Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1Likes

RB Engine Thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2005, 08:06 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Mie3R
Quick question...How does the RB V12 5 port, match up to the OS 12TZ 5 port, as far as performance? I dont mind paying the extra money to get the RB if I know for sure it'll beat an OS12TZ, or even my Mugen X12 engine.
Both are powerfull engine. If u wanna have the maximum power of V12, match up with RB Concept tuned pipe.[/QUOTE]

I have the OS 12TZ 5 port and it is a super fast engine. I just raced my brother's EVO 3 (3-port) in the long sweeper at Revelation yesterday, and the OS came out on top. For the price, it's hard to beat the OS 5-port. I haven't tried the RB V12 5-port as I expect it to be on par with the OS.
Old 08-26-2005, 05:04 PM
jag
Tech Master

Originally Posted by wendellc1
Both are powerfull engine. If u wanna have the maximum power of V12, match up with RB Concept tuned pipe.
I have the OS 12TZ 5 port and it is a super fast engine. I just raced my brother's EVO 3 (3-port) in the long sweeper at Revelation yesterday, and the OS came out on top. For the price, it's hard to beat the OS 5-port. I haven't tried the RB V12 5-port as I expect it to be on par with the OS.[/QUOTE]

Yeah but how does that OS compare to your JP FX12?

I have an RB X12 5 port and a V12 3 port Rody. They are excellent engines and I would recommend them to anybody. I have never seen an OS engine that could run with a Novarossi based engine. I'm not saying that they can't, I've just never seen one.
Old 08-26-2005, 05:13 PM
Tech Apprentice

My JP is not fully broken-in yet, so it's still slow. To my surprise, my OS TZ 5-port is one of the fastest engine on my track. My EVO 2 5-port or previous EVO 3-port are about 10-15% behind in power. OS did a great job with this engine. Honestly, I'll be happy if my JP after break-in can keep up. It is that fast!
Old 08-26-2005, 05:17 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by jag
I have the OS 12TZ 5 port and it is a super fast engine. I just raced my brother's EVO 3 (3-port) in the long sweeper at Revelation yesterday, and the OS came out on top. For the price, it's hard to beat the OS 5-port. I haven't tried the RB V12 5-port as I expect it to be on par with the OS.

I have an RB X12 5 port and a V12 3 port Rody. They are excellent engines and I would recommend them to anybody. I have never seen an OS engine that could run with a Novarossi based engine. I'm not saying that they can't, I've just never seen one.[/QUOTE]

How would you compare the RB X12 5-port with the V12 3-port Rody?
Old 08-26-2005, 09:04 PM
Tech Adept

How would you compare the RB X12 5-port with the V12 3-port Rody?
The V12 3 port rody is stronger. Primarily because the V12 series in general is better than the X12 series RB mills. Rody know how to mod an engine and I am definitely impressed with the Rody mods. Some of the other top mod guys do just as good of work. The JP mods done by Richie are hot and so are the Hottinger engines. I can get RB support here local though so I am kind of fond of RB engines.
Old 08-26-2005, 09:09 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by terry sturchio
The V12 3 port rody is stronger. Primarily because the V12 series in general is better than the X12 series RB mills. Rody know how to mod an engine and I am definitely impressed with the Rody mods. Some of the other top mod guys do just as good of work. The JP mods done by Richie are hot and so are the Hottinger engines. I can get RB support here local though so I am kind of fond of RB engines.

The Mario Rossi Rex engines are very good also!
Old 08-27-2005, 07:17 PM
jag
Tech Master

I have an RB X12 5 port and a V12 3 port Rody. They are excellent engines and I would recommend them to anybody. I have never seen an OS engine that could run with a Novarossi based engine. I'm not saying that they can't, I've just never seen one.
How would you compare the RB X12 5-port with the V12 3-port Rody?[/QUOTE]

I have never ran them in the same car. My X12 is modded and it runs very good. I would guess they are similar on the top end but the Rody may have a little more bottom end. We are not allowed to run 5 port engines here so I used to run the X12 in my stadium truck just for fun. Bad idea... it spent alot of time on the roof. It is a very fast engine.
Old 08-31-2005, 09:16 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

anyone knows a good place to get RB engines? I prefer USA shops. thx.
Old 08-31-2005, 11:29 PM
Tech Addict

acehardwarehobbies.com
Old 09-27-2005, 01:47 PM
Tech Initiate

I have been running an OS.12TZ 5 port. This weekend I'll be testing an RB.12 X12 Rody. Are these normally a 3 or 5 port? Or did they make both? I was thinking about gearing the RB the same as the OS. Does that sound like a good idea?
Old 09-29-2005, 12:57 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by MauriceG
I have been running an OS.12TZ 5 port. This weekend I'll be testing an RB. X12 Rody. Are these normally a 3 or 5 port? Or did they make both? I was thinking about gearing the RB the same as the OS. Does that sound like a good idea?
Hmmm, so nobody has had any experience with these two engines?
Old 09-29-2005, 10:32 PM
Tech Addict

Not sure if the RB X12 comes with a 5 port flavor. I'm thinking they probably did, since the RB V12 comes in 3 or 5 port.

I've seen RB V12 5 ports during a race, and they're beasts. It should beat an OS 12 TZ 5 port at all RPM ranges. I have both an OS 12 TZ 5 port and a Mugen X12. The Mugen X12 is an awesome engine. Not many 3 port engines can beat it, and the Mugen X12 is stronger at low and has a bit more top end than my OS 12TZ 5 port.

The RB X12 is a nice engine, but somewhat slow by today's standards. The OS 12TZ 5 port will beat it quite easily. I've raced my friends RB X12. If you have a large track with a straightaway of more than 150ft, the RB X12 will start to lose its power halfway thru the straight. The OS 12TZ 5 port, will eat it up, since it has nice top end power.
Old 10-09-2005, 05:43 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

hi guys,
i really need so encouragement because this engine is bugging the crap out of me. i don't want to install another engine in my buggy. i have an RB S5 .21 engine. i am having some serious trouble getting the thing to start. i was barely able to start it, and only one tank of gas has been run through it at idle. however, i can't get the engine to start for the second tank at all!!! now i know this is a common problem with new engines, but the piston is constantly getting stuck at TDC!!! which means i have to take the buggy of the starter box and turn over the flywheel with a screw driver manually, which is really annoying. i installed a brand new plug, fuel is still good, although it was bought in early summer(maybe not still good ), and the glow driver has been thoroughly charged(but doesn't hold a very good charge ). so, what should i do before i give up on this thing??? any help would greatly be appreciated.
Old 10-09-2005, 06:24 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Two things. Use a heat gun or a hair dryer to heat the engine before you try turning it over. That will help a lot. You can loosen the glow plug a little as well.

It is a new engine and new engines are very tight. It will loosen up over time, but try those things and keep your starter box batteries charged up and it will eventually loosen up for you.
Old 10-10-2005, 07:09 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

great tips there.

u might need a stronger starter box. or borrow 1 of the mugen seiki 1/8 offroad starter boxes <- the best in the market.

be patient in this process and the engine will give u many gallons of fun.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.