Wiki Posts
Search

ROCKET SCIENCE FUEL

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2005, 05:33 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default ROCKET SCIENCE FUEL

ANYONE KNOW OIL PERCENTAGE IN THIS FUEL WITH 30%NITRO?
Old 11-10-2005, 06:19 PM
Tech Regular

I believe it is 8%. It doesn't need anymore than that, the oil quality and performance is outstanding.
Old 11-10-2005, 06:23 PM
Tech Addict

WOULD YOU SAY IT WOULD NOT SHORTEN ENGINE LIFE I TRIED WHITE LIGHTING AND BLEW A MUGEN X12 AND O.S. T.R. AT LESS THAN 220 DEG ON SAME DAY WITH ONLY 2 TANKS IN EACH!!!!
DONT WANT TO BLOW MY NEW T.Z.
Old 11-10-2005, 07:20 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by MANINTHEMUGEN
WOULD YOU SAY IT WOULD NOT SHORTEN ENGINE LIFE I TRIED WHITE LIGHTING AND BLEW A MUGEN X12 AND O.S. T.R. AT LESS THAN 220 DEG ON SAME DAY WITH ONLY 2 TANKS IN EACH!!!!
I've run 2-3 gallons through a .21 onroad of rocket science no problems. I've known people who switched to rocket science and just by doing that solved their motor blowing problems.
Old 11-10-2005, 08:55 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Here is the link for Rocket Science Fuel. I have ran Rocket Science for 3 years now and no blown engine and great milage. I run it on-road and off-road with awsome results.

Click the link and you can see the results for yourself.

http://www.rocketsciencefuels.com/

Joe Maxey
Old 11-11-2005, 04:28 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Whoa thats crazy. I was going to give WL a shot , but you made me think otherwise. 220 is not very hot either.

WL is made by dynamite though = Blue Thunder , its ok stuff but I hear its not so great quality.

When you adjust nitro and oil percentages you need to set the needles to factory. WL has lower oil so you should have set the needles more rich?

If you ran them at the same settings as you did before then they might have been pretty lean. Allthough the 220 temps doesnt sound right , but maybe they climbed during a race...

Heres a guide I have been using for years. Really helpful , most of the time I can figure it out but there are some that are tricky.

Last edited by Artificial-I; 02-13-2006 at 08:30 AM.
Old 11-11-2005, 03:10 PM
ALG
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Artificial-I
Whoa thats crazy. I was going to give WL a shot , but you made me think otherwise. 220 is not very hot either.

WL is made by dynamite though = Blue Thunder , its ok stuff but I hear its not so great quality.

When you adjust nitro and oil percentages you need to set the needles to factory. WL has lower oil so you should have set the needles more rich?

If you ran them at the same settings as you did before then they might have been pretty lean. Allthough the 220 temps doesnt sound right , but maybe they climbed during a race...

Heres a guide I have been using for years. Really helpful , most of the time I can figure it out but there are some that are tricky.

You may also try Byron Fuel. it is good.
Know Im running MAXY fuel and lower my temp by 10º
Old 11-11-2005, 03:45 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I`ve run White Lightning for 2 seasons now and have NEVER blown an engine running up to 265 deg. Are you sure you dont have other issues? The White Lightning has the same oil percentage as Rocket Science!
Old 11-11-2005, 09:15 PM
Tech Adept

I don't think you have a fuel issue. Sounds more like you did't break-in motors correctly. You should be running about 5 to 6 tanks of fuel just on break in aloan, at temps no more than 200 deg. 2 tanks, 2 blown motors on the same day! Now that a bad day at the track.
Old 11-12-2005, 02:16 PM
Tech Addict

THE OS MOTOR HAD OVER 2 GALLOONS THROUGH IT.THE X12 HAD OVER 3. I'VE BEEN RACING FOR OVER 4 YEARS,ALWAYS HAVE USED MUGEN OR BYRON FUEL WITH NO PROBLEMS.MOVED TO FLORIDA COULDNT FIND MUGEN OR BYRON. IF I DID IT WAS $30 A GALLON TRIED WHITELIGHTING ON A RECOMENDATION .I KNEW IT HAD LESS OIL SO I RICHENED IT UP AT LEAST 1.5 TURNS LET ENGINE IDLE HALF TANK RAN REST VERY EASY ALMOST LIKE A BREAKIN. THEN STATRED TO TUNE ENGINE RAN AT ABOUT 200 BUT STILL NOT THE SAME POWER AS BEFORE BUT I DIDNT WANT TO BLOW IT . WELL IT STILL BLEWUP .EMAILED WHITELIGHTING GOT THE MOST DUMB-ASS RESPONSE . THAT I USE IT FOR CLEANING MY ENGINE PARTS NOW.I WILL NEVER BUY OR RECOMEND TO ANYONE.AS FAR AS IM CONCERNED ITS CRAP! IVE HAD MOTORS LAST ME THROUGH 7-8 GALLONS BEFORE NEEDING REBUILD.AT RACE TUNE!BEEN TUNING MOTORS FOR SOME TIME,SO TUNING WAS NOT AN ISSUE
Old 11-12-2005, 07:47 PM
Tech Adept

Thumbs up

THE OS MOTOR HAD OVER 2 GALLOONS THROUGH IT.THE X12 HAD OVER 3. I'VE BEEN RACING FOR OVER 4 YEARS,ALWAYS HAVE USED MUGEN OR BYRON FUEL WITH NO PROBLEMS.MOVED TO FLORIDA COULDNT FIND MUGEN OR BYRON. IF I DID IT WAS $30 A GALLON TRIED WHITELIGHTING ON A RECOMENDATION .I KNEW IT HAD LESS OIL SO I RICHENED IT UP AT LEAST 1.5 TURNS LET ENGINE IDLE HALF TANK RAN REST VERY EASY ALMOST LIKE A BREAKIN. THEN STATRED TO TUNE ENGINE RAN AT ABOUT 200 BUT STILL NOT THE SAME POWER AS BEFORE BUT I DIDNT WANT TO BLOW IT . WELL IT STILL BLEWUP .EMAILED WHITELIGHTING GOT THE MOST DUMB-ASS RESPONSE . THAT I USE IT FOR CLEANING MY ENGINE PARTS NOW.I WILL NEVER BUY OR RECOMEND TO ANYONE.AS FAR AS IM CONCERNED ITS CRAP! IVE HAD MOTORS LAST ME THROUGH 7-8 GALLONS BEFORE NEEDING REBUILD.AT RACE TUNE!BEEN TUNING MOTORS FOR SOME TIME,SO TUNING WAS NOT AN ISSUE
Please don't take this the wrong way. You sound like you know what your taking about but I think other wise. Most good engine tuners use temp as a reference. You want to make sure the motor is always blowing lots and lots of smoke, both at low rpm and high rpm. I have never used white lighting fuel,but I doupt very much that their fuel had anything to do with you blowing up your motors. 7-8 gallons threw a motor before rebuilding,wow! I see a lot of the best driver in the U.S using white lighting fuel with great success, which tells me it's a dam good fuel!!
Old 11-12-2005, 08:10 PM
Tech Addict

NO OFENSE TAKEN BUT THERE WAS PLENTY OF SMOKE BLOWING OUT THE PIPE. AS FAR AS THE BEST DRIVERS ARE CONCERNED THEY CARRY A BAG FULL OF MOTORS GIVEN TO THEM FOR FREE.I'VE ATTENDED MANY PRO RACES AND YOU ALWAYS SEE THEM BREAKING IN NEW MOTORS.THEY MAY USE ONE FOR 2-3 RUNS AND PULL IT OUT FOR ANOTHER .AND THEY HAPPEN TO BE GUYS RUNNING THE 8% FUELS .THERE IS NO WAY A FUEL WITH 25% LESS OIL CAN PROTECT YOUR MOTOR JUST AS WELL.BYRON HAS 12% OIL BUT I FEEL THEY USE HIGHER QUALITY NITRO TO PRODUCE MORE POWER.WITH 8% OIL THEY CAN USE CHEAPER INGREDIENTS AND STILL PRODUCE GOOD POWER.SINCE THEY HAVE LESS OIL.
ALSO WHEN I BREAKIN A MOTOR IT GETS ATLEAST 10 TANKS RUN THROUGH IT BEFORE I TRY TO TUNE FOR MAX POWER
Old 11-12-2005, 09:46 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Sounds like you had your bases covered. Well you sold me....or I guess you can sell you didnt sell me on wl, lol.

You run at superiors right? Do you run a pink mugen?

Also the other thing that might have caused it. Since I know where this was at im thinking maybe on a tight track like superior where your low-end is important. Did you adjust the low-end needle as well? If not it could have been a real lean low-end.

Where do you get your fuel at? Ive been looking for byrons. Also theres not much at superior. I was thinking of trying maxys fuels....The other to try there is JACS , lots of people seem to like it. I ran it and cant really say much as Ive been having motor troubles when I tried it , but it seemed to work well.
Old 11-13-2005, 05:59 AM
Tech Adept

Talking

NO OFENSE TAKEN BUT THERE WAS PLENTY OF SMOKE BLOWING OUT THE PIPE. AS FAR AS THE BEST DRIVERS ARE CONCERNED THEY CARRY A BAG FULL OF MOTORS GIVEN TO THEM FOR FREE.I'VE ATTENDED MANY PRO RACES AND YOU ALWAYS SEE THEM BREAKING IN NEW MOTORS.THEY MAY USE ONE FOR 2-3 RUNS AND PULL IT OUT FOR ANOTHER .AND THEY HAPPEN TO BE GUYS RUNNING THE 8% FUELS .THERE IS NO WAY A FUEL WITH 25% LESS OIL CAN PROTECT YOUR MOTOR JUST AS WELL.BYRON HAS 12% OIL BUT I FEEL THEY USE HIGHER QUALITY NITRO TO PRODUCE MORE POWER.WITH 8% OIL THEY CAN USE CHEAPER INGREDIENTS AND STILL PRODUCE GOOD POWER.SINCE THEY HAVE LESS OIL.
ALSO WHEN I BREAKIN A MOTOR IT GETS ATLEAST 10 TANKS RUN THROUGH IT BEFORE I TRY TO TUNE FOR MAX POWER

If the motor was blowing plenty of smoke and was not getting very hot, this should tell you the fuel your are using is just fine. Take for example last week at the nats, I bet there was several different fuels used in just the A main alone. White lighting was one of those fuels being used for a solid 60 min main finishing second, not bad for a crappy fuel. I would look else where for your engine troubles. When you took the motors apart what did you see? Was there sighs of poor lubrication? Was the main bearing in good shape? I guess I should ask you, what blew on the motor? Did the rod let go,main bearing fail, crack piston,broken crank. I know you will never use white lighting fuel again and that's fine but something else made your motors blow-up that day and it wasn't the fuel you were using. Just trying to help you with your motor troubles.
Old 11-14-2005, 03:32 PM
Tech Addict

YES I DO RUN AT SUPERIORS NO NOT A PINK MUGEN THATS IMPALABOB
MINES IS YELLOW WITH RED FLAMES AS FAR AS WHAT LET GO NOTHING BROKE JUST THE PISTONS COULD GO ALL THE WAY THROUGH THE SLEEVE.JUST WORE THEM OUT. THIS HAPPEND AT KISSIME RACEWAY.I KNOW A FEW WHO RUN IT AND LIKE IT MAYBE I GOT A BAD MIX IT HAPPENS I KNOW.BUT I'LL STICK TO BIGGER NAMES WHO HAVE BETTER REPUTATIONS.AS FAR AS JACS I HEARD THEY REDID THE MIX TO 12% OIL HAVENT TRIED IT. RUNNING ODONEL NOW THINK I'LL STICK TO IT FOR NOW NO PROBLEMS.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.