R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road > Onroad Nitro Engine Zone

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-24-2005, 11:17 AM   #16
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 677
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

GFD - maybe you can just give me your RB V15 rody lol j/k

Yeah, i'm still leaning towards the V12 5 port. I don't really care about having a legal engine, as a lot of the guys I run with, run outlaw motors. Plus I have my X12 to use in ROAR or other sanctioned events, where they care about motor size.
snowboardgeek1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2005, 11:29 AM   #17
Tech Adept
 
terry sturchio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Cheney, KS
Posts: 159
Default

I agree with GFD about the .12 and better fuel mileage. Especially if you run longer mains at your track. I like being able to pit later than everyone else. It takes the pressure off your pit guy and makes it a lot easier to deal with pit traffic.

I think the Pro-spec will handle the horsepower, I just think it might be overkill anyway. Trust me, and RB V12 5 port will run as well as your X12 if not better. There is already enough power there. Too much power is just a waste anyway unless your track is giant and you can really use it. I couldn't begin to tell you where to gear an .18-TZ because I've never ran one before. Haven't had one on a dyno either. Gearing is subjective on every track anyway. Our track has a different layout from race to race and I sometimes have to change gearing just to accomodate that.
__________________
I'll race electric when batteries smell like nitro.
terry sturchio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2005, 11:35 AM   #18
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 677
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

The track I race at is definitely HUGE. Its the largest on road track in california, according to others. Sun Valley has a long straightaway, and the turns are more of sweepers in my opinion...its setup for 1/8th scale racers, more than 1/10th scale. Very fun track to race at.

I'll most likely get the RB V12 5 port. Only thing I hate about having a turbo engine, is the damn plugs...so expensive!
snowboardgeek1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2005, 11:51 AM   #19
Tech Adept
 
terry sturchio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Cheney, KS
Posts: 159
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowboardgeek1
Only thing I hate about having a turbo engine, is the damn plugs...so expensive!
I have grown kind of fond of the turbo plugs. Not having to find more copper gaskets all the time is worth it to me. I have used the same plug for nearly a season on my RB V12 3 port. It still runs great. I never put a new plug in for a club race unless it is absolutely toast. For bigger races, I generally run a new plug just for insurance. If I can't afford a few glow plugs, then I probably shouldn't be racing anyway. My Tire bill is probably higher than my whole car in a season.
__________________
I'll race electric when batteries smell like nitro.
terry sturchio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2005, 11:57 AM   #20
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 677
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

I hear yah about the damn foam tires. I must go thru a set after every day of racing. Pisses me off. I can definitely afford the plugs (I must have spent over 2K the past 2 months!) its just I like having spares, and the turbo plugs can add up. My X12 isn't turbo so this will be the first time I'll be using a turbo engine.
snowboardgeek1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2005, 07:17 PM   #21
Tech Master
 
Rapid Roy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: L.A. (Rowland Hts)
Posts: 1,531
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowboardgeek1
I hear yah about the damn foam tires. I must go thru a set after every day of racing. Pisses me off. I can definitely afford the plugs (I must have spent over 2K the past 2 months!) its just I like having spares, and the turbo plugs can add up. My X12 isn't turbo so this will be the first time I'll be using a turbo engine.
Try Ultimate Hobbies in Orange. I got my 3 port V12 for $199
Rapid Roy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2005, 07:55 PM   #22
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 677
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Not bad! How much for a 5 port RB? I'll call them up tomorrow!
snowboardgeek1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2005, 08:14 PM   #23
Tech Elite
 
Mie3R's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Johor Bahru, Malaysia
Posts: 4,201
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

hi there.
i already tried RBv12. for me it's just a normal engine. b4 i run the engine, i checked everything the internal parts and i dont find any special mod inside it. if i not mistaken, there's 2 type of RBv12. normal n Rody version. look 4 Rody's version if power is considered. otherwise go for OStz, or sirio evo3, the hottest in the market.
Mie3R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2005, 02:17 AM   #24
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 948
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mie3R
hi there.
i already tried RBv12. for me it's just a normal engine. b4 i run the engine, i checked everything the internal parts and i dont find any special mod inside it. if i not mistaken, there's 2 type of RBv12. normal n Rody version. look 4 Rody's version if power is considered. otherwise go for OStz, or sirio evo3, the hottest in the market.
So what if there is no crazy cuts or grinds. Have you seen inside a TZ yet? You wont find any there either. How quick a motor is mainly depends on the port timing. These cuts and grinds on the sleeve and crank are not the only difference between a rody and a standard V12. They also have different port timing. Also, open up any Novarossi engine and you wont find anything in there either except for a 'turbo flute' on the crankshaft which the RB also has.
+ buy any Nova or RB and you can be sure that the thing will last. The components used on these engines are second to none.

p.s. Visit the Sirio thread, and you will find some very unhappy people there. No doubt the motors are fast but they use rubbish carbs and break crankshafts very easily and frequently...
Rody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2005, 02:55 AM   #25
Tech Elite
 
Mie3R's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Johor Bahru, Malaysia
Posts: 4,201
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

i do agree with u rody. the sirio carb is not reliable. only suitable 4 big track. what i'm trying to say is, once i bought the v12, i expect there's something new inside it compared to x12. at my place the v12 is much expensive compare to the rest(non mod engine). whta i did to my v12 is 'port n polish'. then only i feel the power of RB. my previous engine was RB Rody Roem. i love the engine especially the top end.. thanx 4 ur explaination.
Mie3R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2005, 08:07 AM   #26
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 677
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

I agree, the Novarossi engines are very reliable engines. I have heard the same about RB engines, which is why I am looking to buy one.

If this is the great Rody Roem, I have to say, its a pleasure talking to one of the best tuners out there. Thanks for visiting this thread.

Quick question...How does the RB V12 5 port, match up to the OS 12TZ 5 port, as far as performance? I dont mind paying the extra money to get the RB if I know for sure it'll beat an OS12TZ, or even my Mugen X12 engine.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Rody
So what if there is no crazy cuts or grinds. Have you seen inside a TZ yet? You wont find any there either. How quick a motor is mainly depends on the port timing. These cuts and grinds on the sleeve and crank are not the only difference between a rody and a standard V12. They also have different port timing. Also, open up any Novarossi engine and you wont find anything in there either except for a 'turbo flute' on the crankshaft which the RB also has.
+ buy any Nova or RB and you can be sure that the thing will last. The components used on these engines are second to none.

p.s. Visit the Sirio thread, and you will find some very unhappy people there. No doubt the motors are fast but they use rubbish carbs and break crankshafts very easily and frequently...
snowboardgeek1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2005, 03:46 PM   #27
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 948
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowboardgeek1
I agree, the Novarossi engines are very reliable engines. I have heard the same about RB engines, which is why I am looking to buy one.

If this is the great Rody Roem, I have to say, its a pleasure talking to one of the best tuners out there. Thanks for visiting this thread.

Quick question...How does the RB V12 5 port, match up to the OS 12TZ 5 port, as far as performance? I dont mind paying the extra money to get the RB if I know for sure it'll beat an OS12TZ, or even my Mugen X12 engine.
, that is funny! Im not the real Rody Roem. I think the real Rody has a bit more manners than me and will not bag opposition engines like i do...

You can talk the the real Rody via rbproducts.com and he will personally reply to any questions you ask. Very nice guy and one of the smartest you will ever talk to.
Rody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2005, 07:17 PM   #28
Tech Elite
 
Mie3R's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Johor Bahru, Malaysia
Posts: 4,201
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

Quick question...How does the RB V12 5 port, match up to the OS 12TZ 5 port, as far as performance? I dont mind paying the extra money to get the RB if I know for sure it'll beat an OS12TZ, or even my Mugen X12 engine.[/QUOTE]

Both are powerfull engine. If u wanna have the maximum power of V12, match up with RB Concept tuned pipe.
Mie3R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2005, 07:36 PM   #29
Tech Champion
 
nitrodude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Oxnard, CA
Posts: 5,749
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Snowboardgeek, where do you race? Just wondering.
__________________
Steven Muller
AKA El Pibe RUFAST? HAHA!!!
Ronin Speed Parts
nitrodude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2005, 10:04 PM   #30
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 677
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Nitrodude, I race at Sun Valley. But I do work very close to your area...I work in Port Hueneme. I tried out Camarillo's race track, but felt it was too small.

Rody - My mistake

I should be getting that RB engine by next Tuesday. Thanks for the replies everyone. Lets keep this thread going! I dont want to limit this thread, to only my questions. RB engines from what I have heard, are right up there with Novarossi's. Lets keep the thread moving along!
snowboardgeek1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
GRP... Engine... Thread... xlgraphicspro Offroad Nitro Engine Forum 2135 09-10-2013 09:46 AM
Palmaris engine thread EdwardN Onroad Nitro Engine Zone 2533 08-12-2013 11:48 AM
OS TR engine thread compaq888 Onroad Nitro Engine Zone 612 03-25-2006 05:55 AM
REX engine thread? factory racer Onroad Nitro Engine Zone 1 06-05-2005 10:42 AM
SH Engine thread ziggy12345 Onroad Nitro Engine Zone 12 02-14-2005 01:48 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 09:23 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.0