Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road > Onroad Nitro Engine Zone
Adding castor oil to premixed fuel >

Adding castor oil to premixed fuel

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree2Likes

Adding castor oil to premixed fuel

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2015, 02:04 AM
Tech Adept

ive seen some guys build a custom wankel powered drag car and they are pretty awesome when you see that and compare to 1:1 size and track cars as well.. fun but may have some cons.. but hey.. experiment and you never know what ll come of it..
Old 10-14-2015, 03:14 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Yeah, I've seen those too. Cool idea, but they only run for a few seconds at a time, necessitated by the fact that the OS wankel engine is heatsinked for airplane use instead of ground-vehicle use. I prefer my fun to last longer than that.

Since I made this thread, I've run the engine several times while attached to an airplane (though not actually flying because I haven't bought the AMA membership necessary to access the local RC airfields, and there aren't any random open spaces big enough, and I don't know how to fly an airplane yet so I'm scared to go solo with a vintage engine). The engine runs very well on 10% nitro with 18% synth spiked with enough castor to raise it to 25% oil overall.