Wiki Posts
Search

Nova 353r carb ?

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2014, 11:49 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default Nova 353r carb ?

I'm having a problem with my 353r I think the carb may be shot. I can't adjust the low speed anymore leaner. The needle is always the way closed and it still on the rich side. I went thew the carb and don't see anything out of order or damage. My guess is the spray bar is worn out or egged out from previous owner. Im wondering if i can take another carb off another engine (turbo engine) like either a .12 os xz or a rb .12 and will it work. I can't find a replacement carb for the 353r anywhere.

What you guys think ?
Old 05-21-2014, 12:13 PM
Tech Rookie

What is the code of your carburator? The ones with a plastic collar around the neck that fits inside the crakcase have this problem. Try the 10608 carburetor. If you have a look at the exploded view, you would only need the body of the carburetor (11279).

Bye.
Old 05-21-2014, 01:10 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

yea but i can't find anyone who carries the carb or carb parts for that engine. Would you know where.