by naked eye that our engines had an edge over the competition there. Looking forward to see this engine used around the globe...
Old 03-30-2017, 10:57 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by thommi
Ron, these numbers confirm what we seen on the tracks throughout Brazil. With engines completely stock, only adjusting deck height and plug depending on altitude / temperature, we have both the torque and speed necessary to perform with or outperform the modded engines. That said, we are able to use stock engines, eliminating the risk that come with modding engines, especially if the mods are aiming at taking weight out of piston or conrod, as well as the additional $$$ involved in getting the engines modified. We have not measured and compared top speeds, but at the Brazilian Nationals, it was possible to judge by naked eye that our engines had an edge over the competition there. Looking forward to see this engine used around the globe...
Thanks, it's good to hear that you were able to judge the difference with the naked eye! That pretty much confirms what I've felt which is that we are on the right path as far as performance and top speed with our new GT engine. It's going to be interesting to hear the feedback that we start to get from the rest of the world once these start getting out there. Samples are heading to our importer in Australia for testing now and the engines are already in stock at A-main Hobbies and being set up in the system for sales as we speak. So they should start getting out here in the US in the next few weeks also
Old 04-03-2017, 12:39 PM
Tech Elite

Well I'm happy to say that our new GT engines and pipes are now in stock at A-main! The Werks GT engine can be found here:

https://www.amainhobbies.com/werks-r...tl21gt/p632604

And our new 2068 exhaust system for the GT engine can be found here:

https://www.amainhobbies.com/werks-r...x6632c/p632605

I'm very happy with how we were able to price our new GT engine and at a $309 street price, only $20 more than the Picco GT engine and a whopping $190 less than the OS GT engine I feel it offers the best bang for the buck performance wise of any GT engine on the market at this time!
Old 04-04-2017, 03:42 PM
afm
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Werks
Well I'm happy to say that our new GT engines and pipes are now in stock at A-main! The Werks GT engine can be found here:

https://www.amainhobbies.com/werks-r...tl21gt/p632604

And our new 2068 exhaust system for the GT engine can be found here:

https://www.amainhobbies.com/werks-r...x6632c/p632605

I'm very happy with how we were able to price our new GT engine and at a $309 street price, only $20 more than the Picco GT engine and a whopping $190 less than the OS GT engine I feel it offers the best bang for the buck performance wise of any GT engine on the market at this time!
Is the header conical?? what lenght is it??

Rgrds
AFM
Old 04-04-2017, 05:49 PM
Tech Elite

Well it looks like A-main sold out their first batch of engines in 1 day lol. Thank you guys for the orders, more engines are on the way and will be there Thursday!

Last edited by Werks; 04-04-2017 at 06:01 PM.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.